Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most underrated player for Charlton

The most underrated player for me was Diawara - thought he was a real quality player who many of our fans never rated. One of the best tacklers I've seen. 

Comments

• Options
    Any keeper who comes from the academy.

They all seem to get far too much stick in recent years yet go on to do very well elsewhere.

Elliot, Randolph, Pope. Philips getting the same treatment now.
    Pope seemed to get an awful lot of stick from some of our fans and I'm sure it affected him. He's done amazingly well.
  • Options

Bradley Pritchard

Bryan Hughes

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Pope and Francis are probably the poster children.  Always rated Pope although did not think he would go in and do as well as he has, still cant get my head around Francis career. Well played to him.
  • Options
    Ralph Milne........

I’ll get my coat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any keeper who comes from the academy.

They all seem to get far too much stick in recent years yet go on to do very well elsewhere.

Elliot, Randolph, Pope. Philips getting the same treatment now.
    Pope seemed to get an awful lot of stick from some of our fans and I'm sure it affected him. He's done amazingly well.
    At the start, Pope made one howler per game that lead directly to a goal. The stick at that point was warranted but should have been directed at TwoShits for leaving us in such a position. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

Players who do all the dirty work like Kish are often underrated - you only appreciate their work when they're not playing and see the difference.
  • Options
    Smertin, Todd, Leaburn and Paul Sturgess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keith Jones and Matt Holland both did the ‘invisible’ stuff that people don’t notice if their eyes only follow the ball 
  • Options
    100% Keith Jones and Kish. Both are regularly slated on here by some people but without them, we would have no one to do the leg work that’s unnoticed but a vital link between the defenders and attackers.
  • Options
    Page
  • Options
    Whilst he was a bit lightweight I always enjoyed watching Mark Stuart - on his day a tidy skilful player 
    He certainly had the ability, knew how to conjure a goal out of nothing, if only he could have been more consistent.

Remember a frustrated Lennie Lawrence saying, Stuart could play for Barcelona or Bromley, it was up to him. 

• Options
    Another vote for Kish and Jones.  
  • Options
    Keith Jones and Matt Holland both did the ‘invisible’ stuff that people don’t notice if their eyes only follow the ball 
    This.

They do all the tracking and covering,  giving the more creative players the platform to flourish.

The rest of the team can't perform if these type of players don't do their job.

• Options
    Geoff Hammond