Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Well, two more from Lyle after the break and we can all relax a bit
  • Options
    Can we just agree to call it there...
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble putting up with Bjorn Borg on SSN? He should stick to his tennis. 
  • Options
    How has Walker missed that!!
    Just beat Pearce to it at the near post and the ball looped agonisingly across the face of goal with Dillon helpless. Phew!
  • Options
    After Saturday, I can't believe what I have just watched!

Playing some lovely football, knocking it around really well. Cool and composed in defence, where Sarr is probably having one of his best games ever. But running him very close for mom so far in my opinion is Oztumer - he's been everywhere.

Forest can't be that bad again next half, can they? 
  • Options
    Excellent 45 mins. Entertaining game and we look different Gravy from Saturday. One negative is Hemed who is a waste of space. Get Bonne on with Taylor. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Let's hope Forest's shots from outside the box continue to be of that quality
    That's what they were mostly doing at our place, I think they equalised from a corner where we made the cardinal sin of a substitution.

We need to show some of that early season grit that saw us grind out one nils against the likes of Leeds & Brentford.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We look so much more organised today.

Sarr and Taylor on the same page. 

Ozzy playing out of his skin.

Hemed working so hard.

Matthews doing well, less one poorly read reception from Pearce.

Doughty putting a shift in, even if not everything is coming together.

Davis playing the Pratley role so well.

• Options
    Great performance. Really top drawer.
    Davis took one for the team, right thing to do. But he now looks massively cautious and we can’t afford to have a tentative midfielder in there. Or ten men. 

Naby been class.

But Lyle Taylor. What.A.Finish.

£10m player right there. Class. 
  • Options
    So much better than Saturday's game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching red button for 1st time. Is the picture quality normally this bad? Like watching it on an old Finches video! 
  • Options
    Solid four at half - hemed playing well but no one seems to be on his wavelength at points.
    cullen touch letting him down at times, and Oztumers passing seems to be dragging somewhat!

defence seems solid, but jenkinson giving alfie all kinds of problems! 

Pray we’ve practised defending the 45-47 minute!!!
  • Options
    That's much more like it.
    Sarr has made a huge difference, and what an assist. Hemed has looked sharp, except when shooting. Oztumer has provided the creative spark we've lacked, and is surprisingly hard to shake off the ball. Taylor also looks more interested. Doughty handling lolly pretty well.
  • Options
    Please Middlesbrough turn it on for the next 45. Tear them apart.
  • Options
    Excellent 45 mins. Entertaining game and we look different Gravy from Saturday. One negative is Hemed who is a waste of space. Get Bonne on with Taylor. 
    Guess you are one of those fans who have decided you think he is crap, and have ignored everything that he has done well this half and just concentrated on a few mistakes instead.
  • Options
    Brilliant performance and what a goal
    Phillips gonna wind them up massively second half
    poxy wigan winning ffs

we have to beat forest for taking the piss with 6 changes , justice should be served
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bowyer is either an idiot, a genius, lucky or unlucky.  I'll let you know about 10pm :wink:
    I will go with lucky
     will take a lucky undeserved win all day long
    So far looking a genius compared to Saturday.
  • Options
    Another great first half against Forest 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Watching red button for 1st time. Is the picture quality normally this bad? Like watching it on an old Finches video! 
    Yes awful! Really fuzzy and awful commentary.
  • Options
    Forest reaction at HT... they are not happy.

• Options
    Well I never!!!!  :):):)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Yes I’m afraid it has been shite the two times I’ve watched it.

not in tonight. Thanks all for the updates so can’t comment on relative shiteness.
  • Options
    great half, please dont concede early like we always do, or drop too deep like we always do
  • Options
    Beginning to wish Pratley was on the bench to replace Davis as he is going to have to be careful with his challenges from now on
  • Options
    Really good first half but by no means over yet!!

Forest have been just how I thought they would be after having to play at the tempo of what is a strong Leeds team

Charlton on the other hand have played like the team we saw pre-November, passing with confidence and intent

My only criticsm is the sloppyness, we're giving the ball away too much which is allowing Nottm Forest to counter all too easily at times

One point I want to make but what the f**k was that from us during injury time, the defending was diabolical, without doubt the worst passage of play from us this half!!

Oztumer and Hemed both having really good games, the latter along with Lyle Taylor really knows how to control the ball - Naby Sarr though!!!!! - Was worried in the opening exchanges as being dragged out of defence allowed Forest into the gap he created, thankfully the ball was overhit yet I thought it could be a sign of things to come - Sarr though learnt from the error and has been outstanding, playing like a player who knows he needs to impress to get a decent Contract (regardless of the club), either way thats going to work to our advantage... Would even go as far to say him and Pearce are working well together as part of the back three, something we've yet to really see
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!