Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why does your offspring not support Charlton?

2»

Comments

• Options
    If your children support anyone other than who you support then you've failed as a parent.
    My son in law is millwall. 
    Both his kids (my grandkids)
    Support Charlton. 
    Agree about being a bad parent 
  • Options
    It was my Uncle who first took me to the Valley and he always insisted that you should support your local team.
    So, when the wife and I moved lock stock and barrel to Bournemouth, it was only natural when the kids came along that I insisted that they....support Charlton.
    To be fair they have remained staunchly loyal despite all the shite of recent years, even when their local team is enjoying the greatest times in its history and is only 5 minutes down the road.
    I'm sure they secretly hate me!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    My youngest son has no choice, his middle name is Charlton.

The eldest one is a manure glory hunter (not much glory at the moment haha) but still comes to Charlton games.

They are both in their thirties and at least the younger one will get everything when we kick the bucket. Only joking Gary. 
    Please tell me his first name is Rodney.
    Sorry to disappoint you it's Dave.

(Not really  :D)
  • Options
    One of my girls has only been to two games and just isn’t interested, despite one of those being the most recent Carlisle promotion game. The other one was a season ticket holder for a few years, but isn’t really that fussed anymore. If they have kids I expect they’ll go with the teams the dads support. 
  • Options
    If your children support anyone other than who you support then you've failed as a parent.
    My son in law is millwall. 
    Both his kids (my grandkids)
    Support Charlton. 
    Agree about being a bad parent 
    He obviously didn't/doesn't like his kids  ;)
  • Options
    I sold one of my children once for supporting Palarse!  Horrible snotty nosed little twat he was,  the police brought him back twice, but as i said to them, "fuck off, look at him".
  • Options
    Same reason I don't support Millwall, my dad did.
  • Options
    Everyone in my family are Leicester fans, Im the only Charlton fan. So Im the reverse of the thread topic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So how did we lure you to the path of pain and suffering that is being a Charlton fan Trev?
  • Options
    Charlton are an albatross but one that you cannot bring yourself to turn your back on despite every ounce of rationality and logic screaming that it would be the right thing to do for your happiness.  Supporting them is 99% misery, frustration and disappointment, punctuated by the odd once or twice a decade event that bring a sheer and unrivalled joy that I don't suspect fans of big, fashionable clubs can ever truly experience. And what joy that is....

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Sunderland League One play-off final  as

If I've had to suffer it for 40 years then they bloody well can too.

My son doesn't know it yet but he will be the 6th generation of Charlton supporter in my family.

No sky subscription can give you days like Wembley.

Do you know, mate ...... that phrase of yours is absolute quality:

"No sky subscription can give you days like Wembley."

• Options
    Took my son when he was 6, hooked ever since, no amount of TV games can overcome live football passion. 
    Probably the only family to have ditched Liverpool family tradition to change allegiance to Charlton! 
  • Options
    Only ever going to be an Addick (me) dads side, Plumstead family, mums side were Southampton & Blue side Evertonians (WW2 certainly displaced families). Our daughter dislikes football, our lad no choice, he’s an Addick & loves it now living in Worcester although plays decent rugby up there. Brother is an Addick now residing in Spain, bloody nephews Fulham & Liverpool (Sister) although eldest neph came to Wembley in 1998 and cried when Gray missed that pen.

All being well grandkids will be Addicks, I’ll do my damndnest.

We are as well big rugby fans, support Exeter Chiefs & of course England,  even though wifey was born & bred in Leicester with her family being evacuees from Cyprus Road what is now City Airport, it’s a small world. 
  • Options
    Both my sons are Charlton and it's a bit early to tell with the grandkids as they're both under 4 years old!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My girls are 3 years and 3 weeks old. Sadly for them they won’t have a choice. 

Sorry girls
  • Options
    Only if they support Millwall!
  • Options
    My three sons all support Charlton - took the eldest to his first game at The Valley around '96 (we beat the massives in The FA Cup), he went on to have a season ticket for 19 years, the 2 youngest have only lived in Sunbury, surrounded by Chelsea and a smattering of Brentford and Fulham - we were all at Wembley last year.
  • Options
    My daughters don't like sport at all, my son is disabled and currently doesn't like football. He quite likes to rugby, it is all the banging into each other and falling over which makes him laugh.

I haven't given up hope