Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The English Game - Netflix

2»

Comments

• Options
    I enjoyed it, however I'm easily pleased, I've been watching Charlton for years.
  • Options
    I managed to stomach 2 episodes, but not bothered with anymore. Isolation makes people desperate. I'm just thankful I still have to go to work
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’m enjoying it. But just like @guinnessaddick I’m easily pleased.

got the last one to watch tonight. The GKs in the series are terrible, they all remained me of Yohann Thuram
  • Options
    Just finished watching it.
    Loved it. Great casting.
  • Options
    Garbage.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it
  • Options
    What is putting me off is I heard it was written by the same bloke that wrote Downton. I watched a couple of episodes of that and it felt like pulling my teeth out might be more fun. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I’m enjoying it. But just like @guinnessaddick I’m easily pleased.

got the last one to watch tonight. The GKs in the series are terrible, they all remained me of Yohann Thuram
    they really are awful aren't they. I think I only saw 1 save in the whole series
  • Options
    One of the Background lads is a a guy called Mike Delaney, world free style champion and local boy. 
    Coached my boy when he played for Orpington Schools
  • Options

The grave of one of English football's lesser-known pioneers has been restored after a fan watched his story on Netflix series, The English Game.

Jacqueline McAleese contacted Blackburn Rovers after noticing Fergus Suter's final resting place was dilapidated.

Suter is regarded as the first professional footballer, earning a "working wage" at Rovers in 1880.

Ms McAleese said she was "quite upset" after seeing his grave "had fallen over and was "just a mound of grass".

The restoration, funded by Blackburn Rovers, took place on the 135th anniversary of the triumph of Suter's third FA Cup winner's medal, when Rovers beat West Brom 2-0.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-56668983

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damn. Saw the bump and was hoping for news of a second series.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Damn. Saw the bump and was hoping for news of a second series.

One series was more than enough