Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer on Talksport very soon

Comments

• Options
    Lee gets better and better in these interviews.

Nothing new really.

Will speak to all players 1-2-1 and face to face about whether they want to play. Didn't want to do it over the phone.

Training from Monday, keen to play the games, pleased he now has a fully fit squad but knows he can force out of contract players to play.

Thinks PPG is unfair.

Wants Leeds to go up.

Has learnt a lot as a manager as had problem after problem to deal with.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    good interview, doesn't agree with any relegation, wants season played out, we now have a full squad, going to speak to all the players tomorrow to get their opinions on playing and asking about those out of contract do they want to play on. Confirmed we are one of the clubs with no or very little money, thinks we will get out of relegation places if the season is allowed to finish. That about sums it up.
    Just to add also accepts that if some players don't want to take the risk of catching the virus (and infecting family) he respects that and those whose contracts are up who call it a day.

He was as positive as always but he hasn't of course got Gallagher but neither has he got a dozen injuries to cope with. Presumably all the loans have gone back to their respective clubs although wasn't Davis from Birmingham about to be released.

If the season continues to a finish it's the only chance we've got (save for points deductions) of avoiding the drop as opposed to PPG being applied.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">💬 Lee Bowyer: &quot;The staff were at the training ground on Thursday, just talking through preparations. It was good just to see the faces again in and around the place. I’m really looking forward to getting back to training.&quot;<br><br>👉 <a href="https://t.co/qMnpY2OF5E">https://t.co/qMnpY2OF5E</a&gt; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafc</a> <a href="https://t.co/yF9akHElZb">pic.twitter.com/yF9akHElZb</a></p>&mdash; Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) <a href="">May 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    Thanks Clive
  • Options
    still reasons to be pessimistic since a few of our players say they have pregnant wifes and such and don't want to risk it.  null and void seems less and less likely for the championship. 
  • Options
    Bowyer spoke much more positively regarding a return to football and completing the season from what I anticipated. A very different approach to his attitude when similarly interviewed last month
  • Options
    clive said:
    For those that missed the interview or want to hear it again,starts at about 2 minutes https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1590123600/1590132600/
     Cheers for that Clive.

See Southalls FIL is having a dig at him again
  • Options
    if we can get playing again then hopefully we can start as we started back in August and have no worries - clean slate etc and everyone fit (whether or not those out of contract / loan play is another thing)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer spoke much more positively regarding a return to football and completing the season from what I anticipated. A very different approach to his attitude when similarly interviewed last month
    He has no choice now its ppg or play the games, he's got players to motivate now. 
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Be good to know what players we'll have at our disposal in terms of those reluctant to play (due to the risk) and those loans that can play

Of course Bowyer has to speak with each player before even he knows the final answer yet imagine we wont actually find out as guess he wont want to give any opponents early information
  • Options
    I only know of George Lapslie girlfriend being with child? So he's out. 
  • Options
    Jason Pearce's wife is pregnant too

Of course they may consider it a risk worth taking - Lapslie is a Charlton fan so imagine its a bit of a dilemma for him - Of course he should put his family first but I wont be surprised in the slightest if he made himself available
  • Options
    clive said:
    For those that missed the interview or want to hear it again,starts at about 2 minutes https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1590123600/1590132600/
     Cheers for that Clive.

Is that in the interview? Can you elaborate @carly burn?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    clive said:
     Cheers for that Clive.

Is that in the interview? Can you elaborate @carly burn?
     No on his twatter.
    Questioning Bows management skills again
  • Options
    Anyone care to update us on the contract situation...?  Who is out of contract come 1st July...?  Also, what is the situation re loan players...?? I wonder if the parent clubs will allow the players to carry on  playing for us or not.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Anyone care to update us on the contract situation...?  Who is out of contract come 1st July...?  Also, what is the situation re loan players...?? I wonder if the parent clubs will allow the players to carry on  playing for us or not.
    Lyle Taylor on Instagram saying that,all players that are out of contract are being spoken to individually & it will be up to them,if they want to extend it till the season finishes,the loan players will talk to their present clubs & parent club & sort there own agreements in same way,apparently football,as in the transfer market is in complete shut down & that all footballers are not at this time in talks with other clubs referring to signing new contracts...as for our list of out of contract players,I can’t help there,sorry...
  • Options
    Jason Pearce's wife is pregnant too

Of course they may consider it a risk worth taking - Lapslie is a Charlton fan so imagine its a bit of a dilemma for him - Of course he should put his family first but I wont be surprised in the slightest if he made himself available
    I'd imagine after lockdown there are a few more now!

With the exception of Lewis Page who got a ground strain the first week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kin ell , he talks more than Karl Robinson, he’s got a regular spot on there 
  • Options
    Bowyer’s really well liked within the football community, it’s just a lot of outside people still judge him on his past actions from 20 years ago. I think he’s probably been told to be more in the public eye/speak to the media to make people change their views of him.

As whenever anyone asks anyone to do with us, what’s he like, they always say completely different to what you might think. Someday he’ll have people change their opinions.
  • Options
    he always comes across well I think, doesn't seem afraid to speak his mind a bit and always seems honest - sort of thing they want on there.
  • Options
    Be interesting what he says about the Taylor saga.
  • Options
    he always comes across well I think, doesn't seem afraid to speak his mind a bit and always seems honest - sort of thing they want on there.
    I’m sure he’s also increasing his profile for the future and he’s absolutely right in doing so.
  • Options
    On very soon
  • Options
    Up next after the break. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    On in a couple of minutes, lets see what he has to say re Taylor/Takeover think it'll be interesting.
  • Options
    Taylor.....is NOT in the training and not coming back