Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Cheat ? 
    If you want to look at cheats take a look a parachute payments rewarding clubs for failing.
    You have already seen clubs like Leicester Wolves and Bournemouth all use loopholes ( some say cheat) just to get around ffp used to stop owners over spending, however because they sit in the PL they cant be touched.

Lets see how our appeal goes ...source says looking good for it to be overturned.
    Vile cheats of the worst kind. Hilarious you can't admit it. No way you will win an appeal. You did it FFS!
    Hopefully they impose it on the season just ended for frivolous appeal
  • Options
    Cheat ? 
    If you want to look at cheats take a look a parachute payments rewarding clubs for failing.
    You have already seen clubs like Leicester Wolves and Bournemouth all use loopholes ( some say cheat) just to get around ffp used to stop owners over spending, however because they sit in the PL they cant be touched.

Lets see how our appeal goes ...source says looking good for it to be overturned.
    What exactly is this source?

News reports i've seen said you're still waiting for the full written reasons from the panel about the decision, so therefore haven't yet decided if you'll appeal.

Yet you seem to think that not only have you already appealed but it's looking good to be overturned?
  • Options
    I've had a dislike of the pigs since we played them at Hillsborough (the JJ match), their fans behaved disgustingly. I have now developed a strong disliking towards the club as well as the fans. I'd like to see them get thrown out of the league, they deserve nothing less.
  • Options
    @operationpig you make me sick. 

Not only did your club sell its ground to its itself (for an amount not consistent which the valuations) it then decided to put the figures into the preceeding financial year to help"balance the books".

For 1 minute I don't believe you got "agreement" from the EFL to do that. That is why they charged you......that is why there was an independent inquiry....and that is why you got found guilty.

I really do hope your club appeals, so somebody can then do the sensible thing and relegate your club AND give you a 12 point deduction for next season. 

You should be thankful our club is so fucked up that we wont be appealling it ourselves. If we had a proper owner & a proper CEO we would have the EFL for mincemeat

Now fuck off & go annoy some Blades fans. Oh wait.....they are in the Premiership. 
    Not sure why the abuse I've been a long standing respectable poster on this site for years now so dont really get it? my source whom I really cant reveal has informed me it was the main reason KM left our club suddenly therefore maybe she was behind it all and maybe its all her fault why we are in the dock and you have been checked into the bottom ruins of the football league?
    The more I think of it the more I think it could have been one big plan to send you down at our expense FFS !!!

• Options

Not only did your club sell its ground to its itself (for an amount not consistent which the valuations) it then decided to put the figures into the preceeding financial year to help"balance the books".

For 1 minute I don't believe you got "agreement" from the EFL to do that. That is why they charged you......that is why there was an independent inquiry....and that is why you got found guilty.

I really do hope your club appeals, so somebody can then do the sensible thing and relegate your club AND give you a 12 point deduction for next season. 

You should be thankful our club is so fucked up that we wont be appealling it ourselves. If we had a proper owner & a proper CEO we would have the EFL for mincemeat

Now fuck off & go annoy some Blades fans. Oh wait.....they are in the Premiership. 
    We know how Katrien works so can have a stab at that. Cocked up the accounts under her watch, then asked the EFL whether it was legal to sell ground to put right. It is a loophole, but legal so this was probably confirmed, so she interpreted that it could be put back a year even though the company formed to buy the ground didn't exist at the time of the issue. That is why she isn't there anymore. She left much sooner than anybody would imagine. Couldn't sack her as that would be an admission of guilt. 

That is my theory.  
  • Options
    https://www.bobsgammon.co.uk/post/why-sheffield-wednesday-s-points-deduction-should-stand-in-19-20

Tried to put a proper argument to why this punishment is unfit for purpose
  • Options
    Not sure why the abuse I've been a long standing respectable poster on this site for years now so dont really get it? my source whom I really cant reveal has informed me it was the main reason KM left our club suddenly therefore maybe she was behind it all and maybe its all her fault why we are in the dock and you have been checked into the bottom ruins of the football league?
    The more I think of it the more I think it could have been one big plan to send you down at our expense FFS !!!

Don't worry. I guess it's a minority here that think you're a sanctimonious tool... probably about 2%

• Options
    Cheat ? 

It'll be top banter when Chansiri believes his own false valuation of Hillsborough and liquidates you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liquidate did you say?
  • Options
    Liquidate did you say?

Not today. Be wise to stfu if i was you
  • Options
    Liquidate did you say?

God your life must be boring. 
  • Options

I'm no friend of Katrien Meire and couldn't wait to see the back of her, her weird marketing ideas and reliance on flawed statistics, her bloody sofa and her Duchatelet inspired confidence that she could no wrong.

BUT she only arrived at SW in 2018 and, as I understand it, the reporting offences took place in the three seasons ending with 2017-18. Maybe she was active in or at least aware of the irregularities but a harder look perhaps should have been taken at Financial Director John Redgate who was there throughout that period and owner Chansiri of course.

Its still a mystery to me that the individual charges against the three were dropped but the Club were nevertheless found guilty!

Said it before but it wasn't the 'club' which entered the figures into the accounts in order to evade FFP
    but a human being presumably acting as instructed by someone in a senior position.

Of course, a hallmark of Meire's time at Charlton was her ability to assume great responsibility without any accountability if things went wrong - perhaps that 'quality' is what prompted Chansiri to hire her as CEO and which enabled them all to get off the hook when appearing in front of the IDC.
  • Options

"F*** off United, this city is ours".
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53744939

Macclesfield Town have been relegated to the National League after the English Football League won an appeal against a points deduction.
    The decision means a reprieve for Stevenage, who will retain their League Two status.

• Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53744939

Macclesfield Town have been relegated to the National League after the English Football League won an appeal against a points deduction.
    The decision means a reprieve for Stevenage, who will retain their League Two status.

And they cant say about the season ending either. IF the decision was down to the Independent Tribunal  (which I dont believe) then why the difference between them & Sw....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not deduct the points next season? What is the reason?
  • Options
    Hopefully this might re-ignite some media interest in the Wednesday fiasco 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    'But it wasn't us, it was an independent panel decision'. So if it was independent, why could Wednesday select a member of the panel who could have potentially influenced/mitigated the final decision. It is a real shame our club is in such a mess, there seems to be a real case to fight here.
  • Options
    Just proves that decisions like this are made on the size of the club, rather than anything else. Let Wednesday off because of who they are. 
  • Options
    It can't be anything else. 
  • Options
    Just proves that decisions like this are made on the size of the club, rather than anything else. Let Wednesday off because of who they are. 
    Didnt Sheffield Wednesday get charged before the mess started @ Macclesfield as well? - If so the EFL have managed to resolve one club really quickly yet still not resolved the case they opened earlier
  • Options
    Anyone know how our legal challenge is coming along 🤔😲
  • Options
    Didnt Sheffield Wednesday get charged before the mess started @ Macclesfield as well? - If so the EFL have managed to resolve one club really quickly yet still not resolved the case they opened earlier
    I think they did. Don’t believe Macclesfield were charged until March. 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    What a joke. How can the EFL even claim that the decisions being made relating to SW are justified now?!
    The silent IDC have a lot to answer for too.