Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    Top Man Lee Bowyer well done and the best of wishes 👍👍👍
    ” Come In you Reds” ! 
  • Options
    Very happy 

Seems like Lee got the deal he wanted in the end and Charlton got the manager it needed.

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    “Five years didn’t make sense. Alan Pardew signed a ten-year contract and left about twelve months later. No one signs more than three years nowadays. We’ve made it realistic and the most important thing is that we have time to rebuild. I’m excited by it. Speaking to the chairman, before he came in and when he came in, there was a lot of positive conversations.”

Explains the five year / three year contract
  • Options
    Feel relief that common sense won out in the end. Strange is banished and a 3 year seems a realistic contract and Lee can at last start to plan. 
    The frustration of the dozen injuries and the hand over from RD to ESI was getting to Lee plus his own contract talks.
    January 22nd, remember that day.
    The day we did the first forward step of the era of ESI. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    It always happens in threes.

Bowyer signed a new contract. 

We beat  Fulham. 

I wake up tomorrow with a 10 inch cock.

It's happening 
    You on the pull tonight then ?
    Sounds like he will be tomorrow morning 
    You offering 
    I thought you were already waking up with elfsborg? 
    He'd have an 11" one then.
  • Options
    The 3 and a half is perfect imo, 5 did sound a lot and can cause issues both ways, complacency in the manager and if the manager starts underperforming more money to let go. I can't lie jokes aside it does put my panic to rest a bit, don't think Bowyer would have signed if there was doubts.

Dry sheets this morning 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

We beat  Fulham. 

It's happening 
    You offering 
    Self inflicted 
  • Options
    Now sign up Lyle on a new contract  and Cullen permanently.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

We beat  Fulham. 

It's happening 
    what’s the point in downsizing? At your age you should just be glad it’s works. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:

We beat  Fulham. 

It's happening 
    You offering 
    I thought you were already waking up with elfsborg? 
    He'd have an 11" one then.
    Yeah an 11” bloke next to him. 
  • Options
    Any news on Jacko and Marshall?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    stonemuse said:
    Pretty disappointed with this.

They should have used an LED flat panel light as a fill, (to avoid 'Voldemort eyes'), and would it be asking too much to have the Jimmy Seed Stand as the backdrop @Ollywozere ?
    What is "the model" ?
  • Options
    Very pleased with this news, seems like a sensible way forward, hopefully JJ will follow suit very soon. 
  • Options
    Very pleased with this news, seems like a sensible way forward, hopefully JJ will follow suit very soon. 
    Seeing as Lee said he wanted his coaching team sorted first, can we not assume it is done?

After all Lee said he wanted a proper compensation and 5 years with 12 months rolling compensation is equivalent to a one year rolling contract... he even said 3 years is more normal and that's what he ended up with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any news on Jacko and Marshall?

"Lee Bowyer feels that deals to keep his backroom staff at Charlton will be a formality after he himself penned a three-year deal to stay at the helm.

Assistant Coach Johnnie Jackson and Goalkeeping Coach Andy Marshall have been instrumental in the Addicks rise over the last two seasons alongside Bowyer, and the manager believes they will be rewarded with the contracts they deserve.

“I think they’re close,” Bowyer said.

“I can’t get too involved but I hope they’re not far behind because they deserve it as well.

“They’re a big part of the reason why this club is moving forward so quickly, so I hope that they do get the right contract.

“I’m sure they will.”

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/18179966.bowyer-switches-focus-charltons-january-window-penning-deal/

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    fenn3098 said:
    It better be sorted soon for Bowyers sake as with each loss, injuries or not his stock value is lowering and his excellency may get other ideas. 
    Southall would not be so popular then.......overnight.
    Maybe MS is fully aware of this so is offering Bowyer a contract he knows he won't sign.  Then sacks him saying "we need a manager who is committed to the project, we wanted it to be Lee but he wouldn't commit"? 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    fenn3098 said:
    It better be sorted soon for Bowyers sake as with each loss, injuries or not his stock value is lowering and his excellency may get other ideas. 
    Southall would not be so popular then.......overnight.
    Maybe MS is fully aware of this so is offering Bowyer a contract he knows he won't sign.  Then sacks him saying "we need a manager who is committed to the project, we wanted it to be Lee but he wouldn't commit"? 

Well he didn't sign the contract that was publicly offered did he?  You know the one being discussed at the time?  Strange man. Maybe look up the word maybe as well, obviously got a lot of time on your hands. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

Of course it was discussed before the takeover was approved. 
    The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

And used his "mate" to leek we have a had a bid accepted for a player.

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

He hasn't had 2 weeks to sort this out, he has had months.  
    Ridiculous and too much to even bother with.
    If it was February I might agree with some of it, but it's not.
    Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

I have also offered to eat lots of humble pie, and take pelters, if I am. 

What is your favorite pie filling? I have the oven on....

Get a grip

Jesus... 
    Why would a man say "my manager signing a new contract is my biggest priority" in November, then at the start of January say it can wait until February, then after a bit of backlash, publically offer him a 5 year deal ten days later?

He has been talking to Bowyer since October, if they both wanted it by now it would be done. 

If it is done now, one of them will leave by next Xmas.  Lol all you like, give me pelters if I am wrong, but I will say I told you so. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

What is your favorite pie filling? I have the oven on....

Get a grip

Jesus... 
    Why would a man say "my manager signing a new contract is my biggest priority" in November, then at the start of January say it can wait until February, then after a bit of backlash, publically offer him a 5 year deal ten days later?

He has been talking to Bowyer since October, if they both wanted it by now it would be done. 

If it is done now, one of them will leave by next Xmas.  Lol all you like, give me pelters if I am wrong, but I will say I told you so. 

By Christmas.  Its not even February yet.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done?