Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    More bad news for England and Pope as he faces a lengthy absence due to injuring the same shoulder he previously dislocated. Wish him and Roy a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    More bad news for England and Pope as he faces a lengthy absence due to injuring the same shoulder he previously dislocated. Wish him and Roy a speedy recovery.
    Worrying for Pope that an innocuous fall caused another serious injury. Unless he hides in the slips, it's impossible to field in the outfield without throwing yourself around these days
  • Options
    Worrying for Pope that an innocuous fall caused another serious injury. Unless he hides in the slips, it's impossible to field in the outfield without throwing yourself around these days
    He did land on it quite heavily.
  • Options
    He did land on it quite heavily.
    But the sort of fall that players would normally do several times a game
  • Options
    Bairstow c&b 2

3-1
  • Options
    Evening. 
    20/20 v Pakistan just started, Pakistan won toss and field. 
    England 3-1 off 1, Barton & Bairstow opening, Bairstow out in 1st over.
    Malan at number 3.
  • Options
    Rather slow going. It must be difficult for players who haven't played for weeks to suddenly pick it up.

You imagine that if Crawley had been out there he'd have scored a lot more freely as he's spent so much time in the middle
  • Options
    England 62-1 (9).

• Options
    Interesting revelation from Jimmy on TMS that Dom Bess was the sweatiest player, hence he got the ball shining duties!
  • Options
    Interesting revelation from Jimmy on TMS that Dom Bess was the sweatiest player, hence he got the ball shining duties!
    He's no Prince Andrew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Banton has basically ended hales’ england career once and for all with that knock 
  • Options
    Is hales in the squad?
  • Options
    The match was abandoned if anyone gives a $%&£.
  • Options
    Rain in Manchester!  Well i'll go to the bottom of my stairs!
  • Options
    Is hales in the squad?
    Out in the cold, unlikely to be recalled, certainly when Morgan is captain
  • Options
    The match was abandoned if anyone gives a $%&£.
    Weather ok on Saturday when lots of people are at home with nothing to do. Why not put on a game of cricket for them to watch......
  • Options
    Is hales in the squad?
    I think the only thing that could have saved him is the “what if Roy or bairstow get injured?” Question, which has now been answered by banton. Why pick a 31 year old known trouble maker when you’ve got a 21 year old who’s just as destructive at the crease? No brainer
  • Options
    Is hales in the squad?
    I think the only thing that could have saved him is the “what if Roy or bairstow get injured?” Question, which has now been answered by banton. Why pick a 31 year old known trouble maker when you’ve got a 21 year old who’s just as destructive at the crease? No brainer
    5 years ago Hales stood out. Now dominant white ball strikers are everywhere, with young players all learning the trick shots and beefing themselves up to get more power
  • Options
    Weather is looking a lot better for tomorrow at Old Trafford, 2pm start.
  • Options
    Weather is looking a lot better for tomorrow at Old Trafford, 2pm start.
    Apologies it's 14.15 to be precise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is hales in the squad?
    They’d pick Billings over Hales. Plus Buttler can open in T20
  • Options
    England won the toss & bowl.
    The game is on BBC1 as well as Sky Sports.
  • Options
    Chris Jordon with a spot the ball contender.
  • Options
    195 is a good score, but one England can chase

Good that the first BBC game should be a decent contest 
  • Options
    Bairstow looks in the mood 
  • Options
    Am glad more people can see it as on BBC. Bit switched to sky version once I realised (from CL)  it was on both
  • Options
    Morgan is batting superbly.
    (Sorry if he gets out soon).
  • Options
    I've mentioned a few times on CL how my other half gets fed up of how many times an ex Charlton player gets mentioned - when we are watching football. Imagine my delight that Derek Ufton got mentioned on the sky commentary!
  • Options
    Morgan out.
    Standard.
  • Options
    Why is Moeen ahead of Billings in the order?