Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pancake Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    This was my effort (yes I ate the lot) 
    Surely they’re not real Pancakes?
    In what sense?  :D They're protein pancakes but very much made by me. The picture makes them look huge but each one was about the size of a CD (i'm a chubby funster so polishing them off was child's play)
  • Options
    In what sense?  :D They're protein pancakes but very much made by me. The picture makes them look huge but each one was about the size of a CD (i'm a chubby funster so polishing them off was child's play)
    Well you know how it is with Americans, always needing to do things differently and American Pancakes, which yours look like, are different to English, not sure if ingredients are different, are they?

So, thinking solely English, do the American version count?

• Options
    hells bells!!!  Shrove tuesday was yesterday? Fucking bollox.

Gonna make a few at the weekend, but tradition for me is sugar, lemon, served on a tuesday after work.
  • Options
    We had dinner at my daughters last night and as she was cooking pancakes for the 3 x boys it would have been rude not to partake.

2 x very large pancakes, one with lemon & sugar and the other with a good coating of maple syrup.

Now heading over to the "Let's get stoned" thread.
  • Options
    3 small ones with lemon juice and canderel 

Make that 6 (my wife made a second batch)
  • Options
    Well you know how it is with Americans, always needing to do things differently and American Pancakes, which yours look like, are different to English, not sure if ingredients are different, are they?

So, thinking solely English, do the American version count?

American pancakes tend to have baking powder in them to make them rise and go fluffier, and quite often sugar straight into the mix. I personally prefer the the crepe style myself but the protein pancake mix (50g blended oats, 1 banana, 1 scoop of protein powder, 50g fat free yoghurt, 20g peanut butter, 2 eggs) doesn't really make crepes as its too thick 
  • Options
    Your pancakes look fantastic Pelling.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Your pancakes look fantastic Pelling.

They do, got any left?