Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*******January bite size transfer rumours/done deals thread*******

edited January 2020 in General Charlton
Not my strong point as I am not very good at keeping tabs on the rumours of incoming players as others, but for those of you that don't wish to trawl through the rumours thread, I have compiled below the activity to date and rumours.  I will try and keep on top of it

Back end of Dec - Jonathan Leko's loan comes to an end after he suffers season ending injury in QPR game on 21st Dec

Jan 2nd - Andre Green forward/winger joins on loan from Villa for the rest of this season

Jan 3rd - Charlton recall Taylor Maloney, Brendan Wiredu & Toby Stevenson from loans at Newport, Colchester & Stevenage respectfully 

Week of Jan 6th 

Charlton linked with Gnanduillet of Blackpool, who we were in for in the summer of 2019, but according to sources, Blackpool wanted an additional £500k on top of a reportedly agreed fee of £325k for a player out of contract at the end of season, new Chairman Matt Southall has come out and said we won't be paying over the odds and have to work within a sustainable framework

Linked with a loan move for Sheff Utd's former Man City centre back Kean Bryan, Sheff Utd reportedly not standing in his way.  Well touted youngster at Man City who moved to Sheff Utd, but he has only played 2 first  team games for Sheff Utd.  tweet on 15th jan from football journalist Alan Nixon we are still in for him

Also linked with a £2m bid for Birmingham City centre back Harlee Dean and Barnsley midfielder Alex Mowatt

Jan 10th - Steve Gallen appointed Director of Football.  Good news for the club in that it gives the recruitment side much more clarity and transparency around signing and selling players, and in the interview on the club website, Steve confirms he is working on trying to bring 3 permanent signings in, and possibly 1 loan player.

Jan 13th - Darren MacAnthony, Peterborough Chairman, confirms Peterboro have accepted an offer from Charlton for Marcus Maddison and player is free to discuss personal terms.  Darren also states that Peterborough have received offers for striker Ivan Toney, another player we were linked with in the summer transfer window

Jan 14th - Connor Gallagher recalled by Chelsea from season long loan, slightly unexpected and Bowyer says it's a bit of a kick in the teeth, but out of our control and we have to get on with it.  

A couple of unsubstantiated rumours on the site about Burton midfielder Scott Fraser being a potential target after a tweet from a Burton fan emerges.  Jack Marriott the Derby forward also linked, as well as Pompey midfielder Ronan Curtis 

Jan 15th - Gallagher looks set for a move to Swansea after reports emerge they can cover more of his wages and potentially pay a loan fee.  In addition, Chelsea may want him to play for a team at the top end of the Championship.

Beram Kayal's loan from Brighton officially terminated after he returned to parent club after having had surgery on an injury.  It is also officially confirmed that Joe Ledley has been released after his 1 month deal that started on Dec 7th up at Middlesborough, he only played the first 45 minutes in 1-0 defeat and was consigned to the bench for the rest of his short term deal

I think that is it for now, apologies if I have missed anything/anyone

Comments

• Hold your horses, Cawley tweets he doesn’t believe we are in advanced talks with Maddison, but could be wrong on that.....
  • Sponsored links:

• JAN 28th 

I’ve not been neglecting my duties (I hope), but very little to add.

London News Online does a round up article, covering a number of names already mentioned, such as Troy Parrott, Pedro Chirrivella, Adam Idah and Pogba.

There was also a tweet I saw indicating Spurs are willing to let Parrott go, but both us and QPR were clubs mentioned.

squeaky bum time for those of us that are keen to see a few new faces in, which is probably all of us.  Fingers crossed Southall will land a couple 
  • JAN 28th PM

Tweet from a Watford supporters account saying we are working on a loan deal for midfielder Tom Dele-Bashiru, who they signed from Man City in the summer.  Youngster, started and scored in their FA Cup tie at Tranmere
  • Jan 29th PM

Bristol Post, London News Online both reporting an official bid from us of £1m plus add ons, has been made for Jonson Clarke Harris, the Bristol Rovers forward.  The Bristol Post article states that Rovers may be looking for players on loan from us as well. 
  • JAN 30th

Beaten to it by another mod on the main thread but apparently Greg Docherty the Rangers midfielder will be joining on loan today.  

• JAN 30th 

ffs - choose tonight of all nights to go out and Matt Southall tweets a picture of a load energy drinks, snacks and sugar to indicate they are working through the night to bring transfers in, also comments on Charlton Live implying signings are pending

As far as I can tell, Aiden McGeady, the Sunderland midfielder linked, Jonson Clarke-Harris potentially still on, as Rovers have got a forward in, and the Doherty rumours still lingering 

Not sure how Lyle Taylor leaving is looking 

• Around midnight Jan 30th

Aiden McGeady 
    confirms a loan move for the remainder of this season from Sunderland.  Bowyer is a big admirer of the midfielder, and he has a lot of experience.  We have 1 loan space left in the squad

16 hours and 7 minutes left of the window 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours still abound that Bostock may join on loan from Forest until the end of the season, and Newcastle winger Adam Wilson, youngster 
  • Bostock now apparently off after we couldn’t get an agreement with parent club Toulouse according to sources on Twitter 
  • Murmurs that the Tom Dele-Bashiru loan move is still on.  He's the youngster from Watford
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!