Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best TV Theme Tunes

13»

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    (i) 86 World Cup ITV Theme
    (ii) Taxi
    (iii) The Littlest Hobo 

I liked the 78 Argentina one 
  • Options
    I am truly shocked at only one previous mention of Hill Street Blues. This is the ultimate intro into any TV program which nearly everyone over 40 could name within a couple of seconds without having to think about first.

Also the BBC cricket theme from the 70s and 80s - Soul Limbo
  • Options
    I must confess to being a huge Twin Peaks fan, so you might think I'm biased.

Nevertheless, I nominate Twin Peaks. A piece of music as weird and wonderful as the show itself.
  • Options
    The Professionals
    The Sweeney
    Peaky Blinders 
  • Options
    Moonlighting.

Argentina 78 WC.
  • Options
    Cricket theme that used to be on BBC 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Midweek Sportsnight 
    Great memories of mum allowing me to stay up on a school night to watch that night’s European match.

The Sunday Big Match also evokes memories.
  • Options
    Battlestar Galactica, Original 70’s/80’s tune
  • Options
    The theme from CHiPs always got my pulse racing when I was a boy. How I wanted to be Erik Estrada.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    The theme from prisoner cell block h
    always got my pulse racing when I was a boy.

• Options
    The theme from prisoner cell block h
    always got my pulse racing when I was a boy.

Lol very good!
  • Options
    Hill Street Blues
    for those that want some Hill street blues back into their lives its all on All 4 online (unfortunately not on catch up through TV)
    "Lets be careful out there"
    https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hill-street-blues
  • Options
    How are we at page 3 and no 
    Twin peaks? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Ski Sunday 
    or is it Horse of the Year.... Hum one and you think its the other (or at least I do)
  • Options
    Black Beauty
    The Equaliser 
  • Options
    How sad am I that I used to have a CD? Come to think of I think it was a box set!!
    Best on there was the A team 
  • Options
    Hill Street Blues

Good call. I'm currently re-watching this on C4 catch up. I was made for an old school television and as it was shot for US TV it's got a certain graininess that suits the general theme. It's stood up reasonably well for a programme that's 40 years old.
  • Options
    Hawaii 5 O. Great memories of band with five wind guys in a Cowes yacht club. Great to dance to.
  • Options
    Better Call Saul
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On further investigation Mike Post wrote the theme tunes for a number of US TV shows mentioned here - Hill Street Blues, Magnum P.I., NYPD Blue, the A-Team and the Rockford Files plus many others: