Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that the EFL appealed the 19 June suspended points deduction for Macclesfield but are content to sit on their hands when Wednesday's 12 points were deferred until next season. I suspect that the EFL had just had a bellyful of Macclesfield's problems all season and were determined to get them out of the league and, hence, their hair. Note also that the reasons for the Wednesday decision have still not been published.

Farnell's talk of a challenge by Charlton is bullshit. Even if we had the funds and were a properly run club, there is no realistic prospect of overturning the decision, especially as the EFL season starts in just over four weeks.
  • Options
    I would really like to know what the EFL would have done if SW had got promoted. Would they have let them go up and defer the penalty until they get relegated at some point in the future. I’m pretty sure the 12 pt penalty wouldn’t have been applied by the FAPL. 
  • Options
    I would really like to know what the EFL would have done if SW had got promoted. Would they have let them go up and defer the penalty until they get relegated at some point in the future. I’m pretty sure the 12 pt penalty wouldn’t have been applied by the FAPL. 
    When QPR got promoted to The Premier League after transgressing ffp rules the EFL docked them points/ fined them when they got relegated a season or two later.
  • Options
    When QPR got promoted to The Premier League after transgressing ffp rules the EFL docked them points/ fined them when they got relegated a season or two later.
    But weren’t they found guilty after the event, and it was a technical FFP violation which I don’t think carried a points deduction, just a massive fine. 
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday's violation of the rules was well known and when the decision finally came, it merely confirmed what was known. The delay in coming to a decision over a widely known matter of fact is baffling and does require explanation. It looks decidedly dodgy and if it doesn't change our status, it would allow us to sue for lost earnings. Obviously, this would be preferable with decent owners like PV and AB.
  • Options
    But what about Wayne Rooneys Derby?
  • Options
    IDC are worse than EFL! Absolute joke of a decision. 
    Poor massive Sheffield Wednesday, but what about them and their feelings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suppose this means Derby are now a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday, bet the massives will love that
  • Options
    I see Barnsley shut up after the end of the season 
  • Options
    HexHex
    edited August 2020
    So some of the reasons given by the IDC in the SW decision are no longer valid so EFL can appeal on more counts .... except this decision has come a few days too late.  How convenient !
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    I see Barnsley shut up after the end of the season 
    I think they shut up about it as soon as Wigan appealed their points deduction 
  • Options
    For all those hoping that the break is last season due to Covid would bring some kind of change to English football, that hope has gone with today's decision. Just proves that those above are happy to continue with clubs spending beyond there means, ending with more clubs eventually going bust when rich owners get bored and Premier League get there way with PL2. 
  • Options
    A bunch of spineless gutless tossers
  • Options
    Looks like the EFL are appealing the decision not to had any punishment to Derby County!!
  • Options
    They have lost the plot.
  • Options
    Looks like the EFL are appealing the decision not to had any punishment to Derby County!!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54062306

It seems it's the section relating to how Derby value their players is the problem, specifically how they charge their cost to the P&L over the length of the contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never want to hear the word appeal again for as long as I live, Derby's response

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/derby-county-statement-on-efl-appeal
  • Options
    Just had a further update from my MP after an initial request I made of her back in July.

Dear Mr Hxxxxx,

Thank you again for your email about football club ownership. I took your concerns up with the Minister responsible, Nigel Huddleston MP, and have now received a reply.

I hope that the final paragraph of the Minister’s letter will be particularly welcome, and I look forward to hearing more information about the review in due course.

If you do have any further queries about this subject or any other, please do not hesitate to be in touch. Thank you once again for raising this with me.

Best wishes,
    Helen

Helen Whately MP
    Member of Parliament serving Faversham and Mid Kent 
  • Options
    Derby have offloaded quite a few players this window .. making cuts to pay a huge fine perhaps (and NO points deduction ?)
  • Options
    Maybe they're having to pay Rooney's wages instead of a betting company doing it?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Lifted this from the Football forum on Betfair about Derby.

Derby apparently selling Jaydon Bogle and Max Lowe to Sheff United for 12-15m and Bogle is the main signing and should be the most, yet they are switching it round and making Lowe the big money signing so Derby can get out of giving Swindon a big sell on clause for Bogle SadSad any club that does this is utter turd and that would include Forest as well

Swindon were good enough to give you a good up and coming player on the promise of a hefty sell on fee so fooking pay what you agreed with them for god sake

And the worst part about this is that Derby are about to get a decent sell on fee for Will Hughes who is linked with a 15m move to Tottenham, its no wonder every club in the Championship hates the sheep s*gging cants.
    Wouldn’t sheff Utd have to be in agreement with this? Why would they do it as there is no benefit to them
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Derby apparently selling Jaydon Bogle and Max Lowe to Sheff United for 12-15m and Bogle is the main signing and should be the most, yet they are switching it round and making Lowe the big money signing so Derby can get out of giving Swindon a big sell on clause for Bogle SadSad any club that does this is utter turd and that would include Forest as well

Swindon were good enough to give you a good up and coming player on the promise of a hefty sell on fee so fooking pay what you agreed with them for god sake

And the worst part about this is that Derby are about to get a decent sell on fee for Will Hughes who is linked with a 15m move to Tottenham, its no wonder every club in the Championship hates the sheep s*gging cants.
    Wouldn’t sheff Utd have to be in agreement with this? Why would they do it as there is no benefit to them
    if it meant them paying a bit less overall (in effect splitting whatever Swindon was due with Derby), then they might
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I seem to remember something like this happening when Arsenal sold Overmars and Petit to Barcelona - didn’t one of them have a sell on clause, so they adjusted the amounts to reduce it? Might be misremembering though.
  • Options
    It is a scummy thing to do. Big clubs nick players for next to nothing and sell on for a profit. To fiddle a club that desperately needs that money is disgusting.