Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    Don't think I can juggle my balls now

I wish I had some to juggle.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Well it is his job to juggle to balls and not drop them.  Get Bowyer signed up - that has to be step one, and the rest will happen from there. If this drags on, we could only have a week to go before the window closes and lost our last two games! I can't believe it is in ESI's interests to get relegated and it may be early in their ownership and unfair, but Southall needs to start doing something. 

What clubs normally do is tap players up, then offer to buy them. We make the offer to the club, get it accepted and find the player doesn't want to join us. Look how Brentford tapped up Taylor. When you are swimming with the sharks, you need to act like a shark.
    It may be early in their ownership but by their own admission they wanted to get in for this window to strengthen the side and sort issues out. Now I would have thought they’d have had Bowyers deal all agreed and ready to sign in the period whilst they were waiting for EFL approval and signings lined up too. The reverse seems to have happened. To be fair I find it all a tad confusing and ‘weird’.
    Really is that allowed in the EFL ?
    Someone who doesn't own a club, hasn't had EFL approval, offer and have agreed an employment contract, to an employee of another club?

They could have entered into a pre-contract agreement which would have been conditional and only become contractual on EFL approval.
    Ok fair enough, that surprises me.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Maybe if our new owner released some kind of statement on the website about how he is disappointed that they couldn't agree terms and give us a few details about how good the offer actually was and how annoying his agent was, before stating he has been let go, the contract might be wrapped up by the next day?

Something like this perhaps?
  • Options
    Maybe if our new owner released some kind of statement on the website about how he is disappointed that they couldn't agree terms and give us a few details about how good the offer actually was and how annoying his agent was, before stating he has been let go, the contract might be wrapped up by the next day?

Something like this perhaps?
    Please no.. not again
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the chairman on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

• Options
    Not the end of the world if Bowyer goes - I'm sure we can persuade Pardew.
  • Options
    ....to release Powell to us.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring back les reed! Or not
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Bring back les reed! Or not
    The Les Reed Karel Fraeye dream team!
  • Options
    Bizarrely the previous owner didn't get on with Rob Segal, so he made a personal call to Lee Bowyer in which a one year compromise deal was done. I would like to see some dynamism from the chairman to get the main deal done (Bowyer's contract) but accepting Segal was in the USA with other clients, this needs to be announced by the latest Thursday which will be a week since the press conference. 

Jose Mourinho was named as Tottenham boss just days after Pochettino was sacked, a draft contract was agreed with Jose and then the sacking took place. 
    Southall seemed to be at every game in December and I'm surprised the template of a contract wasn't mentioned over the phoned or by email if Segal was out the country. 
    If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

Of course it was discussed before the takeover was approved. 
  • Options
    Warnock said he wants one last job before retirement.
    Please sign Lee.
  • Options
    Or the one that got away.

• Options
    Isn't there a technical term for this?

Cluster F...

yes thats it.
  • Options

Or the Mother of all windows, still 2 weeks to turn it around tho, serious test of mettle.. put on yer brown trousers, tuck in yer socks and tighten your belts lads/ladies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If Bowyer's contract was the most important, and the first thing Matt wanted to achieve when becoming the owner on the 2nd January, then 14th January does seem lackadaisical on someone's part ?

The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

And used his "mate" to leek we have a had a bid accepted for a player.

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

He hasn't had 2 weeks to sort this out, he has had months.  
    The levels of hysteria are rising again.  
    I don't know about that, but if someone decent doesn't sign soon I'm going to punch them  ;)
  • Options
     I'll put you down as a "maybe" on the new regime @Cafc43v3r

😉
    We will be OK because HE, and his "associates" won't let us not be.  Its the short term I am worried about. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

The whole thing stinks.  If you had been "involved" in football for 20 years, been trying to buy a club for a few, and then finally landed one, would you not already know who you wanted as manager and list of potential players lined up?

I know I would. 

So far Mr Southall has said he wants to sign Bowyer and Taylor.  He wants to buy Cullen and Leko (obviously the injury made that impossible).  He is going to invest £15 million on a training ground they don't yet own.

What has he done? 

Signed a player on loan, all be it much needed, who couldn't get a game at Preston and made sure it was noted we wanted him in the summer but the finances weren't avalible.  I am sure Villa just want him to play now. 

We haven't even had the leeked story that Taylor was offered the highest wage ever offered by us out side of the prem. Even if it's not true its impossible to prove. 

Ridiculous and too much to even bother with.
    If it was February I might agree with some of it, but it's not.
    Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

I have also offered to eat lots of humble pie, and take pelters, if I am. 

Believe he did know, but second hand (and not from his agent).
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I know I would. 

What has he done? 

Ridiculous and too much to even bother with.
    If it was February I might agree with some of it, but it's not.
    Mr Southall has had months, yes months, to talk to Bowyer's agent.  "Get in the right ball park" "be on the same page" he said it was his no1 priority in November. 

Bowyer knew nothing about the "5 year deal" before the press conference.   You could tell by the look on his face. 

I have said before I hope I am wrong, I really do, but I have a bad feeling about this and I honestly think Mr Southall comes across as too good to be true. 

I have also offered to eat lots of humble pie, and take pelters, if I am. 

Believe he did know, but second hand (and not from his agent).
    Well I won't play poker with him!!

But this should have been "oven ready" and the "easiest deal in the history of deals". 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It is common sense though that any new player will be interested in Bowyer's position. You could sign a deal and get Warnock for most of your contract length for all you know!

I would agree that the time to judge the window is 1 Feb were it not for the fact that the pesky EFL are demanding we play games in January. The points from those games could be crucial and change the circumstances somewhat.