Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Beatles, RIP

13»

Comments

• Anyone saying the Beatles aren’t all that haven’t taken the time to pick up their discography, utterly timeless. That’s before you look into their solo stuff (which George had the most superior of imo). 
  • I'm certainly enjoying the amount of Beatles tunes getting played today, great band 👍
  • Addickted said:
    Thought this was interesting. Sina's view on Ringo's drumming, also love the Avonlea version of Something.  Girl power at its best I'd have thought. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCczct2ZIM
    When asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the World, didn't Lennon respond by saying he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles?
    I think he was misquoted, or it was even made up. I remember hearing recently that he definitely didn't say it.

Neither should he have said it.

Ringo was a pioneer and the unmistakable Beatles sound was in no small measure down to him.
  • I'm certainly enjoying the amount of Beatles tunes getting played today, great band 👍
    Have seen Paul M live a few times and to see him sing Beatles tracks live is very, very special.
    Have seen Paul M live a few times and to see him sing Beatles tracks live is very, very special.

Absolutely. It matters not how well he can sing now, it is the 'in the presence of greatness' that takes over.

All of the fab four are at the very top of the pantheon.
  • bobmunro said:
    Addickted said:
    Thought this was interesting. Sina's view on Ringo's drumming, also love the Avonlea version of Something.  Girl power at its best I'd have thought. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCczct2ZIM
    When asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the World, didn't Lennon respond by saying he wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles?
    I think he was misquoted, or it was even made up. I remember hearing recently that he definitely didn't say it.

Neither should he have said it.

Ringo was a pioneer and the unmistakable Beatles sound was in no small measure down to him.
    He was no John Bonham or Keith Moon. But then to me a drummer is just the bloke that sits at the back & keeps time........unless you are Phil Collins & then you ditch the drums & take centre stage 😁
  • Hard Days Night on BBC 4 now if anyone interested