Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club shop

Comments

• Ordered myself an away shirt yesterday morning and was shocked to see they now charge £7 for delivery.

It didn't give a delivery date, but I assume for that price it'll be here the next working day ( Yeah right).
    I'd want same day delivery for that price, outrageous.
  • The sale that got away. I wanted to buy a mug, not be a mug. Someone needs to take a good look at the shop's postage prices.

• Stig said:
    The sale that got away. I wanted to buy a mug, not be a mug. Someone needs to take a good look at the shop's postage prices.

Think they already have, they've rolled the £5 standard delivery fee for orders under £50 and the £7 standard delivery fee for orders over £50 in to one (also £9.95 for next day delivery). Even worse it's Yodel 
  • Anyone know if the shop will be open tomorrow? 
  • edited April 2021
    Talal said:
    Anyone know if the shop will be open tomorrow? 
    Yes, opens at 9.30 am (at least that's what they said on Valley Pass yesterday)
  • Thanks. 
  • Stig said:
    The sale that got away. I wanted to buy a mug, not be a mug. Someone needs to take a good look at the shop's postage prices.

Im more shocked that's there an 8 quid mug!?
  • I believe they outsource their deliveries to a third party.....so not done at The Valley.
    Prices are a joke.....face mask £5......p&p £5.95!
  • My sister wanted to buy me a birthday present from club shop. 

Placed an order on 21st March, didn’t hear anything regarding confirmation or dispatch... sent two chasing emails and finally got a response last week. Asking if she would like a refund as item was out of stock. 

She of course said yes but hasn’t heard anything since despite chasing emails being sent. 

Does anybody know where/who I can escalate this to? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah postage has put me off ordering from the site 
  • P&P is steep. I am sure they could offer free postage if you spent a certain amount 
  • cafc999 said:
    P&P is steep. I am sure they could offer free postage if you spent a certain amount 
    Also, IF it is Yodel, they kick the package up your driveway and chip it over a fence into your back garden if you're not in...
  • cafc999 said:
    P&P is steep. I am sure they could offer free postage if you spent a certain amount 
    Also, IF it is Yodel, they kick the package up your driveway and chip it over a fence into your back garden if you're not in...
    And if it's the Royal Mail they will sneak up your driveway with the stealth of an assassin with a "sorry you weren't home" card without ever trying to delivery the bloody thing!
  • Seems they are using Yodel, and the stuff is being sent from the company who own the Hummel license in the UK at the moment 
  • I got some heavily discounted stuff delivered yesterday.  The quality has improved under Hummel, the training t-shirts are very nice and they even disguise my belly a bit.
  • Rothko said:
    Seems they are using Yodel, and the stuff is being sent from the company who own the Hummel license in the UK at the moment 
    I ordered the orange keeper shirt in large but was eventually told (after enquiring) that it's out of stock and they only have mediums. Went to the shop today and there's a range of sizes. Apparently website only shows stock for the warehouse. Staff weren't happy with how it's being done at the moment, said they've had a lot of issues. 
  • I agree that the pp is quite steep especially if just ordering a single item. I’m sure that our Fans Director Lucy Bishop will raise this as a fan issue (bless you  :) if its put forward. Does our Lucy use this forum?

• Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:
    Postage is an interesting one.

I think most people would much prefer pay £12 for an item with free P&P than pay £9 for the item with £3 P&P.

Despite the fact you are paying the same thing, it feels like you're paying more for the product, which is what you actually want to be paying for. 

It's a topic that I give far too much thought to, as the head of finance of an e-commerce business!
    I think the problem comes when a home shirt is £50 and the P&P is £5+ 

So long as I am paying a fair price I don't mind, but football shirts have been creeping up in price the last few years. 
  • Was in there today - got a fair few bits in the sale. All the Hummel gear is very cheap. Not sure if they have a new kit manufacturer for next season?  Anyway, much to Mrs otto’s disgust,  I bought the full tracksuit. Looking forward to walking around Tesco pretending to be a player.....
    Under 23 squad I assume.
  • Was in there today - got a fair few bits in the sale. All the Hummel gear is very cheap. Not sure if they have a new kit manufacturer for next season?  Anyway, much to Mrs otto’s disgust,  I bought the full tracksuit. Looking forward to walking around Tesco pretending to be a player.....
    Under 23 squad I assume.
    Absolutely 
  • edited April 2021
    Ordered myself an away shirt yesterday morning and was shocked to see they now charge £7 for delivery.

It didn't give a delivery date, but I assume for that price it'll be here the next working day ( Yeah right).
    You don’t even offer same day delivery when it’s your turn up at the bar.
  • Ordered myself an away shirt yesterday morning and was shocked to see they now charge £7 for delivery.

You don’t even offer same day delivery when it’s your turn up at the bar.
    No harm in that mate.
  • edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Huskaris said:
    Postage is an interesting one.

I think most people would much prefer pay £12 for an item with free P&P than pay £9 for the item with £3 P&P.

Despite the fact you are paying the same thing, it feels like you're paying more for the product, which is what you actually want to be paying for. 

It's a topic that I give far too much thought to, as the head of finance of an e-commerce business!
    I think the problem comes when a home shirt is £50 and the P&P is £5+ 

So long as I am paying a fair price I don't mind, but football shirts have been creeping up in price the last few years. 
    It used to be that a shirt lasted two seasons which clubs worked around by changing the away kit in a different season and having a third kit. That has gone out of the window completely and £50 for something that costs a fraction of that to make is a bit of a rip off.

The argument is that you don't have to buy it, but it is hard when you are a parent and your kid/s want the latest shirt. 
  • cafc999 said:
    How tall is the driver?
  • A couple of years ago I used to order quite a bit from the on-line shop. The flat rate for p&p to Europe was always £10.00 whatever you ordered. I was always pissed off when my parcel arrived and it had a postage stamp on it for £3.75 or similar.

I complained to the shop but never got a satisfactory answer from the shop as to what happened to the other £6.25.

Now what with all the Brexit shenanigans I don’t bother anymore.