Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans back at the Valley in September?

Comments

• Options
    Would the toilets be open?
  • Options
    Priority should be given to season ticket holders and the period they have been season ticket holders.
  • Options
    Boredom + idiocy + psychoactive material = gathering in large crowds anytime before there is a proven effective, freely available vaccine and certification
  • Options
    Is it only at sporting events where large crowds can’t gather? Seems to be ok in London and other cities and towns over the past couple of Saturdays......

Reducing capacity will cause huge problems in the Premier League and for clubs that sell out how can you let some season tickets holder in and some not? Fans will turn up and it will be a policing nightmare. They also face alienating the fan base and losing support. 

In saying the above I agree with other posters that it’s unlikely we will be back In the Vally before the New Year, but hope it is before.

• Options
    Would the toilets be open?

They would have to be, but you would have to put your hand up, if you want to use them.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dr Kish saying we could open our gates again in September but with only 25% of available seats. About 7000 fans.

Not enough for all season ticket holders to go. Should old git’s like me and kids be stopped from going?

What would be fair?

I think away fans should be banned across the leagues should be put in place to stop travel and the spread of the virus and this will provide more seats.
    I imagine a number of older fans will be wary of going anyway

How they decide the allowed capacity of each ground, and even stand will be an interesting one, I imagine they'll look at toilet and turnstile provision, and how cramped the concourses are. The East Stand (and Jimmy Seed) benefit in that their concourses are outside and thus potentially less dangerous. Cramped older grounds like Loftus Road could be far more impacted, the away stand concourse there is really narrow.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Boredom + idiocy + psychoactive material = gathering in large crowds anytime before there is a proven effective, freely available vaccine and certification
    If you're waiting for a vaccine you may never attend football again 
  • Options
    Restrict it Greenwich Borough residents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Great idea, keep those Bromley and Bexley yobs out.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    They all support Millwall mate
  • Options
    unless spectators can return to watch their respective clubs VERY soon, a lot of clubs will sink without trace
  • Options
    unless spectators can return to watch their respective clubs VERY soon, a lot of clubs will sink without trace
    This! 
  • Options
    True of large parts of the leisure sector and therefore the economy, but still not a good enough reason to take significant risks with people’s lives.
    Looking at the news and seeing the punch up to get into Next, going to football matches will be safer.
  • Options
    I suspect social distancing will be reduced or even removed in time for hospitality to be reopened after 4 July. So by September things will be fine....

Or not.....
  • Options
    True of large parts of the leisure sector and therefore the economy, but still not a good enough reason to take significant risks with people’s lives.
    It's not a risk if the people who want to protect themselves (my parents) keep in isolation from those who are willing to partake in activities ( myself and my children).

Personally, I would go to a 25 per cent capacity stadium , but not  go this year on holiday. It depends upon the individual, or should do.

Come October I shall see the situation and if I feel it necessary, get tested before visiting my parents.

I consider this quite level headed. Much of what is going on and being said now is quite paranoid and also patronising. I see it as the ideal and correct definition of 'project fear.'
  • Options
    Restrict it to Charlton fans who actually live in Charlton/Woolwich. I think theres about 8 or 9 of us. 
  • Options
    Probably be first 5000 to renew their season tickets.......if it gets to 5000
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As @JimmyMelrose states it is up to each individual to consider the risk. For me the risk to myself and others would be to high - as a non car owning 72 year old season ticket holder living in Manchester my journey for home matches includes tram, train, tube, walk to pub and finally the bus.
  • Options
    As @JimmyMelrose states it is up to each individual to consider the risk. For me the risk to myself and others would be to high - as a non car owning 72 year old season ticket holder living in Manchester my journey for home matches includes tram, train, tube, walk to pub and finally the bus.
    Massive respect to you! 
  • Options
    Exiled,  you need to move back sarf mate..... 
  • Options
    A good idea although I would expect the club to pick up the cost or petrol and of course the obligatory Michelin starred lunch and dinner. 
  • Options
    A good idea although I would expect the club to pick up the cost or petrol and of course the obligatory Michelin starred lunch and dinner. drive through McDonalds

• Options
    Popped into Bexhill today to get a couple of bits. Was amazed how many people have had to dash out to the shops as soon as they have reopened. From what I saw social distancing has already been well and truly abandoned. Last week at Lidl it was a sort of one out one in policy with someone on the door to oversee it. Not today. Everyone welcome. Bonkers in my opinion. 
  • Options
    It will be behind closed doors this year i think.

The club i follow in the Lowlands has told us no season tickets for season 2020/2021.....

We have been given an offer to pay money to club so that the club still has some income and then if fans can watch a game we can buy a ticket for a reduced rate.
  • Options
    A small scientific step forward today in the treatment of people with serious reactions to the virus. A treatment that stopped people dying from the virus would be a game changer for the world. Just pray it happens sooner than later so we can all get on with our lives.