Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Empty seats

13»

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

Thanks very much to the fella that gave them
    What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same? If they were.

There are usually 2,000 season ticket holders not present. Given the weather, it would be no surprise if that was higher.
    2,000? Seriously? That's a fair chunk of our usual gate.
    Yes - it’s because the pricing means people buy season tickets with no intention of attending every game, for convenience when they do, and as a way of supporting the club. There will also have been a lot of no shows at £5 given the weather. 
    What is our overall support?.
  • Options
    Anyone know when we might find put next seasons seadon ticket prices ? Relegation might not be avoided until the end of april, so realistically it cant wait that long! 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
    Can understand that from your perspective but it’s not a position the club could have defended when all tickets are £5.
    We have some very over zealous stewards who would have got their 15 minutes worth of fame by making an issue.
    I’d hope they had been instructed to ignore the issue yesterday.

Edit: confirmed they had been.
    Fans wouldn’t know that before going through the turnstiles though and don’t want to face the hassle / humiliation of getting grief off a jobs worth. 

Would really help if that was advertised .
    if they advertised  that early then all our bitchy fans moan about is it worth getting a season ticket blah blah blah 

I dont understand why people piss and moan about the stewards. If you're not a 50 year old bloke buying kids tickets I very much doubt youl ever have any interactions with them. 
    Not quite true. Since the club have brought in the checking of concession priced tickets at the turnstiles I have been rather aggressively challenged on my student ticket about 50% of home games.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
    Can understand that from your perspective but it’s not a position the club could have defended when all tickets are £5.
    We have some very over zealous stewards who would have got their 15 minutes worth of fame by making an issue.

Fans wouldn’t know that before going through the turnstiles though and don’t want to face the hassle / humiliation of getting grief off a jobs worth. 

if they advertised  that early then all our bitchy fans moan about is it worth getting a season ticket blah blah blah 

I dont understand why people piss and moan about the stewards. If you're not a 50 year old bloke buying kids tickets I very much doubt youl ever have any interactions with them. 
    Not quite true. Since the club have brought in the checking of concession priced tickets at the turnstiles I have been rather aggressively challenged on my student ticket about 50% of home games.
    Potentially the same issue though, if people were not buying tickets they didn't qualify for and openly bragging about it, this issue wouldn't happen. Blame the people doing it, not the stewards doing a job 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Potentially the same issue though, if people were not buying tickets they didn't qualify for and openly bragging about it, this issue wouldn't happen. Blame the people doing it, not the stewards doing a job 🤷‍♂️
    I think what Canters is getting at is the manner in which people are challenged. I've intervened twice on my sons behalf because I didn't like the mocking attitude of the steward.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I think what Canters is getting at is the manner in which people are challenged. I've intervened twice on my sons behalf because I didn't like the mocking attitude of the steward.
    Yeah fair enough
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah it's this. If they were to approach you as you entered the turnstiles and ask to see your ticket and student ID I'd be perfectly fine with it. 

Its th aggressive stance right from the start, surround you with a couple of stewards, use of the words "oi you", and the general threatening approach. 

And all that to someone who has quite legitimately brought a student ticket.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah it's this. If they were to approach you as you entered the turnstiles and ask to see your ticket and student ID I'd be perfectly fine with it. 

Its th aggressive stance right from the start, surround you with a couple of stewards, use of the words "oi you", and the general threatening approach. 

And all that to someone who has quite legitimately brought a student ticket.

The moment I got an "Oi you" I would let them see my ticket and then take it further with his seniors and not let it go. 

Imagine getting this treatment in another customer service environment, I think not.
  • Options
    The worst bit for me is that I attend sporadic games, as I have for over 20 years, but tend to change it up and sit all over the place, as I buy a ticket for each game. Having attended probably 200 games (including the FA Cup Quarter Final at Old Trafford! Who remembers that one?) I still get the feeling, when sat somewhere surrounded by ST holders, they assume I'm a "plastic" fan..... and that when it's a £5 game that feeling is tripled!
  • Options
    We all know the stewards atCharlton are useless, happy to confront a young lad on his own to question his ticket purchase.

Get a few louts kicking off they run a mile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiish said:
    The worst bit for me is that I attend sporadic games, as I have for over 20 years, but tend to change it up and sit all over the place, as I buy a ticket for each game. Having attended probably 200 games (including the FA Cup Quarter Final at Old Trafford! Who remembers that one?) I still get the feeling, when sat somewhere surrounded by ST holders, they assume I'm a "plastic" fan..... and that when it's a £5 game that feeling is tripled!
    Lol, same here, I have been trying a few different seats/areas since my boycott finished and have received a few looks much as to say "he's a newbie"