Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

😷 STUCK AT HOME FILM WATCH 2020 🎬

Comments

• Sorry to go slightly off topic, but didn’t want to start a new thread. 

The Gentleman is only £3.50 on google play for 48 hour rent. You can then watch on YouTube on Xbox or TV app. Thought that was very reasonable and I really enjoyed it.
    Cracking film . Hugh Grant is brilliant in it and I’d never thought I’d ever say that about him .
    My thoughts exactly. Not a fan of the bloke but superb performance. Really enjoyed it, even second time today 
  • edited March 2020

MONDAY 30TH OF MARCH

—————————————————————

9.00PM         -        SONY MOVIES.       -        TRUE ROMANCE 

11.00PM      -       5STAR         -         THE LOST BOYS 

01.20AM        -         SONY MOVIES      -      A SINGLE MAN 

5.25PM          -          SKY CINEMA SUPERHERO      -      THE DARK KNIGHT 

6.20PM          -          SKY CINEMA DISNEY    -      UP      
    ⭐️Recommended film of the day⭐️

9.00PM          -           SKY CINEMA THRILLER.      -       BLOOD DIAMOND 

🦃 FILM TO AVOID  🦃

9.35PM          -             SKY CINEMA FAMILY                 -          LOOK WHOS TALKING

• Now that is controversial....
  • Fumbluff said:
    Now that is controversial....
    Film of the day choice? 

That is tough though, absolutely love both dark knight and true romance. 
  • A Single Man is one of the most self indulgent films I’ve ever seen. 
  • Ah I'm going to have to rewatch the Lost Boys purely for the teen nostalgia value.
  • Watched Up last night weirdly.

Forgot how emotional it was!
  • I watched Toy Story 4 the other day, all choked up when the doll got rejected.
  • Some brilliant films there
  • Hugh Grant can act when he is allowed to. I think his performance as Jeremy Thorpe, and in the film about Florence Foster Jenkins, and in 'An awfully big adventure' are all pretty good, or maybe it is simply the surprise of seeing Hugh Grant not being a slight variable of himself that draws admiration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Up is a superb film.  Like Grave of The Fireflies, it being animation is completely irrelevant.
  • Although I would say with Up - didn't need the talking dogs.
  • iaitch said:
    I watched Toy Story 4 the other day, all choked up when the doll got rejected.
    Very nice scene. Nice complex villain, too. More nuance than most 'grown-up' dramas.
  • Gonna be controversial here, didn't think it was as good as TS 1,2,3. All about opinions! 😀
  • Gonna be controversial here, didn't think it was as good as TS 1,2,3. All about opinions! 😀
    It wasn't.

Which isn't to say it wasn't good, just that it didn't quite live up to the exceptional standards of the first three.
    Toy Story 3 is the best of the lot. 
    Toy Story 3 is the best of the lot. 
    Yup agree with that, great film.
  • I maybe agree, but TS1 really changed the game. And Sid's bedroom is genuinely a great horror scene. Actaully the dummies in 4 were pretty grim, and the incinerator of 3... Is there a case to be made that Toy Story is a horror series?
  • Toy Story no different to the Saw franchise then?
  • That Jigsaw was as cute as Forky.
  • Sponsored links:

• TUESDAY 31ST OF MARCH

-------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM         -            ITV 4          -             FIRST BLOOD

9.00PM         -            COMEDY CENTRAL     -       THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN 

10.00PM           -         TALKING PICTURES          -         BILLY LIAR

5.30PM           -            SKY CINEMA DRAMA       -          BURNING    

8.00PM           -             SKY CINEMA DISNEY      -          INSIDE OUT

9.00PM            -            SKY CINEMA HITS           -           HOTEL MUMBAI

🦃 FILM TO AVOID  🦃

1.45PM             -             SKY CINEMA STAR WARS     -        STAR WARS EPISODE 1 - THE PHANTOM MENACE

• Is that the Korean film 'Burning'? If so, very good.
  • Is that the Korean film 'Burning'? If so, very good.
    That’s the one . 
  • edited March 2020
    se9addick said:
    A Single Man is one of the most self indulgent films I’ve ever seen. 
    I agree to some degree. Style over substance. But the soundtrack has some of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. 

Tom Ford's film after that, Nocturnal Animals, is much better and well worth a watch. (And Amy Adams is gorgeous in it😍)
  • So pleased to see Burning included as recommended film of the day

• WEDNESDAY 1ST OF APRIL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM             -            FILM 4            -            DODGEBALL

10.50PM            -            FILM 4         -        13 HOURS : THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI 

2.10AM              -              BBC4         -           GEORGE BEST : ALL BY HIMSELF 

3.10PM              -              SKY CINEMA MUSICALS        -       SINGING IN THE RAIN

10.45PM             -              SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -       SE7EN    

3.10AM              -              SKY CINEMA  HITS        -     LEAVE NO TRACE 

🦃 FILM TO AVOID  🦃

2.30PM                    -          SKY CINEMA HITS        -          HOLMES & WATSON

• Loving this thread
  • Loving this thread
    Cheers . I’m hoping it won’t be open for too long though ! 
  • Loving this thread
    Cheers . I’m hoping it won’t be open for too long though ! 
    Definitely glad it’s here for the moment 
  • Love Dodegball, watched it with my son fairly recently and still funny.

se7en though I remember seeing at the cinema and nearly breaking my car accelerating at speed over a canal bridge with my friends in the back. It was really effective and affecting. Great film.