Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Dame Vera Lynn

13»

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP wonderful lady................. we'll meet again
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A life well lived. 
    Brought a tear to my eye today
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera
  • Options
    When I saw a documentary on her time visiting troops in Burma it brought years to my eyes thinking of my grandfather being a 20;year old out there for years. Seeing all the young men's faces was destroying. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP true a true national legend who became a star whilst the country was facing its darkest time. 
  • Options
    RIP Vera, they don’t make them like you anymore. Keep singing up there.
  • Options
    Sad news but she had a good life. 
  • Options
    Amazing lady and what a life. A legend that will be sorely missed but never forgotten at all!!! RIP Dame Vera
  • Options
    Very sad her passing but what a wonderful life. She was my Dad’s favourite. He was born the same year and when he too passed away a month short of his 98th birthday they played We’ll meet again at his funeral service. I had held it together until they played that song, which brought back memories of Dad telling me of his war stories and his younger days growing up in Lewisham. A wonderful man and a remarkable lady, hope they get to meet again. Rip Dame Vera.
  • Options
    A legend.  Rest In Peace Dame Vera.

A talkback caller remembered her concert tour of New Zealand and how, working in a hair salon in Auckland, she took a booking for a Mrs Lewis, Dame Vera’s married name.  She remembered Vera Lynn as being the nicest lady.  Partway through having her hair done she got out her knitting while chatting away.
  • Options
    RIP Vera.
  • Options
    Bless her RIP
  • Options
    Someone who really is a true legend. R.I.P. Dame Vera, a wonderful, long life.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    RIP Vera Lynn. 

From being Vera Welch, a girl without any showbusiness roots and the daughter of a plumber and dressmaker from the East End, to becoming Dame Vera Lynn, a national Treasure and Icon who must've had the longest career ever in the fickle world of song. 
    Singing and entertaining from 7 to still selling music past a Century.

The Girl done good; a True British Legend.