Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Match Thread

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Charlton: Phillips, Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce (c), Taylor, Sarr, Cullen, Hemed, Davis, Oztumer, Doughty

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Aneke, McGeady, Bonne, Smith
  • Are Pratley and Williams injured or is Bowyer saving them for the more winnable game on Saturday?

Good to see Aneke back.
  • No real pace up front but both Taylor and Hemed should have the ability to hold up the ball and bring others into play whilst being a nuisance to the opposition
  • edited February 2020
    Nottm Forest: Samba, Jenkinson, Worrall, Figueirdo, Bong, Watson (c), Yates, Silva, Diakhaby, Lolley, Walker

Subs: Muric, Da Costa, Carvalho, Cash, Semedo, Dawson, Mighten
  • So I presume:

------------Phillips------------
    ---Lockyer---Pearce----Sarr-----
    Matthews------------------Doughty
    ------Cullen--------Davis------
    ------------Oztumer-----------
    -------Taylor--------Hemed------

Which is not that bad a team at all. Really quite positive. Good to see Bonne and Aneke back on the bench - Pratley rested; Solly still out; no Williams or JFC; no Green; no Field.

Okay.
  • Waiting for confirmation on the number of changes Forest have made but it's a lot. They have one eye on WBA at the weekend.
  • 2 up front - first time we have tried that in a while with two conventional strikers - let's see Taylor cause some chaos!
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent bench too tonight.  Got options and good to see Oshilaja back. 
  • Hemed starting at last.

Will do well with Taylor but a lot depends on Doughty and Matthews getting forward.

Four new injuries not good but Bonne and Aneke back.
  • Waiting for confirmation on the number of changes Forest have made but it's a lot. They have one eye on WBA at the weekend.

Five changes.
  • Williams, Green and Pratley all miss out with knocks
  • Looks like Bowyers hand was forced. With no Green he's had to go with Hemed seeing as Bonne & Aneke still aren't match fit. 

• Even though I'm not really a fan of the 5-3-2 I quiet like the look of that team to be honest. I think the balance on a whole is right and hopefully with Cullen Davis and Oztumer in the middle we will be dynamic enough to play the ball through the lines to the two up top.
  • Bonne back?? Was that forecast?
  • JaShea99 said:
    Bonne back?? Was that forecast?
    On the bench, yes
  • Nottm Forest: Samba, Jenkinson, Worrall, Figueirdo, Bong, Watson (c), Yates, Silva, Diakhaby, Lolley, Walker

Subs: Muric, Da Costa, Carvalho, Cash, Semedo, Dawson, Mighten
    Missing top scorer Grabban. Lolley is a very good player though, think he was injured for the game at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to be positive here about the injuries. We know that players are sent out 'patched up". I hate to think what state some of them were sent out in before the turn of the year. Hopefully now we can afford to rest players with minor knocks. Actually the Valley Pass boys mentioned on Saturday that Green had been suffering with the same virus (i.e."cold") as Doughty, maybe that's his issue. And heaven knows, Pratley need a rest.
  • 5-3-1-1 if under cosh.
    3-5-2 if attacking.

Let's go for it.
  • Yay, wingbacks. 
  • Some quality subs! We’ll win! 
  • We need to stop getting into the mentality that we have "more knocks" or "even further injuries." Let's just get on with it. The period of explaining how we ended up from 3rd to a relegation battle has gone. Time to focus on the 2nd half of the season now.
  • Keys to tonight - can the full backs assert themselves and provide attacking width, can Hemed and Taylor hold the ball up and bring others into play, can Ozzy get into pockets of space and feed off that hold up play. Ozzy had a brilliant first 45 minutes in the home game vs Forest, but both sides are very different to that match. Picking Ozzy is quite a bod move by Bowyer though - it's more of a 3-4-1-2 as a result, which makes it quite attacking.
  • With their new Bong at the back, let's hope Bowyer's game plan to hit them hard doesn't go up in smoke.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!