Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post covid-19 companies to use/boycott

Some companies are changing the products they produce to help the effort, others are being dicks! There will definitely be companies I won’t use again and some that I will now use.

im going to try and use small local businesses rather than national and internal companies. 

Companies I will be using
brew dog - now making hand sanitizer
m&n - making scrubs

boycott
wetherspoons - refusal to pay staff
sports direct - claiming to be offering a key service
Burger King - using the virus as an excuse to withhold money from suppliers

any more for either list?

Comments

• Options
    I'll quickly do this in list form
  • Options
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    I don't think I could bring myself to buy Carlsberg. 
  • Options
    Dyson have talked a great fight, but are yet to deliver a single ventilator.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FSLN1 said:
    Dyson have talked a great fight, but are yet to deliver a single ventilator.
    Have they even got the green light from regulators? 
  • Options
    Britannia Hotels sacked staff and even evicted them from some hotels after the lockdown started. Tescos took a multi-million pound support grant from the government and then paid their shareholder dividend a week later. Virgin Atlantic put their staff on a two month furlough, Richard Branson still owns Mustique. Topshop, owned by the billionaire Philip Green have put their staff on furlough and sacked others.
  • Options
    What is so bad about a clothes store which is not open putting staff on furlough ? 
  • Options
    Hang on, just so I get this right, you can go on the "shit list" just by not paying your suppliers?

So that puts Charlton firmly on the list then. Along with thousands of other businesses. Good luck with that.

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Phew won't have to cancel that new Rolls Royce.
    I suspect that is the Engineering Company that makes airplane engines, etc.  And not the car manufacturer owned by BMW.  So, that cancellation might still be needed. :wink:
  • Options
    Tesco: took x00 million in business rates relief, even though they’re still in business, and promptly paid a dividend of x00 million.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Hang on, just so I get this right, you can go on the "shit list" just by not paying your suppliers?

So that puts Charlton firmly on the list then. Along with thousands of other businesses. Good luck with that.

It depends on value and reason. Burger King owe one supplier £5m and are using the virus as an excuse. They aren’t prepared to negotiate or consider part payment. 

Burger King want to open their establishments near hospitals and want the supplier who they owe £5m to provide them with stock, adding to the debt
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Timpson have been good to their staff. Doesn't surprise me, they do a lot right
    In that case, I glad I keep loosing my life time guarantee watch battery receipt and keep having to buy another.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    iaitch said:
    Phew won't have to cancel that new Rolls Royce.
    I suspect that is the Engineering Company that makes airplane engines, etc.  And not the car manufacturer owned by BMW.  So, that cancellation might still be needed. :wink:
    Shit and I gave the deposit money to Matt Southall to sort the order out.
  • Options
    This’ll be forgotten by most shortly after things get back to normal. Except by a few.

The whole concept is admirable but not workable. Look at the boycott numbers for Charlton and it’s obvious what will happen.