Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fried Bread

Comments

• Occasionally have mushrooms on fried bread. Lovely. 
  • Fried bread puts hair on your bollocks,
    look...

• Fried bread must be done in a deep fryer.
    Absolutely delicious with baked beans and piece of bacon!
  • Dirty buggers, no time for fried bread at all. Is there a French Toast thread...
  • edited March 2020
    Every Saturday morning the Cafe at Blendon opposite Halfords.  The fried bread there is Michelin starred. 

Only two toppings allowed, Tin Toms or Fried Egg.
  • Love fried bread, but not had it for ages for health reasons

Either deep fried, or in the frying pan, it's gorgeous
  • Deep fried?  Are you scots?

Fried bread is born in the pan you fried the bacon in. That’s all it needs. 
    Apart from the racial stereotyping, I couldn’t agree more.

fried slice is meant to soak up all the tasty goodness from the pan not just be a oily slice of toast
  • My late Father in law used to cut a hole in his bread, put it in the frying pan and crack an egg into the hole.  He called it Egyptian eyeball.  I think it was something he learned whilst serving under Montgomery.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Love fried bread.  Then again I am such an unhealthy eater it’s not surprising. 
  • edited March 2020
    I love fried bread with a fried egg on it and a dash of ketchup but haven't had it in a long time. If given the choice, I always now decline for the sake of my heart.
  • Not for years and years. Until last week, oddly enough. I cooked myself a full fry up in the absence of Mrs AA, so I thought I'd treat myself. It will be a long time until I do again (for health reasons - it was delicious). 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    As someone with a wheat intolerance I find these threads offensive and must demand they stop immediately. 
    You can have fried bread too, it’s just it will be disgusting. Mate of mine is celiac, says bread and pasta are the two only things he hasn’t been able to adequately replace. 
  • Even reading the words makes me queasy. Made to eat it in childhood, but never since then.
  • One of life's truly remarkable food-stuffs.

Can only be enhanced by having a couple of roundels of black pudding on it, topped with a runny fried egg.

• So you know how everything tastes better when it's fried?

Yeah, that
  • Been a couple of years, but I do love a fried slice. Reserved for those extra special hangover that require the Fullest English Breakfast.
  • I hate fried bread - too greasy.
  • One of life's truly remarkable food-stuffs.

Can only be enhanced by having a couple of roundels of black pudding on it, topped with a runny fried egg.

Underused word. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
    Uboat said:

One of life's truly remarkable food-stuffs.

Underused word. 
    Especially by Millwall fans, cannot imagine many know what it means. Bravo Big Bad World
  • Vincenzo said:
    Been a couple of years, but I do love a fried slice. Reserved for those extra special hangover that require the Fullest English Breakfast.
    Spoken like a true giant of a man. As you say agreat hangover cure.
  • It's all eggs bacon and beans...and a fried slice, as a wise man once said!

Horrible stuff. Used to go in a cafe in euston before northern away days and it came as standard with your fry. Always took a bite, then immediately regretted it. Urghhh....
  • My late Father in law used to cut a hole in his bread, put it in the frying pan and crack an egg into the hole.  He called it Egyptian eyeball.  I think it was something he learned whilst serving under Montgomery.  
    I heard this one before but could never understand quite why you would do it. Might give it a go and see.
  • Probably largely responsible for the reputation British food has had internationally.
  • just had two fried slices. along with a couple of fried eggs and a portion of baked beans. delicious but i do feel a bit shaky now. 
  • Essential food for all committed vegans. 
  • Egg and bacon sarnie using fried bread is immense for a hangover though I suspect not great for the arteries
  • PopIcon said:
    Didn't think this was still eaten, it's what I would describe as war food. Along with faggots, pease pudding, dripping and liver.
    Well, if you believe all the hyperbole in the media we are at 'war' now.
  • Every Saturday morning the Cafe at Blendon opposite Halfords.  The fried bread there is Michelin starred. 

Only two toppings allowed, Tin Toms or Fried Egg.
    Having lived in SE London practically all my life I have never heard of Blendon......looked it up and yes, there it is......I am truly astounded, you learn something every day. 😮