Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans back at the Valley in September?

Dr Kish saying we could open our gates again in September but with only 25% of available seats. About 7000 fans.

Not enough for all season ticket holders to go. Should old git’s like me and kids be stopped from going?

What would be fair?

I think away fans should be banned across the leagues should be put in place to stop travel and the spread of the virus and this will provide more seats.

Comments

• Options
    Should be based on long service.
  • Options
    Would that also entail curbs on home fans that live more than a certain mileage from the home venue?

How far does someone have to travel for it to be stopped? Genuine question as see no difference between a home fan travelling in from, say, Cheshire (yes, I'm talking about you, @bobmunro ;) ) than from a single away fan travelling from Stoke.
  • Options
    Should be based on longevity of current season tickets and away fans banned so the Jimmy seed can be used too
  • Options
    Loyalty points over the last couple of seasons
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dr Kish saying we could open our gates again in September but with only 25% of available seats. About 7000 fans.

Not enough for all season ticket holders to go. Should old git’s like me and kids be stopped from going?

What would be fair?

I think away fans should be banned across the leagues should be put in place to stop travel and the spread of the virus and this will provide more seats.
    Some really good questions.  I don't have the answers.  But, I hope the questions are still relevant by September. Because, for them to be relevant questions, three things would have to take place.  First, that Charlton survives until then.  Second, that Charlton are still playing at The Valley next season.  Third, that Charlton sell 7,000 season tickets.  I hope all those happen, but they're not all given right now. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Redrobo said:

What would be fair?

Some really good questions.  I don't have the answers.  But, I hope the questions are still relevant by September. Because, for them to be relevant questions, three things would have to take place.  First, that Charlton survives until then.  Second, that Charlton are still playing at The Valley next season.  Third, that Charlton sell 7,000 season tickets.  I hope all those happen, but they're not all given right now. 
    Forth - We don’t get a second spike ! 
  • Options
    Priority will be:

Museum Honorary Life Members

CARD activists

Fans Forum members

Charlton Life badge owners

Valley Gold

Season ticket holders.

All been signed off by Peter Varney

You missed one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Implement an “I’m not going today” scheme- so that those who are entitled to attend can transfer their place to someone if they can’t attend. 
  • Options
    Sorry but I can't see this happening unless there is a vast majority approach that we simply don't care about a certain number of COVID cases and COVID deaths anymore. I'm not even convinced we'll finish this season. I think most of 20-21 will be played behind closed doors 
  • Options
    Would that also entail curbs on home fans that live more than a certain mileage from the home venue?

How far does someone have to travel for it to be stopped? Genuine question as see no difference between a home fan travelling in from, say, Cheshire (yes, I'm talking about you, @bobmunro ;) ) than from a single away fan travelling from Stoke.
    Would question how people are travelling compared to distance - e.g. Use your own car then its surely fine because your interacting with less people
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Sorry but I can't see this happening unless there is a vast majority approach that we simply don't care about a certain number of COVID cases and COVID deaths anymore. I'm not even convinced we'll finish this season. I think most of 20-21 will be played behind closed doors 
    Got to agree... Until a vaccine materialises I just can't see mass gatherings this side of Xmas... Unless the government decide they can't lock down again and go for Herd immunity. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Priority will be:

CARD activists

Fans Forum members

Valley Gold

Season ticket holders.

You missed one!

Of course Honoury Museum life members such as yourself, and museum trustees, get priority but we don't need to let the riff raff know, they'll only complain.

Did you want lounge or directors box tickets BTW?
  • Options
    if we're relegated there will be no need for social distancing
  • Options
    wouldn't it cost more to run the Valley for a game with 7,000 in it vs the revenue raised? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Would question how people are travelling compared to distance - e.g. Use your own car then its surely fine because your interacting with less people

But the risk of an accident or breakdown is far higher. I would drive but close to a 500 mile round trip - bit like London to Durham!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    wouldn't it cost more to run the Valley for a game with 7,000 in it vs the revenue raised? 
    We'll probably find out soon enough when we start our centenary League season back in Division Three (South).
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

But the risk of an accident or breakdown is far higher. I would drive but close to a 500 mile round trip - bit like London to Durham!
    How is your eyesight these days?
  • Options
    Only fans who went to the checkatrade games last season should be allowed. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We'll probably find out soon enough when we start our centenary League season back in Division Three (South).
    Next season will be 20/21 which will be the centenary of CAFC turning professional and our year in the Southern League.

21/22 will be the centenary of being football league members (not counting when we were expelled in the 1940s) @Briston_Addick
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Rothko said:
    Next season will be 20/21 which will be the centenary of CAFC turning professional and our year in the Southern League.

21/22 will be the centenary of being football league members (not counting when we were expelled in the 1940s) @Briston_Addick
    I never said it was going to be next season we'd be back at that level ...

;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Priority will be:

CARD activists

Fans Forum members

Valley Gold

Season ticket holders.

You missed one!

Of course Honoury Museum life members such as yourself, and museum trustees, get priority but we don't need to let the riff raff know, they'll only complain.

Did you want lounge or directors box tickets BTW?

Lounge I think - most of the riff raff are actually in the directors' box!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

How is your eyesight these days?

Ok since I got a pair of these:

Bug Eye Specs

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Got to agree... Until a vaccine materialises I just can't see mass gatherings this side of Xmas... Unless the government decide they can't lock down again and go for Herd immunity. 
    Those that want to go can go.
    Those who are afraid, stay at home.
    Simple.
    If it's only 25 per cent capacity and social distancing can be maintained, what's the issue?
  • Options

One or two travelling distances from random locations across the country is not going to cause the same issues as general away support. 

Banning away support is a simple and effective way of reducing the risk of transferring the virus from one area to another. Very important when one sees that there are hot spots of COVID 19 in our country and these are likely to spring up consistently going forward. I agree that the less distance traveled by us all is a good thing, and one can but hope that fans from all clubs will take their responsibility to the greater good seriously.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Should be based on longevity of current season tickets and away fans banned so the Jimmy seed can be used too
    Absolutely right, those who supported the Duchatelet regime with their season tickets should be deprioritised. Before anyone dies of apoplexy, I'm only joking :wink:

Seriously though I'd be very surprised there were public games so soon and don't agree that longevity should be a factor in deciding - it encapsulates too many other things, primarily how old you are. It would be fairer to not have season tickets if demand outstrips supply, Instead manage a register so that everyone gets fair dibs.  Would probably never happen though as would mean more work for the club.