Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*******January bite size transfer rumours/done deals thread*******

edited January 15 in General Charlton
Not my strong point as I am not very good at keeping tabs on the rumours of incoming players as others, but for those of you that don't wish to trawl through the rumours thread, I have compiled below the activity to date and rumours.  I will try and keep on top of it

Back end of Dec - Jonathan Leko's loan comes to an end after he suffers season ending injury in QPR game on 21st Dec

Jan 2nd - Andre Green forward/winger joins on loan from Villa for the rest of this season

Jan 3rd - Charlton recall Taylor Maloney, Brendan Wiredu & Toby Stevenson from loans at Newport, Colchester & Stevenage respectfully 

Week of Jan 6th 

Charlton linked with Gnanduillet of Blackpool, who we were in for in the summer of 2019, but according to sources, Blackpool wanted an additional £500k on top of a reportedly agreed fee of £325k for a player out of contract at the end of season, new Chairman Matt Southall has come out and said we won't be paying over the odds and have to work within a sustainable framework

Linked with a loan move for Sheff Utd's former Man City centre back Kean Bryan, Sheff Utd reportedly not standing in his way.  Well touted youngster at Man City who moved to Sheff Utd, but he has only played 2 first  team games for Sheff Utd.  tweet on 15th jan from football journalist Alan Nixon we are still in for him

Also linked with a £2m bid for Birmingham City centre back Harlee Dean and Barnsley midfielder Alex Mowatt

Jan 10th - Steve Gallen appointed Director of Football.  Good news for the club in that it gives the recruitment side much more clarity and transparency around signing and selling players, and in the interview on the club website, Steve confirms he is working on trying to bring 3 permanent signings in, and possibly 1 loan player.

Jan 13th - Darren MacAnthony, Peterborough Chairman, confirms Peterboro have accepted an offer from Charlton for Marcus Maddison and player is free to discuss personal terms.  Darren also states that Peterborough have received offers for striker Ivan Toney, another player we were linked with in the summer transfer window

Jan 14th - Connor Gallagher recalled by Chelsea from season long loan, slightly unexpected and Bowyer says it's a bit of a kick in the teeth, but out of our control and we have to get on with it.  

A couple of unsubstantiated rumours on the site about Burton midfielder Scott Fraser being a potential target after a tweet from a Burton fan emerges.  Jack Marriott the Derby forward also linked, as well as Pompey midfielder Ronan Curtis 

Jan 15th - Gallagher looks set for a move to Swansea after reports emerge they can cover more of his wages and potentially pay a loan fee.  In addition, Chelsea may want him to play for a team at the top end of the Championship.

Beram Kayal's loan from Brighton officially terminated after he returned to parent club after having had surgery on an injury.  It is also officially confirmed that Joe Ledley has been released after his 1 month deal that started on Dec 7th up at Middlesborough, he only played the first 45 minutes in 1-0 defeat and was consigned to the bench for the rest of his short term deal

I think that is it for now, apologies if I have missed anything/anyone

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out!