Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie Doughty extends contract to 2021

13»

Comments

• Options
    Its a shame we don't have a right winger so we could play Alfie in a 433 higher up the pitch!
  • Options

great he's been offered a new deal, very exciting prospect, not sure he'll sign one though.

Who is offering these contracts? ESI Mark 2 have not got EFL approval yet.

Steve Gallen... 
  • Options

great he's been offered a new deal, very exciting prospect, not sure he'll sign one though.

It didn't stop Morgan and Davison signing new contracts though
  • Options

Steve Gallen... 
    Pretty sure he means financially 
  • Options
    Congratulations to Charlton's most exciting prospect for several years.
    He'd be mad as a hatter to commit himself to this dog and pony show.
    Sort yourself out as best you can Alf, you owe Charlton nothing, your two goals this season earned us 3 points and they could yet prove life saving.
    BTW - does anybody know how Alfie pronounces his surname?  I hear all combinations of "doubty" "doherty" "dough-tea" and it's hugely frustrating.  FWIW my money's on the first of those.
    Especially disrespectful are the valley pass commentary chumps who clearly haven't bothered to find out, they come out with all 3 versions and more besides on every match.  Getting somebody's name right is the absolute minimum least you have to do.
  • Options
    Sort yourself out as best you can Alf, you owe Charlton nothing, your two goals this season earned us 3 points and they could yet prove life saving.
    BTW - does anybody know how Alfie pronounces his surname?  I hear all combinations of "doubty" "doherty" "dough-tea" and it's hugely frustrating.  FWIW my money's on the first of those.
    Especially disrespectful are the valley pass commentary chumps who clearly haven't bothered to find out, they come out with all 3 versions and more besides on every match.  Getting somebody's name right is the absolute minimum least you have to do.
    I've always wondered about your name Stig.  Is the emphasis on Thunder or Cock? Or is it a silent ck - Thunderco? ;-)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I've always wondered about your name Stig.  Is the emphasis on Thunder or Cock? Or is it a silent ck - Thunderco? ;-)
    Reading their posts it's definitely Cock. 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Is there more than one?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Is there more than one?
    Stig's? I believe so. One of them pretends he has a bit of power on here...
  • Options
    Enjoy watching the lad play tonight. I reckon it will be the last time you see him in a red shirt (or at least a Charlton red shirt). 

Only a year left on his contract. The chancers running the club desperate for a few bob to keep the club ticking over so it's only too easy to see them biting the hands off a buyer for an offer of about £200k. After all, if he doesn't sign a new contract - and why on earth would he given the mess we are in and the fact he can no doubt earn much more elsewhere - he goes on a free next year.

Roland was right. Another youth product we can enjoy playing in the Premier League. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoy watching the lad play tonight. I reckon it will be the last time you see him in a red shirt (or at least a Charlton red shirt). 

Only a year left on his contract. The chancers running the club desperate for a few bob to keep the club ticking over so it's only too easy to see them biting the hands off a buyer for an offer of about £200k. After all, if he doesn't sign a new contract - and why on earth would he given the mess we are in and the fact he can no doubt earn much more elsewhere - he goes on a free next year.

Roland was right. Another youth product we can enjoy playing in the Premier League. 
    Don’t worry - Richard Murray said we’ll get full value 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Is there a head shaking face palming emoji?
    I think I hate myself for explaining this
    StigThundercock as my forum handle is a tribute to the late great Peter Cook satirist extraordinaire
    ST was an occasional character given to calling radio phone ins unannounced and expounding on the issues of the day or whatever surreal inspiration struck PC’s sparkling or vodka soaked intellect
    A reference perhaps lost on under 35s 
    Pronunciation as in Cockburn’s port
  • Options
    according to the72.co.uk we've rejected a £400k bid from Luton for Alfie
  • Options
    Sounds like a reliable source 
  • Options
    according to the72.co.uk we've rejected a £400k bid from Luton for Alfie
    Probably taken from the Alan Nixon tweet with a random figure thrown on the end of it
  • Options
    Probably an almighty sweat going on by whoever owns our club to see if they can hold out for £500k.
  • Options
    £5 mil minimum.....did well against Leeds and Fulham. They might see it as worth a punt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to 81/82 and losing the original Paul Elliott (not Farnell's patsy) and Paul Walsh.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I know there’s bigger issues at the moment, but losing our best prospects to Luton Town is humiliating. 
    I still bear a grudge for Paul Walsh and Paul Elliott.
    I'll never get over it if Alfie goes to that two-bob muckhole
  • Options
    We got Steve White. On of the more underrated strikers we've had. Was it 12 in 29? 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    We got Steve White. On of the more underrated streakers we've had. Was it 12 in 29? 

• Options
    I have no idea how much he is worth but I am certain a) he will be worth more in 12 months if we could find a way to convince him to sign an extension, b) whatever he is worth is multiples of £400K and c) whatever he is worth we will sell him for less.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    We got Steve White. On of the more underrated strikers we've had. Was it 12 in 29? 
    He was certainly underrated by me, I thought he was crap.
    But back then I was determined to "punish" him for the crime of not being Paul Walsh
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Are you saying Stig is a consortium?
  • Options
    Cawley also reporting the Luton bid
  • Options
    SLP article (see Bowyer thread) says bigger Championship sides are interested, I don’t think he’ll go to Luton unless it means he’s guaranteed first team football and others don’t offer that.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Are you saying Stig is a consortium?
    No he's being super modern and not assuming gender