Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• It will be really interesting if football really resumes in Germany in May, as they'll be the test cast for the rest of Europe. A good article about this on the BBC website, and how they'll try to do it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825

• It will be really interesting if football really resumes in Germany in May, as they'll be the test cast for the rest of Europe. A good article about this on the BBC website, and how they'll try to do it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825

German efficiency will pull this off. The rest of Europe will lack the skills to do it.

look at their superior ability to test and control the virus. The other countries with major leagues, is, Spain, Italy and France have been hit badly. All unlikely to be able to follow the German lead
  • Rob7Lee said:

I want to go to the Valley have a beer and watch us again, but at the moment I can’t see that happening this side of October/November

I think it'll be much longer than that. The very last things to be 'back to normal' will be where there are large crowds in close proximity. Football and other sports, gigs etc, it won't be this year sadly.

@Rob7Lee unfortunately I think you are right, I was trying to be positive and give myself something to look forward to. No football, cricket or pub to look forward to is like a living nightmare. 

The only thing is that with no cricket it’s bound to be a long hot summer. 

• Interesting that the Dutch have decided to void all leagues, which came down to a vote by the clubs with crucially 9 abstaining which made all the difference as the league voted on their behalf. Cambuur who led the 2nd tier aren't happy...

16 clubs voted for promotion and relegation, 9 voted against, and a further 9 left the decision in the hands of KNVB who opted to maintain the status quo.

https://www.todayfm.com/sport/disgrace-dutch-football-cambuur-coach-blasts-promotion-block-1005621
  • where’s that dancing pardew gif when you need it 
  • Dutch league declared void.

I believe they originally intended to finish the season, much like the rest of the European leagues have suggested they plan to do. But the government in The Netherlands have banned all sport until September 1st, which has forced the Eredivise hand.

And that goes for all FAs and Leagues across the continent. They can have all the plans and ideas they like but ultimately they will by following advice from their governments and will be limited by those restrictions.
    Interesting that the Eridivise is supposed to start at the same time as the Football League each season so be interesting to see what they do about month season seeing that Pre-Season wont even begin until September
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

I want to go to the Valley have a beer and watch us again, but at the moment I can’t see that happening this side of October/November

I think it'll be much longer than that. The very last things to be 'back to normal' will be where there are large crowds in close proximity. Football and other sports, gigs etc, it won't be this year sadly.
    So let’s say December then. Just finish this season and play the two cup competitions. Job done.
  • Didn’t Bowyer say in an interview that they believed that it would take 4 weeks to get the players back to playing fitness. I don’t see how they can finish this before end June. 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52423767

Government to set up meeting with leaders of major sports to discuss restarts.....
  • In order to avoid legal ramifications, a vote of all league clubs needs to be taken on the fairest way to end the season without playing any further games.
    Once the vote is obtained, the decision needs to be complied with by all clubs.
    There are many options, but I think the fairest, and probably the most acceptable to the vast majority of clubs, would be to Promote the top two in each league and increase the size of the higher league just for next season, then increase the relegation spots by another two at the end of next season, to bring it back to normal.
    That way the only team to lose out would be the third placed team, but their promotion was far from assured anyway.
    Scrap relegation for this year only.
    this was talked about on sky as the way to go back in march
  • Just promoting the top 2 works fine for the Championship - Leeds and WBA are clear from the teams below them

It's OKish in L1 with Coventry clear and Rotherham just about clear in second - Wycombe have a game in hand but would have to win 19-0 to go above them! L1 is very tight though, so the teams just below Rotherham wouldn't be happy

Is fine in L2, though it might make sense if you promote 3 automatically (which is what normally happens in L2), seeing that L1 is a team short this season anyway; by promoting 2 out of L1 and bringing 3 up from L2, you'd make it an even number again.

Then promoting Barrow from the NL would make L2 an even number of sides again.

