Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you miss from football

13»

Comments

• Dick neve 
  • Small boys being passed over the heads of the crowd down to the front.

(though the way I've worded that makes it sound a bit creepy)
  • Lucky the cat
  • lolwray said:
    Dick neve 

Good call. To a lesser degree but a standing dish in those was Charlie Hall. Those little legs running at 10 to the dozen when one of ours went down.
  • Waking up on Sunday with a charge sheet in your pockets from the day before.
  • The bogs at the same Bartram entrance

• The smells ..a combination of burgers,cigar/cigarette smoke,peanut shells,piss,print from the programmes

• I miss the non accessibility of scores at other grounds and the buzz of excitement at find out out the other scores from one of these:

How they got that paper out to suburbs of London by about 5:30 on Saturday was amazing.
    Do any of you Aussie Addicks think the guy in the middle of the bottom picture looks like Bob Hawke, ex PM?
  • The last 6 steps of the east terrace at the top which were especially steep 
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting to the ground early and as you could walk round the whole ground circumventing it waiting for the kick off.

• lolwray said:
    The last 6 steps of the east terrace at the top which were especially steep 
    My dad always wanted to sit right at the top, level with the halfway line. I had forgotten about those last few steps being the steepest just when my little legs were starting to burn from the climb. Fond memory, thank you.

And what a view!
  • Getting ejected and sneaking back in

The old Mitre Deltas and Adidas Tangos

FA Cup being respected

No as much, if any, diving