Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going the whole hog.

13»

Comments

• Options
    For me we should all be able to enjoy our homes and gardens.
    Annakissed to many is extreme , does that make him or his views any less because 99.5% of people don't agree with him.
    We all have our hates.
    Annakissed post on the smell of the barbecue last week was the same time I knocked on my neighbours door and said to my neighbour 
    "Do you have to play your music every day?"
    Most of the time it'd not loud or might only be for an hour,  but there's not a day goes by without them playing it.
    I didn't want to have a word with him and had hoped the previous 2 weekends me playing my music at the same time he played his would do the trick.
    The reason I didn't want to have a word was because,  who am I to tell someone what they can and can't do in their own home.
    But on the other with the spring/summer why have I got to dread the weekends knowing if I open up the big old doors I've got to listen to their music.
    Now with a bit of luck I can enjoy this summer a bit more , rather than think roll on winter.
  • Options

Smoked lamb shoulder over cherry wood.
    3 1/2 hours, then 1 1/2 hr wrapped in foil. 😛
  • Options

Unreal. This is the sort of thing I want to get into. Slow cooking meat on the barbie. Looks bloody lovely.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Unreal. This is the sort of thing I want to get into. Slow cooking meat on the barbie. Looks bloody lovely.
     Brought a kamado, easy to do low & slow, have done a few BBQs on it as well.
  • Options

Beef ribs, done a beer can chicken last night.
  • Options

Brought a kamado, easy to do low & slow, have done a few BBQs on it as well.
    I think I'd prefer lamb or beef

• Options
    Went veggie in January. Every feckin neighbour is having a BBQ lately. I can taste it on the breeze. I'm like a Labrador licking the air whilst watching somebody eat.
    You can turn back you know.......

Meat is lovely.  

I find the smell of heated flesh, fat, grease and sinew quite nauseating. The stench gets in the curtains, clothes on the line, bedding, etc. Same as garden bonfires. It's all about the person doing the thing - whether cooking or burning green 'waste'; the private becomes the public and it's a stinking, antisocial nuisance that many find truly offensive.

You sound like a great cook.
  • Options

Done 1/2 leg of lamb smoked over apple wood.
  • Options

Done 1/2 leg of lamb smoked over apple wood.
    Glad you bumped this.
    Not quite the whole hog, but bought half a pig a couple of weeks ago