Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Luton Sat 22 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Amazing win and thoroughly deserved. Gives us a tiny bit of breathing space. Still a lot of work to do but the players responded magnificently. Fans were incredible second half when the boys needed you most. #COYR #cafc

Don't tell lancashire lad ;)
  • Options
    Great result! Buzzing geez
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Charlton boss Lee Bowyer reckons more sides will get dragged into relegation fight

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1020915980?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:
    Some very silly marks for Oshilaja emerging in the marks thread.

He was there to do a job in the face of a serious head wind and gave us great physicality there, just what we needed with the ball bouncing all over the place and in the air. 
    I agree. I thought he played alright. People fail to see what he brings. I thought he played better today than both Sarr and Lockyer who I thought had weak games as central defenders. 
    Brought some crucial energy and aggression in the early stages in particular - a time we have proved to be vulnerable due to the lack of those characteristics

I don't think he played any worse than half a dozen of his teammates first half 
  • Options
    What Blucher said :smile:
  • Options
    Just in as I had a few beers with my old army mates afterwards, brilliant day! 

What a great substitution today, Oshilaja for some reason was just not on it and the midfield was getting overrun by Lutons diamond, Georgie Lapslie really upped the energy, Lyle Taylor did what he does best and in the end we were more than worthy winners, a massive 3 points.

Great stuff and onto Yorkshire for back to back games, COYA! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched on the stream. 
    Echo most on here about the game, much better second half. 
    Lyles 1st was mustard! We have to sign him up. Oz played some lovely  balls but I felt he also played a few under hit short passes that Luton got hold of. Still a great display. 
    Young George did change the game. 
    Great respect shown for the young Luton lad at the 8th minute, we are a classy club. 
    I feel we can kick on a bit from here, next few games are winnable. 

• Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2020
    Rob said:
    Some very silly marks for Oshilaja emerging in the marks thread.

He was there to do a job in the face of a serious head wind and gave us great physicality there, just what we needed with the ball bouncing all over the place and in the air. 
    I agree. I thought he played alright. People fail to see what he brings. I thought he played better today than both Sarr and Lockyer who I thought had weak games as central defenders. 
    I know you said play Oshilaja in the preview but being at the Valley today, there is no way he played better than Sarr.
    Looking at the old score board confirms 98%. agree with me.
    Sarr was immense again.

That's alright mate. I just saw it a bit differently. I really do think that both Sarr and Lockyer had weak games as CBs, especially Lockyer.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Whilst they are obviously different players, you can see how Oztumer takes on a similar role to Williams and can be equally effective in that role.
  • Options
    Too drunk, tired and emotional to post last night.

Great result but let's be honest, we were awful in the first half with a mega defensive set up and still should have been 2.1 down to the bottom club in the division.  Only Lyle and Ozzie looked to have any quality and our defending was abject. 

I have to concede LB is a genius and I am an idiot because it seemed obvious to me that we urgently needed someone who could hold and pass the ball not a high energy harrier like Lapslie.  But he transformed the performance. 

Please Mr Southall sign up Lyle and a defence in the summer. 

• Options
    Deji was awful in possession. Difficult conditions yes but the game changed when he came off. 
  • Options
    The result was absolutely everything so any other comments are incidental. I enjoyed the match. More so than the last two or three. To be frank, it was league 1 quality but watchable and entertaining.  We were slightly more offensively minded than in previous games but with players not really looking comfortable in their positions. Second half was better and we deserved the win. Hats off to young George who I don’t rate but came in and did the business. Fair play young man. Taylor was immense. A one man pantomime.  Just break the bank and sign the guy. We are now looking at the teams above us.  We keep winning but can’t seem to really break away but with Hull and Boro dropping like stones we should be looking upwards rather than down. Luton are rubbish. Think it is them and two from six or seven to go down.