Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hold on to your hats!

Comments

• Bit blowy down here at the moment. 

Where is this mate?
    The coast...

Where is this mate?
    The coast...
    Bottom of my road. 

Where is this mate?
    The coast...
    Bottom of my road. 
    Southampton I presume?
  • ...Bournemouth 😉

We'll Southbourne to be more accurate. 
  • Main Road, Hextable re-opened (from Hextable Village Life).

• Hex said:
    Swanley Village (from Hextable Village Life).
    Image may contain one or more people tree outdoor and nature

Shades of Sevenoaks '87. 
  • Plumstead glyndon
  • Sponsored links:

• Two bins blown over in my front garden. 

Have heroically ventured out and stood them up again.  Sou'wester currently drying off in the hall.
  • My Senior Vets game still on. Can’t imagine it will be a good game to watch. Actually, it’s never good to watch! 
    Ha, I've just worked out your user name. 
  • BA flight landed at Heathrow from JFK in under 5 hours thanks to storm Ciara.
    new subsonic NYC to London record. 
  • low tides on the Thames today as the water was being forced out by the storm, rebounds tomorrow though 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanBarrierEA/status/1226517676912148480
    Surely the flights going the other way would be the slowest?
    They will take a northerly track up and over the storm I expect.

My father in law landed a few hours ago from Singapore. He is a perfectly comfortable and experienced flier but said he was shitting himself for the last 45 mins 
  • Off_it said:
    No problems on the Sidcup line.

Its shut for engineering work.
    Engineering work which has quite likely been unable to be completed!
    Could be problems tomorrow instead?
  • Unbelievably heavy rain in Bexleyheath just now

My father in law landed a few hours ago from Singapore. He is a perfectly comfortable and experienced flier but said he was shitting himself for the last 45 mins 
    As long as he wasn’t coughing and sneezing!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in Dartford and winds have been very strong. A neighbour (also an Addick) knocks on the door this morning, to tell me my daughter's car has a corrugated metal roof sheet laying alongside it.. I go out to find the said panel has come off another neighbours garage roof and hit her car (big gouge, dents and scratches  - It's her first car, so very upset). Just thankful it was just a parked car, but shudder to think it could have hit a moving vehicle or person. I'm sure calls to Insurance companies will be lively in the morning.

As long as he wasn’t coughing and sneezing!
    I’m guessing the only squeaks emanating from him were as his arsehole was going 5p-50p
  • 2Leighfield said:
    I'm in Dartford and winds have been very strong. A neighbour (also an Addick) knocks on the door this morning, to tell me my daughter's car has a corrugated metal roof sheet laying alongside it.. I go out to find the said panel has come off another neighbours garage roof and hit her car (big gouge, dents and scratches  - It's her first car, so very upset). Just thankful it was just a parked car, but shudder to think it could have hit a moving vehicle or person. I'm sure calls to Insurance companies will be lively in the morning.
    “ We are receiving an unusually high volume of calls at present, please hold the line and a member of staff will answer your call as soon as possible.”  :#
  • Off_it said:
    No problems on the Sidcup line.

Its shut for engineering work.
    Engineering work which has quite likely been unable to be completed!
    Could be problems tomorrow instead?
    Never. Ever.
  • Got hit by several small branches driving  on the A22 near Felbridge - made a hell of a noise but no visible damage.
  • M20 now closed between 5 & 6. Lampposts falling into the carriageway.
  • Anyone having /had a power cut ? 

We experienced 2 this afternoon : the first only lasted about 10 minutes & the second, around 30. 

Completely spoiled the viewing of Millwall's defeat on Sky, although from what I did see, they looked a very decent side. 
  • Anyone having /had a power cut ? 

We experienced 2 this afternoon : the first only lasted about 10 minutes & the second, around 30. 

Completely spoiled the viewing of Millwall's defeat on Sky, although from what I did see, they looked a very decent side. 
    No power cuts up the round from you near rain-swept Tunbridge Wells