Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toast

Comments

• Options
    And toast has to be accompanied by a good mug of tea.
  • Options
    Toasted sandwich of Ham and Mascarpone cheese.......Mmmmm Yummy! 😋 
  • Options
    poached eggs
  • Options
    I nearly forgot: cheese on toast with Worcestershire sauce.  

Amazing.

Cheese with chilli in makes great cheese on toast too.
  • Options
    Don't people champion a full English breakfast anymore? Is it not PC or somethin?
  • Options
    You just can’t beat beans on toast, just make sure you open the windows afterwards.
    Is that so you can throw the disgusting mess on your plate out the window for the foxes to eat?

(Only joking, I love a bit of beans on toast.)
  • Options
    Cawley doesn't mention whether he likes his crumpets toasted or not

Seeing as untoasted crumpets are what I imagine eating a wet sponge would be like, I think we can take it as read that they're toasted.

I have to agree with Cawley on how good Marmite on buttered crumpets are.  The only issue is if you don't lick off all the Marmite and butter and your bit of crumpet objects to having to shower to get the rest off her.
  • Options
    Used to love sandwiches out of these when I was a kid -

Remember - 
    Ham and Cheese
    Ham and Tomato
    Cheese and Onion
    Sure beans got thrown in at some point
    Banana and Strawberry jam
    That’s not toast though is it. Toast is bread on it’s own, then grilled on both sides, then add fillings if you want a sandwich made from toasted bread.
    Mind you I do like a Brevilled sandwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love a bit of Nutella on toast.

Yes, I am an adult.
  • Options
    3 slices of toast, one with flora and marmalade, the other two make a sandwich one with extra crunchy peanut butter the other with raspberry jam, job done.
  • Options

Yes, I am an adult.
    Used to love Nutella, but I built a crepe trailer and hired it out at posh weddings in a chateau our friends owned for 3 seasons, and after turning out thousands of Nutella crepes, I can't even bear to look at a jar of it
  • Options
    What do people have with toast then?
    Anything but marmite or beans, both disgusting and should not be allowed anywhere near toast! 
  • Options

Yes, I am an adult.
    Used to love Nutella, but I built a crepe trailer and hired it out at posh weddings in a chateau our friends owned for 3 seasons, and after turning out thousands of Nutella crepes, I can't even bear to look at a jar of it
    I thought I'd get like that with tits, but no, no matter how many I see, I still want to see more.
    Tbh, I think it's more the bad memories that is associated with it
  • Options

Lemon curd on toast for a sweet craving. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

• Options
    Grilled sardines on toast
  • Options
    Top 5 

Melted cheese, (Gruyère preferably) caramelised onion chutney on top 

Smashed avocado, crispy bacon, poached egg and chimichurri sauce

Peanut butter and blueberry jam

Lemon and lime marmalade/lemon curd

Lurpak and semi set honey (when it's thicker than normal and cloudy)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, I am an adult.
    I thought I'd get like that with tits, but no, no matter how many I see, I still want to see more.
    But there are only so many different ones.
  • Options
    Which reminds me of a joke.

"Yes, madam, you did here correctly.  Our presenter did indeed say 'Tits like coconuts'.  If you hadn't switched off your radio quite so quickly, you would have then heard him say 'and blackbirds like worms'".
  • Options
    Yeah - love toast! Sardine Pate is the weapon of choice in Portugal.   
  • Options
    Toast, with a side of eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, bubble and squeak, grilled tomato, black pudding and a cup of tea.  
  • Options
    Bread, cover with olive oil, bit of sea salt, course ground black pepper & oregano. Stick under grill & plenty of butter on the plain side. Fucking delicious.

Sometimes add the smashed avocado, mix in second helping of all the above apart from oregano but plenty of lemon juice.

Mmm feel a trip to the supermarket coming on.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sliced bread in plastic or waxed paper is the work of the devil. A necessary evil I’ll admit but life is too short for shit bread. 
  • Options
    Cawley doesn't mention whether he likes his crumpets toasted or not

Confirmation that CL is his main source. 
  • Options
    You just can’t beat beans on toast, just make sure you open the windows afterwards.
    you can, tinned baked beans are absolutely disgusting.

i cant even eat a breakfast if they are on the plate, they make me fell sick.  
  • Options
    Brown for first course, white for pudding. Brown's savoury, white's the treat. Course I'm the one who's laughing because I actually love brown toast.
  • Options
    you can, tinned baked beans are absolutely disgusting.

i cant even eat a breakfast if they are on the plate, they make me fell sick.  

Love beans on toast but not anywhere near a cooked breakfast.