Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Empty seats

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

Thanks very much to the fella that gave them
    What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
    Can understand that from your perspective but it’s not a position the club could have defended when all tickets are £5.
    We have some very over zealous stewards who would have got their 15 minutes worth of fame by making an issue.
    I’d hope they had been instructed to ignore the issue yesterday.

Edit: confirmed they had been.
  • Options
    what was the official attendance ?
  • Options
    So 24,000 Cafc fans total plus 2,043 Blackburn would have been over 26,000 that's why I said 700 empty yesterday.
  • Options
    So 24,000 Cafc fans total plus 2,043 Blackburn would have been over 26,000 that's why I said 700 empty yesterday.
    Thought the attendance announced strange too. If 24000 home fans seats sold out, then only 1363 from Blackburn but clearly more?
  • Options
    Me and my son have season tickets and didn't bother yesterday either, partly because the team generally don't turn up for these big games, 3 home games in 3 weeks is expensive for me coming from where I live and partly the weather.
  • Options
    In the queue to upgrade an under 11 ticket, there were plenty of people just trying to give away their spares, eventually I gave up queueing and just took 2 adults tickets for the NW upper being offered.

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same? If they were.

There are usually 2,000 season ticket holders not present. Given the weather, it would be no surprise if that was higher.
    2,000? Seriously? That's a fair chunk of our usual gate.
  • Options
    Lass & I were on holiday in Cornwall - good move
  • Options

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same?
    I was given an adult and under 11 ticket, I didn't want any issue of entering with my 15 year old so just thought it safer and easier to upgrade. The queue was mostly collections I guess
    Can understand that from your perspective but it’s not a position the club could have defended when all tickets are £5.
    We have some very over zealous stewards who would have got their 15 minutes worth of fame by making an issue.

Fans wouldn’t know that before going through the turnstiles though and don’t want to face the hassle / humiliation of getting grief off a jobs worth. 

• Options
    The two S/Ts next to me were away. I wish I'd followed their example :(
  • Options
    I was away and my fellow season ticket holder and his girlfriend who I'd leant my ticket to decided not to go due to the weather and travel issues!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fans wouldn’t know that before going through the turnstiles though and don’t want to face the hassle / humiliation of getting grief off a jobs worth. 

Would really help if that was advertised .
    if they advertised  that early then all our bitchy fans moan about is it worth getting a season ticket blah blah blah 

• Options
    Plenty of seats where I was in the cupboard end. Mind you, I was letting off some rippers which might have some bearing. 
  • Options

Would really help if that was advertised .
    if they advertised  that early then all our bitchy fans moan about is it worth getting a season ticket blah blah blah 

I dont understand why people piss and moan about the stewards. If you're not a 50 year old bloke buying kids tickets I very much doubt youl ever have any interactions with them. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Plenty of seats where I was in the cupboard end. Mind you, I was letting off some rippers which might have some bearing. 
    Leave the bovril alone next time!
  • Options
    I wished more 0eople would stat away.....parking is getting a right nightmare !!. Got to the ground at 1.30pm & still had to park the other side of the park (which we've had to do since xmas) and then only just found a space having driven round 3 times.

Then getting home was even worse. Took an hour to move 1 street & didnt get onto Shooters Hill road (by the Lido) until 6.15. 

WTF !!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    aliwibble said:

What on earth were they processing upgrades for, when all the ticket prices are the same? If they were.

There are usually 2,000 season ticket holders not present. Given the weather, it would be no surprise if that was higher.
    Yes - it’s because the pricing means people buy season tickets with no intention of attending every game, for convenience when they do, and as a way of supporting the club. There will also have been a lot of no shows at £5 given the weather. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I wished more 0eople would stat away.....parking is getting a right nightmare !!. Got to the ground at 1.30pm & still had to park the other side of the park (which we've had to do since xmas) and then only just found a space having driven round 3 times.

Then getting home was even worse. Took an hour to move 1 street & didnt get onto Shooters Hill road (by the Lido) until 6.15. 

WTF !!
    Let's hope we don't get back to the Premier League then.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We parked at 1.30 on the road where the chemist is. Left after final whistle, nipped to loo, got to blackheath standard by 5.15 and bus home from there. Indoors at 6. Was pleasantly surprised! 
  • Options
    To be clear. I got a lift there and bus home. Didn’t leave my car in charlton ahead of next week. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Yes, I agree, as I indicated above. I think the club could have made this clear to remove it as an issue but equally the permanent staff are not do daft they would omit to brief the stewards on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The retail park was a tenth of the size from memory when we were last in the top flight. 

Carnage on busy match days as those poor football-less souls descend upon IKEA 

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Yes - it’s because the pricing means people buy season tickets with no intention of attending every game, for convenience when they do, and as a way of supporting the club. There will also have been a lot of no shows at £5 given the weather. 
    What is our overall support?.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    aliwibble said:

At least forty thousand plus; source Wembley League One Play Off Final May 2019 😉

Edit; Actually it was nearer 37k but I think we must have a few thousand more knocking about here and there.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

WTF !!
    I remember 20 odd years ago occasionally parking in Bugsby's way when past Makro it was basically just industrial premises and the road was dead quiet at weekends!
  • Options
    Knew I shouldn't have bothered but I moved heaven and earth to get there!
    Firstly coming through outer darkest kent found traffic to be a nightmare due to A21 closure then found there to be no trains only a replacement bus service ! Sod that back in the car head towards sevenoaks took an hour to do a 15 min journey then get ripped of by the car park ticket machine £15!!
    We Just get train with minutes to spare
    Then packed like sardines on the london to charlton train arrive with minutes to spare so no time for beers or food!
    All for what!!
    The same as everyones posts
    So please remind me or simply kick me in the nuts not to attend next year?
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Storm Dennis?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

This season's average is 17,946 of which 15,977 are home fans.
  • Options

WTF !!
    The parking is a nightmare because Crossbars/ Fans bar is free. Loads of people now rock up at stupid O’Clock to park close and sit in Crossbars for 3hrs. I’d be happy for the club to bring back a ‘fee’ of some kind for access to the Fans Bar. It would thin down the herd and free up the parking at the same time.
  • Options

WTF !!
    Won’t be a problem come next April with that new ULEZ shite coming in force...
  • Options

WTF !!
    Won’t be a problem come next April with that new ULEZ shite coming in force...
    Isnt that October 2021?