Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

😷 STUCK AT HOME FILM WATCH 2020 🎬

Comments

• Options
    Good fellas for me I think 
  • Options
    Cloverfield and Outlaw Josey Wales great films
    I saw Josey Wales in somewhere like Sidcup.  It was probably the last proper double bill I saw, the support being a very weird film about the competition between two sheep shearers on a sheep station in the Australian outback to see who was quickest.  Although strange, it was very good.  I've never seen it being shown on the telly so no idea what's it's called.  Anyone?

Sunday Too Far Away?
  • Options
    My favourite film of all time.
  • Options
    Goodfellas ... oh yes, what a film!
  • Options
    Mine too.
  • Options
    Mine too.
    Mine as well
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick keep up the good work. I am going through the last few pages to see what I have missed while working from home and see wha I can catch up on. 
  • Options

GOOD FRIDAY 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.40PM               -             BBC1        -             RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 

9.00PM               -             SONY MOVIES            -           ZODIAC 

10.15PM              -            ITV           -             THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING

10.30AM             -              TCM MOVIES           -          TOWERING INFERNO 

7.15PM               -               SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR        -          GRAVITY 

11.05PM              -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -          CARLITO'S WAY   
    ⭐️Recommended film of the day⭐️

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

7.00PM            -               SKY MUSICALS         -         MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN

• Options
    despite the absence of aliens Gravity was a fine film!
  • Options
    Watched Carlitos Way last week for the first time in about 10 years, fantastic film often overlooked when discussing great gangster movies. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched Carlitos Way last week for the first time in about 10 years, fantastic film often overlooked when discussing great gangster movies. 
    Sean Penn is fantastic in it. Better than Al Pacino and that's saying something.
  • Options
    Carlitos Way is so underrated.

Watched The Theory of Everything last week. Can’t believe how good Eddie Redmayne is in it.
  • Options
    Agree about Carlitos Way ... terrific film 
  • Options
    edited April 2020

GOOD FRIDAY 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.40PM               -             BBC1        -             RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 

10.15PM              -            ITV           -             THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING

10.30AM             -              TCM MOVIES           -          TOWERING INFERNO 

7.15PM               -               SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR        -          GRAVITY 

11.05PM              -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -          CARLITO'S WAY   

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

7.00PM            -               SKY MUSICALS         -         MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN

You missed, On the Buses, feature length film. 
    Absolutely so bad and cringeworthy it’s worth watching in 15 minute bites. 
  • Options
    I saw Josey Wales in somewhere like Sidcup.  It was probably the last proper double bill I saw, the support being a very weird film about the competition between two sheep shearers on a sheep station in the Australian outback to see who was quickest.  Although strange, it was very good.  I've never seen it being shown on the telly so no idea what's it's called.  Anyone?

Sunday Too Far Away?
    Just watched a clip, yes, that’s it. Do you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Aussie New Wave cinema, @Big_Bad_World?
  • Options

GOOD FRIDAY 

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

Confession time . I actually quite like all the On The Buses films. 
  • Options

Sunday Too Far Away?
    Just watched a clip, yes, that’s it. Do you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Aussie New Wave cinema, @Big_Bad_World?
    Nah, just Googled 'Australian Sheep Sheering film' :)
  • Options

GOOD FRIDAY 

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

I have now lost all respect for you.
  • Options
    Sean Penn is fantastic in it. Better than Al Pacino and that's saying something.
    Agreed, it’s up there with his Mystic River performance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    22:00 tonight, Sony Movie Classic + 1: The African Queen.  Humphrey Gokart and Katherine Hepburn in fine form.
  • Options
    Can’t believe nobody is watching Howard the duck. On sky cinema. 

Scrap that. I am watching it and can well believe that nobody is watching it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

GOOD FRIDAY 

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

I think they are a fantastic snapshot of the time. I find it very interesting and I also have to admit, I enjoy the nostalgia of a time when I was a child. I remember watching these with different, less critical and knowing eyes.

As for Mamma Mia  2, you missed the F*ing between we and go.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

SATURDAY 11TH OF APRIL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.45PM           -          FILM 4         -          LOCAL HERO 

11.20PM         -          FILM 4         -          SEXY BEAST  ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

01.05AM         -          FILM 4         -           QUADROPHENIA 

4.40PM           -          SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -         MINORITY REPORT

9.00PM           -           SONY MOVIES           -            INTERSTELLAR

2.05PM & 12.15AM       -        SKY CINEMA DRAMA          -         THE BREAKFAST CLUB

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

12.30AM           -                    SYFY         -                  FIVE HEADED SHARK ATTACK   

• Options
    Sexy Beast has the Van Morrison of acting, Ben Kingsley, at his very best. Awesome performance in a great cast.
  • Options
    A few goodies there. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Sexy Beast has the Van Morrison of acting, Ben Kingsley, at his very best. Awesome performance in a great cast.
    Definitely, his performance is so menacing. 
  • Options

GOOD FRIDAY 

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

I think they are a fantastic snapshot of the time. I find it very interesting and I also have to admit, I enjoy the nostalgia of a time when I was a child. I remember watching these with different, less critical and knowing eyes.

As for Mamma Mia  2, you missed the F*ing between we and go.
    I hated OTB at the time but not nearly as much as that appalling “comedy” with the black couple living next door to the white couple, Love Thy Neighbour. 
  • Options
    Interstellar film of the day for me. Cracking film.
  • Options

SATURDAY 11TH OF APRIL

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.45PM           -          FILM 4         -          LOCAL HERO 

11.20PM         -          FILM 4         -          SEXY BEAST  ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

01.05AM         -          FILM 4         -           QUADROPHENIA 

4.40PM           -          SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -         MINORITY REPORT

9.00PM           -           SONY MOVIES           -            INTERSTELLAR

2.05PM & 12.15AM       -        SKY CINEMA DRAMA          -         THE BREAKFAST CLUB

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

12.30AM           -                    SYFY         -                  FIVE HEADED SHARK ATTACK   

Quality apart from the one to avoid. I wonder if that was the fifth in a series after Shark Attack, Two Headed..., etc.