Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kidbrooke

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Good luck canters and welcome to the area! Hope you love it as much as me and my family do!
    Your mum still in the area Craig?
  • Options
    Good luck canters and welcome to the area! Hope you love it as much as me and my family do!
    Yeah, she's still living in the same place. She won't ever move away and I'm only 5 minutes from hers so its perfect really
  • Options
    Yeah, she's still living in the same place. She won't ever move away and I'm only 5 minutes from hers so its perfect really
    Ahh! Bless her. 
    Say hello for me when you see her next.
  • Options
    I got an Instagram advert for Kidbrooke Village yesterday, was pretty astonished that the cheapest 2 bed available was £575k!

I’m sure this has been done to death earlier on this thread, but wow that is a lot. It’s nearly another 50% more expensive than my 2-bed in Charlton which isn’t that far away really. It’s obviously newer, nicer, right by the revamped station etc. but that is a hell of a difference that about 750m makes!
  • Options
    I got an Instagram advert for Kidbrooke Village yesterday, was pretty astonished that the cheapest 2 bed available was £575k!

I’m sure this has been done to death earlier on this thread, but wow that is a lot. It’s nearly another 50% more expensive than my 2-bed in Charlton which isn’t that far away really. It’s obviously newer, nicer, right by the revamped station etc. but that is a hell of a difference that about 750m makes!
    No Wat Tyler either. Tell em to poke it. 
  • Options
    The prices I see on here totally amaze me. I moved away from charlton 25 years ago and the property prices gobsmacked me. I wanted to try and get a handle on things in terms of comparisons. 
    I have a plumbing and heating business. The plumbers I employ are on a basic wages of £36k pa. You can buy a nice starter home here for around £120k 2/3 bed semi. A really nice 4/5 bed with a few acres would be around the 500k mark. My 20 year old has just bought his first house. In terms of income to property prices how does that compare to london and the SE ?
  • Options
    edited March 2021

The pub (bar) on The New Ferrier (I will NEVER call it Kidbrooke Village) is called The Depot. A decent historical link as the whole of the area was until the 1960's an RAF Depot (I assume that's why it's called that) but it would have been quite amusing if they had called it The Wat Tyler. The young professionals living the life on the New Ferrier would have enjoyed, I'm sure, the link to the casual drug dealing and pool cue fights of its predecessor. 

The Depot  Modern pub bar  restaurant in Kidbrooke Village Greenwich
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Canters - don't forget to check this site  - check the street you are interested in.

We did before buying a place, and noticed one potential purchase was on a street with a huge ASB rate - turned out it was a route from a flat roofed pub to the 'hood. ;-)

https://www.police.uk/pu/your-area/metropolitan-police-service/blackheath/?tab=CrimeMap
    Thanks for this and some extremely revealing results. Figures for number of crimes in March:

Bexley 73
    Chislehurst 84
    Sidcup 104
    Eltham 137
    Bexleyheath 195
    Bromley 325

Wouldn't want to live in Bromley. Imagine how bad their figures would have been if we hadn't all been in lockdown for most of the month!
    That'll be all the chavs in Penge :-)
    Penge is treated as a separate entity and had 193 reported crimes in March. But, clearly, Penge does have any number of undesirables that no other area would seriously want. I bet they support Palace and/or Surrey CCC too!
    I've been living in Penge for many years. "Beckenham borders" as the estate agent told us. It's improved no end. Granted there are too many Palace fans about but it's a perfectly decent place to live. It's all my daughter has known and she loves it and her school. We can get to the Valley on one bus (the 54) or from Clock House via Lewisham in no time. Oh and it's easy to get to the Oval to watch Surrey...or a walk to Copers Cope when Kent are there.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The prices I see on here totally amaze me. I moved away from charlton 25 years ago and the property prices gobsmacked me. I wanted to try and get a handle on things in terms of comparisons. 
    I have a plumbing and heating business. The plumbers I employ are on a basic wages of £36k pa. You can buy a nice starter home here for around £120k 2/3 bed semi. A really nice 4/5 bed with a few acres would be around the 500k mark. My 20 year old has just bought his first house. In terms of income to property prices how does that compare to london and the SE ?
    Where do you live?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    North wales just over the border from Chester
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I don’t think you can compare the property markets in the two places, they are so different. London’s probably easier to compare with other major western cities than north Wales. 
  • Options

The pub (bar) on The New Ferrier (I will NEVER call it Kidbrooke Village) is called The Depot. A decent historical link as the whole of the area was until the 1960's an RAF Depot (I assume that's why it's called that) but it would have been quite amusing if they had called it The Wat Tyler. The young professionals living the life on the New Ferrier would have enjoyed, I'm sure, the link to the casual drug dealing and pool cue fights of its predecessor. 

The Depot  Modern pub bar  restaurant in Kidbrooke Village Greenwich
    The Watt Tyler, some place. I went to Thomas Tallis and, when I was in sixth form, we would walk to the Wetherspoons in Lee to drink rather than go into the Watt Tyler. It was a very intimidating place! 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

AndyG said:

Fair play to you mate if you are paying your guys 36k up there.
    I have always said that the standard of living in MANY places outside of London is vastly better than down here.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Well a pimlico plumber heating engineer earns between £75 and £100k per year, and I guess a starter home in the SE is £350-400ish depending where you are so not a million miles out on multiple. That said they are probably the higher end of the earners for that job so it's probably more like 6-7x on average.

The SE has always been the high end of multiple for house purchase. I've known many teachers move out as the salary doesn't drop massively away from London whereas house prices do.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    AndyG said:
    Well a pimlico plumber heating engineer earns between £75 and £100k per year
    That gives a very unrealistic slant of an average  south eastern wage though.