Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The First Team - BBC2 Thursday 9.30

On tonight, told some of it was filmed at the Valley.

Comments

• Think they were filming the day Nimer showed up.
  • just seen the Valley scene. Remember seeing them filming the fan interview outside the ground
  • Pretty rubbish though; won’t be watching that again
  • If that's what goes for comedy nowdays then god rest my soul. 

• If that's what goes for comedy nowdays then god rest my soul. 

Full series available now on iplayer  ;)
  • Wowzer, nice to see The Valley again but that was dreadful.
  • Not great but did have a couple of moments that made me laugh. Will give it another try next week 
  • Not great was it, the odd laugh but worth watching just to see The Valley..

Shame Roly got money for the filming though.
  • What an awful programme, will give that a wide berth in future.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know someone who acted in this and said it was very funny so I’ll watch today, maybe he was a bit biased though!
  • It was a good concept - stupid footballers, more money than sense etc. But it wasn’t funny.
  • Think they were filming the day Nimer showed up.
    Crimewatch,possibly.
  • Momentary excitement at the sight of The Valley but the rest was as limp as last week's lettuce.
    Premise is flimsy
    Script is pedestrian at best
    Performances are wooden
    Tamla Kari has inexplicably found something lamer than Cuckoo with which to scupper her own career.  I know she's got previous with the writers but FFS she's much better than this.  Get out woman!  While you still can! 
  • Did anyone else spot Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods?
  • Bloody hell Nimer and Southall have redesigned the west stand / players tunnel
  • It probably looked funnier on paper than it was in execution.
  • If you like the idea of a comedy based on a fictional football club but not the execution of this series, I’d highly recommend The Offensive podcast series instead.

Consistently laugh out loud funny, a fair few posters on here that are fellow The Offensive listeners will agree I’m sure.
  • I saw 5 minutes of it and turned it off just awful 
  • Sponsored links:

• If you like the idea of a comedy based on a fictional football club but not the execution of this series, I’d highly recommend The Offensive podcast series instead.

Consistently laugh out loud funny, a fair few posters on here that are fellow The Offensive listeners will agree I’m sure.
    The Offensive is brilliant.
  • edited May 2020
    Did anyone else spot Jason Williamson of Sleaford Mods?
    Yep. He was the bloke in the Cryo Chamber.

The series itself is utterly turgid. Watched 4 of them hoping it might pick up. Think I smirked once.
  • So, general consensus is that it's shit.

I'll waste my viewing time on something else equally pointless.....thanks for the heads up everyone!
  • Shocking! Lasted 10 minutes of episode 1. 
  • Currently onto episode 3. Quite enjoying it...
  • How does this shit even get on TV?
  • My 15 and 11 years old really enjoyed it, think that is the market it is aimed at
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    My 15 and 11 years old really enjoyed it, think that is the market it is aimed at
    Might well be......but its not Blackadder, Monty Python, Not the Nine o'clock news or any other decent comedy show we watched when we were that age. 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    My 15 and 11 years old really enjoyed it, think that is the market it is aimed at
    Might well be......but its not Blackadder, Monty Python, Not the Nine o'clock news or any other decent comedy show we watched when we were that age. 
    Not forgetting Terry and June of course!
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Not forgetting Terry and June of course!
    Bless this house and Love thy Neighbor

Comedy wasn't all great in the old days