Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    Thought the eight PM clap was noticeably quieter tonight. Still a few fireworks and the inventive colander/wooden spoon combo in evidence but this is the first time I’ve noticed a significant decline in participation. 
  • Options
    I crap into a bag and hang it on my rear windscreen wiper.
    Living the dream.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Do people with a dogwalking business have to pick up the poo of five or six other people's dogs?
    If so they deserve high pay like £50 per dog per walk.
    Course they have to pick it up. However, if, like our dogs, they often go in the woods or local fields it is obviously impossible for the walker to pick it all up then. And £50 per walk? Our dog walker charges £10 an hour for one dog, £15 for two. Probably cheaper than most I’d admit.
    My dog walker charged the same.walked the dogs for close on 16 years now. 
    That's a f****** long walk.
    Wondered why I had no money, surprised she’s still asking for extra work tbf. 
  • Options
    I don't know if true, but I've been told there are about 200 drinking outside The Ramblers Rest.
    They didn't say whether the pub was open.

• Options
    Loads more planes in the sky’s over us today, really really noticeable.
    Feel quite sad about it 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Re the busy beaches, there are so many morons around. Second (and subsequent) spikes are certain to happen and will be far worse than we have seen so far as the virus mutates to be more easily transmitted and potentially more deadly.
    The nightingale hospitals werent built for this first peak!

Funny you say about the hospitals being not built for the first peak. 

I've heard the same. Working on the nightingale, we haven't been asked yet to go back and rip it out etc... All quiet on that front 
  • Options
    I don't know if true, but I've been told there are about 200 drinking outside The Ramblers Rest.

Possibly drinking on the grass bank outside, without the boozer being open?
  • Options
    Conflicting stories on the nightingale I know the mechanical fitters on the medial gas side who only done 25% of there agreed work before a halt was put on it.

suppose we will see what happens, a lot have been breaking the rules so they just legalising what many have Been doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not as if ExCel will have any other business for the next few months...
  • Options
    Lots of young people sitting on the grass by the Ramblers Rest, the pub was serving drinks in plastic glasses. They served from the front door. Dont think the toilets were open as boys were using the bushes. Police came but went away
  • Options
    Mosscat said:
    Lots of young people sitting on the grass by the Ramblers Rest, the pub was serving drinks in plastic glasses. They served from the front door. Dont think the toilets were open as boys were using the bushes. Police came but went away
    A lot of "yoof" have been paying lip service to social distancing for weeks, that's the reality.

The younger teens are meeting up in parks and open spaces
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    another caveat is just because the govt say you are allowed to meet up with 6 people you don't have to, if you think it is too high risk - dont do it!. 

people that are going to parks and beaches - please take rubbish home with you, its disgusting the condition that danson park and broadstairs beach have been left in, also the teenagers and the laughing gas canisters littering everywhere. 

this lockdown measures have shown how sheep like and thick quite a few of the british public are. 

really enjoyed the clap for our carers, plus i live opposite a few bungalows and the older folk seem to enjoy it - shame the woman that started it has had to stop it due to fear of it becoming political (although has been a few boo for boris type things this week). 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Mosscat said:
    It's open 4-8 Mon-Fri & 12-8 Sat & Sun.
    Limited drinks menu, served at the front door in plastic glasses & sit outside on grass bank social distancing. Pay by plastic only.
    It sold out yesterday.
  • Options

Grass
  • Options

• Options

Are you part time old bill CE
  • Options
    BBC reporting from River Swale, Monday.
    How can this not lead to a second spike?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact its mostly the younger generation (under 50s) actually plays into the government's hands.

They build up the (potential) immunity by infecting more of the lower risk population while the older generation and the shielding population are sticking to the rules. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I do think people have to take responsibility for their own safety.
    If you are vulnerable, you need to shield in a way that is best for you.
    If you're young & healthy, I can see why you wouldn't be as concerned.
    I'd love to be outside the Ramblers Rest sinking a few pints, but I won't be with crowds like that.
    If you could do it safely, I would consider it.
    If some obese, diabetic, 80 year old chooses to stand there amidst the crowd supping a pint that's up to them, but I think it's a bad choice for them.
  • Options
    The fact its mostly the younger generation (under 50s) actually plays into the government's hands.

They build up the (potential) immunity by infecting more of the lower risk population while the older generation and the shielding population are sticking to the rules. 
    I just wish we stop this, we’ve got then best part of 90% of the population who haven’t had this, and if it’s still 1% mortality, we’re looking at 500k dead still, and they will be across a range of ages.

Has there ever been herd immunity without a vaccine? 
  • Options

From Monday's Bank Hols. The British public demonstrating the common sense that is going to see us through. 
  • Options
    First day of looser restrictions in Scotland. My brother visited me and my Mum in the garden and that was lovely. My Mum stays in a quiet cul-de-sac with a communal garden and most of the elderly folk received a visitor today, everyone observing social distancing. I got home (I stay in a tenement block) and next door are having a party, kids running about everywhere, music blaring, gazebo up and crates of beer. I despair 😩 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The Cummings nonsense has blown it all wide open now - a free for all 
    Yes, every one of them was thinking about DC!
    Wibble.  

• Options
    edited May 2020
    the mass swathes of conspiracy theorists and their believers won't test themselves or use the track and trace system thats coming up. even my mum believes in these nutters because of whatsapp. we can't have a good lockdown like south korea because of culture and human stupidity imo. 50% of americans wouldn't take a vaccine and would probably throw their test kits on the bin. I think everyone hates the government for varying reasons and some of them are crazy and some of them are legit. government is at fault as well as human stupidity.

i don't know what to do.