As an aside the Championship would be much weaker next season without any relegated clubs from the PL. Replacing Leeds with Rotherham and WBA with Coventry is quite a difference!
  • RedChaser said:
    where’s that dancing pardew gif when you need it 

Here you go Neil, big nosed c**t (not you of course mate) 😉.

Twat, he's a multimillionaire for being shit
  • Rob7Lee said:

So let’s say December then. Just finish this season and play the two cup competitions. Job done.
    Pretty sure this season will be written off. There’s precedent already (Dutch football) and a perfectly good excuse (covid). Making a bodge of finishing this season at the end of the year could easily screw up next season as well. It’d be much easier for the administrators to start planning for next season ASAP, with worrying about somehow squeezing in this season first. 
    And if it means we don’t get relegated, so be it :-)
  • ads said:
    RedChaser said:
    where’s that dancing pardew gif when you need it 

Here you go Neil, big nosed c**t (not you of course mate) 😉.

Twat, he's a multimillionaire for being shit
    I was s******* myself until the Mancs equalised.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Pretty sure this season will be written off. There’s precedent already (Dutch football) and a perfectly good excuse (covid). Making a bodge of finishing this season at the end of the year could easily screw up next season as well. It’d be much easier for the administrators to start planning for next season ASAP, with worrying about somehow squeezing in this season first. 
    I went on a management course a couple of years back and they did some video about people following each other dancing and who was the most influential in the chain of events. It wasn’t the person who started dancing, it was the person who followed him. As soon as the second country declares their season null and void, the rest will follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just promoting the top 2 works fine for the Championship - Leeds and WBA are clear from the teams below them

It's OKish in L1 with Coventry clear and Rotherham just about clear in second - Wycombe have a game in hand but would have to win 19-0 to go above them! L1 is very tight though, so the teams just below Rotherham wouldn't be happy

Is fine in L2, though it might make sense if you promote 3 automatically (which is what normally happens in L2), seeing that L1 is a team short this season anyway; by promoting 2 out of L1 and bringing 3 up from L2, you'd make it an even number again.

As an aside the Championship would be much weaker next season without any relegated clubs from the PL. Replacing Leeds with Rotherham and WBA with Coventry is quite a difference!
    Are you suggesting promotion and relegation on current standings?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I went on a management course a couple of years back and they did some video about people following each other dancing and who was the most influential in the chain of events. It wasn’t the person who started dancing, it was the person who followed him. As soon as the second country declares their season null and void, the rest will follow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
  • edited April 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    Social distancing will be around for a LONG time.  So how can a football match take place?
    Behind closed doors and all players tested
    This could only work if all players, coaches, managers, staff and anyone else needed to play a game were all quarantined away from the rest of society and kept away from them which is just not realistic.
    National sides go to tournaments and stay in camps for a month so the premier league could try to do this with their clubs. Would probably mean clubs and their entire staff having to live at their training grounds (not sure if clubs even have the facilities to do this) for a month and only travelling on the day of games but in theory it's possible. With the kind of money involved at the top level i'm sure they'll try to do everything they can to give it a good go.

Realistically though, i think we all know the season is over.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
    Ha ha that’s the one!

Are you suggesting promotion and relegation on current standings?
    I was commenting on the proposal above just to promote the top 2 in each division, have no relegation and have the PL temporarily larger for one season
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I thought you were talking about Pardew when you mentioned dancing!

Though in this case your theory was correct, as without a second person starting to dance Pardew was on his own...
  • JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I thought you were talking about Pardew when you mentioned dancing!

Though in this case your theory was correct, as without a second person starting to dance Pardew was on his own...
    Agreed 😂
  • So let me get this right.
    There's talk the premiership could return in weeks.
    In the meantime we've still got nearly two weeks left of the lockdown and we don't know there will be an extension to the lockdown.
    We don't know when we will be able to see family and friends, return to work or get back to some sort of reality but football might return in a month.
    If football returns it will then be a free for all.

• I’m convinced that the EFL will do their utmost to get the leagues completed despite the shear stupidity of it.