Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer on Talksport very soon

Comments

• Options
    Lee Bowyer was just on 5 Live Sport
    Anything interesting said?
  • Options
    ads said:
    If they scrap the season they should also extend players contract's that was due to expire in June until the next transfer window at least!
    How can you force someone’s contract to be extended without the players consent?
    Don't force them, but offer a contract extension for 6 months or a year, if they want to earn a living they'll sign it, otherwise the majority will be sitting around jobless as most clubs wont be signing players at the moment.
    Taylor won’t be short if offers. How’s it fair if we have to play the remainder of the season without him
  • Options
    If the season was to resume now, thanks to the ownership shambles and rubbish window, I can see us going down anyway. 

Dunno mate we're unbeaten in weeks now.
  • Options

• Options
    I think the only fair route is to cut the season short after the first 6 games and before injuries started affected teams and promote us to the PL.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

The responses on the original tweet by BBC are ridiculous

Pretty much all saying, he is only saying it because he doesn't want relegation, some have mentioned Dyer and the fight(seriously do people just see Lee Bowyers name and have to mention it)
  • Options
    Yes it's crazy to relegate a side with 9 games to play, but to be fair to the cynics, if we were 5th bottom and safe from any PPG calculation, Bowyer wouldn't be on the radio twice today talking about it. He'd be at home thinking that we'd had a bit of a result

What's most painful now is that if that final game had finished 0-0, we'd be 1 point above Boro. If we had beaten Boro, we would have been in 19th place.
  • Options
    Isn't this tweet from Ms Southall's Dad ? 

Very classy.....
  • Options
    Isn't this tweet from Ms Southall's Dad ? 

Very classy.....
    Yeah good spot
  • Options
    seriously do people just see Lee Bowyers bame and have to mention it
    Pretty sure that’s not the demographic he comes under 🤷‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Southalls father in law by the way
  • Options
    As I posted, Ms Southall's Dad....:-)
  • Options
    I dont think they are married.........so no legal connection at all. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    End the 19/20 season now. no winners no relegation.
    Start season 20/21 in August/September and add the points from the 19/20 season when we get to the end of the 20/21 season. 
    What if you have a really good (or bad) goal difference, does that get added too?
  • Options

Pretty much all saying, he is only saying it because he doesn't want relegation, some have mentioned Dyer and the fight(seriously do people just see Lee Bowyers name and have to mention it)
    Come on mate, let’s be honest - what do you think he (indeed we) would be saying if Charlton were a couple of points clear at the top of the table, or a couple of points clear of relegation? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:
    Start season 20/21 in August/September and add the points from the 19/20 season when we get to the end of the 20/21 season. 
    So someone benefits from having beaten Norwich twice this season against someone who lost to Liverpool twice already?

how is that fair ? 
    No solution will be ‘fair’ but my solution is the best, obviously. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:
    So someone benefits from having beaten Norwich twice this season against someone who lost to Liverpool twice already?

how is that fair ? 
    The fair solutions are 

A - Void the season, no promotions or relegations. Award champions & runners up with the relevant trophies/medals - maybe an additional medal for third place?
    B - Play the rest of the season out in BCD fixtures. 

There is no fairer solution than those two. 
  • Options
    Sorry don't do twitter but hope someone tweets back to that prick.
     His son in law or daughters partner thinks he owns 35% of Charlton so he appears to be criticising his daughters partners  business. While we are on the subject, can we have our money back he scammed from us. Oh and fuck off prick! 
    Or words to that effect....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Come on mate, let’s be honest - what do you think he (indeed we) would be saying if Charlton were a couple of points clear at the top of the table, or a couple of points clear of relegation? 
    Maybe so, but if we were in that position I would still be saying PPG was not an appropriate way to finish a season.

The season is supposed to consist of 46 games, if you cant play 46 games for some reason then you void the season.

Football is impossible to predict and you cant make decision based on how you think games would go or on a PPG ratio, I have said it before and will say it again it ruins the integrity of the sport
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:

how is that fair ? 
    Apart from mine you mean ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I listened to the whole interview with Kelly Cates, and LB was definitely on the front foot fighting our cause, which is a smart move in my opinion.

He was pretty bullish about the whole thing and came across pretty well I thought, as he noted that people would think he had an agenda, but felt he should speak out.

Nobody is going to be totally happy with any outcome, but increasingly it looks like this season won't be able to be finished, so it may be best to void the whole thing until football can resume safely.

They are trying to restart the NRL here in Oz, and that is proving extremely logistically difficult for a game that only has eight matches a round, in a country with less than 100 deaths. How on earth you could make it work in an country like the UK with over 45 matches a weekend is beyond me.
  • Options
    How would the table look if they were to calculate each team playing each other once ie where we've played teams twice then remove that result? 23 games in total.
  • Options
    If they scrap the season they should also extend players contract's that was due to expire in June until the next transfer window at least!
    “They” have no power to vary contracts unilaterally, and many clubs would want to release some players anyway.
    I would also say that "they" can not change the rules 3/4 the way through the season. You start a season knowing that after 46 league games the bottom 3 go down & the top 2, plus 1 out of the next 4 go up. No ifs or buts. If you can't finish the season then its null & void. 
    Fairness and playing by its own rules will barely feature on EFL’s priorities on this season 
    Those vacuous whores will do precisely what the biggest sponsors tell them to and they’ll smile and thank them regardless of notions of integrity or anything as inconvenient as player and official health protection 
    that appalling crook who still heads the PFA will be first in the queue to rent the players’ arses to his paymasters too
  • Options
    Void the season.

Charlton night then reach the next two FA cup finals.
  • Options
    How would the table look if they were to calculate each team playing each other once ie where we've played teams twice then remove that result? 23 games in total.
    It's basically the table after 23 games, and we were mid-table.
  • Options
    On the Alan Brazil show at some point this morning.
  • Options
    Due on at 8.30
  • Options
    On now