Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What will ESI do if we're relegated?

I might as well ask the question that has been on my mind in recent weeks. Will they invest in the club or disappear at high speed?

This is a big concern.....

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t Matt Southall say they’ve got plans for both outcomes, or have I made that up? 
  • Options
    1) We won't go down I'm still sure of it. 
    2) IF we did then I reckon they will still have the full backing of Bowyer, Jacko and Co and spend some money and we will storm back as champions but that won't be happening because number 1 ^^ is 👍
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    i honestly think that if we are relegated they wont buy the ground and training ground and that will be us fucked.

happy friday all
    Could only happen at Charlton! 
  • Options
    as I have said on here before, they will be gone gone gone and gone and don't expect massive investment when we stay up
  • Options
    as I have said on here before, they will be gone gone gone and gone and don't expect massive investment when we stay up
    I've never expected big investment but am concerned what happens if they go? Do we get RD back or......
  • Options
    I've never expected big investment but am concerned what happens if they go? Do we get RD back or......
    why would he take us back?

he's rid of us and either gets his big payday in the summer when he offloads the ground and training ground OR he is rid of us and owns some prime real estate in SE london 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t Matt Southall say they’ve got plans for both outcomes, or have I made that up? 
    I am sure MS mentioned a plan if we get relegated, it was this comment that first raised my concerns because it told me they would not invest in the Jan transfer window to beat the drop and sadly that is what happened. My only concern now is they must have negotiated with Roland to buy a Championship club, with a balance of over £40m due how does that pan out if we are a League 1 club?
  • Options

ESI did say something along the lines of relegation wouldn't be a disaster and companies in the Middle East would still be interested in investing whether that be sponsorship or whatever. My take is that if we are relegated then :

a) they walk and we are left with RD and the nightmare continues

b) they stay but the playing side is still underfunded as now and RD still owns The Valley and Sparrows Lane

c) they stay and invest heavily in the playing side but RD still owns The Valley and Sparrows Lane

d) as c) plus they buy the freehold of The Valley and Sparrows Lane

• Options
    I think that at present, we have to believe ESI and their plans. The proof will be in the pudding though come the summer.  If they do not buy the ground/SL as stated then we should be worried. They will still own the club, until they sell to someone else (not necessarily RD, unless by default), then it will be up to those new owners to negotiate with RD about the assets. This stays the same whether in the Championship or League One.

We have to believe that ESI can get the backing they desire from Abu Dhabi in the summer and provide us with a promotion winning team next season. We have to have hope, as, with RD, there was previously none...
  • Options

ESI did say something along the lines of relegation wouldn't be a disaster and companies in the Middle East would still be interested in investing whether that be sponsorship or whatever. My take is that if we are relegated then :

b) they stay but the playing side is still underfunded as now and RD still owns The Valley and Sparrows Lane

c) they stay and invest heavily in the playing side but RD still owns The Valley and Sparrows Lane

nicely covered 'all the bases' there ((:>)
  • Options

There is of course an f) ESI walk, the Belgian sits on his hands doing nothing as he owns two pieces of land & CAFC are wound up.

• Options

There is of course an f) ESI walk, the Belgian sits on his hands doing nothing as he owns two pieces of land & CAFC are wound up.

Not too keen on this one...
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Not too keen on this one...
    Haha me neither
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think they would have invested in the first place if their plan was to drop us like a hot potato at the first sign of trouble

I'd expect the price they eventually pay RD will depend on what division we are in and I'd still expect them to buy the ground and training ground but that price may vary a bit as a result of relegation

Bouncing back first time round will be the mantra, but we know from experience this isn't easy so managing that expectation within the boardroom and with fans will be a key factor.

Most of the coaching staff have signed long term deals so I expect they will stay, but if we are not in the top 6 come the end of October pressure will be high and it won't be a cakewalk with holes to fill in defence (Sarr, Marshall), Midfield (pretty much everyone) and up front (Taylor & Hemed)

I'd expect a top 6 wage budget and some money to spend, but we will have pressure from players and agents to sell (e.g. Bonne & Phillips) which will make a difficult job worse

Efforts to engage with fans, fill the ground on a matchday, maximise commercial income will continue as this will form a higher proportion of income.  How successful this is will depend a lot on how we navigate the change in personnel and how we fair in August and September 

• Options
    FFS.
    If ESI walk there would be plenty of buyers willing to take Charlton on for £1.
  • Options
    The guy from Newshopper asked Southall this at the very first News conference.

He danced around it a bit and said he thought that under Bowyer he honestly didn't think we will get relegated.
    Make of that what you will.

Personally think we will be in a pretty shitty hole. The ESI remit seems to be that once the club starts increasing revenue they'll start spending. 

:-(
  • Options
    I don't think they would have invested in the first place if their plan was to drop us like a hot potato at the first sign of trouble

I'd expect the price they eventually pay RD will depend on what division we are in and I'd still expect them to buy the ground and training ground but that price may vary a bit as a result of relegation

Bouncing back first time round will be the mantra, but we know from experience this isn't easy so managing that expectation within the boardroom and with fans will be a key factor.

Most of the coaching staff have signed long term deals so I expect they will stay, but if we are not in the top 6 come the end of October pressure will be high and it won't be a cakewalk with holes to fill in defence (Sarr, Marshall), Midfield (pretty much everyone) and up front (Taylor & Hemed)

I'd expect a top 6 wage budget and some money to spend, but we will have pressure from players and agents to sell (e.g. Bonne & Phillips) which will make a difficult job worse

Efforts to engage with fans, fill the ground on a matchday, maximise commercial income will continue as this will form a higher proportion of income.  How successful this is will depend a lot on how we navigate the change in personnel and how we fair in August and September 

What did they invest? 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What did they invest? 

An unused super deal phone. 
    & 50p & a lb of grapes....
  • Options
    edited March 2020

What happened to e)..........?

I'll go with a variation of f).....but instead of  being wound up RD does a deal with Millwall & we ground share with them at the Valley, leading to a merger of the 2 clubs by 2025.....called Milton FC.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What did they invest? 
    Tweets
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What did they invest? 
    More data storage on Matt Southall's Instagram account