Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Dame Vera Lynn

Comments

• Options
    Great innings. 

Rest Peacefully.
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera. 
  • Options
    more than just 'a life' .. during a struggle for Britain's survival she was a figure of tough and unbeatable Britishness to rank alongside Britannia .. R I P Vera 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera
  • Options

RIP Dame Vera.

What a lady, one off the truly great British ladies.

• Options
    Such a sad loss for the country. She was someone who you thought would just live for ever. A remarkable lady who was loved by almost everyone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Dame Vera.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    When somebody dies at such a fantastic age, it is not so sad, but an opportunity to celebrate an extraordinary and well lived life. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera. A sad day but what a wonderful innings she had. 
  • Options
    RIP a true legend a sad day .

• Options
    My condolences to her family and friends, a sad loss for all us as well. When ever items about her appeared on the tv, always made me think of my parents both of whom died decades ago, and what they might have might have been doing when they heard one of her songs for the first time, for example my dad was a merchant seaman during the war, so where could he have been, It is those kind of thoughts she generated for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Vera Lynn was one of East Ham's finest exports. Me being another.

RIP Vera, you were a legend, me less so. 
  • Options
    Rest in Peace Dame Vera. What a great lady. The end of an era.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McCartney said:

RIP. My Mum wrote to her earlier this year saying she remembered seeing her at the New Cross Empire in the late 40's early 50's.  She loved the dress Vera wore so much she bought one like it. She got a lovely letter back saying she remembered the dress and might still have it. 

Also remembered seeing (or  at least hearing) her at the Crystal Palace Bowel sometime back in the mid 80's.  She sang We'll meet Again at the end of a anti-heroin concert headlined by Hawkwind.    

So typical of her that she wrote back. That's a lovely story, as is the Hawkwind one. 
  • Options
    Sleep tight, lovely Vera.

Played her singing " We'll meet again" at my Mum's funeral.
  • Options
    The forces sweetheart and a true British legend, hero

• Options
    RIP Dame Vera
  • Options
    RIP , don't make um like that anymore.
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera Lynn. What a lady, what a life!

My Mum and Dad absolutely adored her.
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera, a very very good singer and a true British Icon. She seemed to be a lovely lady, who was unaffected by fame.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Rest in peace Dame Vera 

What a life 
  • Options
    RIP Dame Vera, they'll never be another like you. You raised the spirits of so many during the war. The phrase national treasure should be retired now.