Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

There’s always one.

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Can someone please show me proof where Nimer's money has come from oil? Seems like most of his money comes from commercial development?
    And the money for that comes from....

So if you live and work in Abu Dhabi, all your money comes back to oil and you are therefore guilty of dirty business? Christ remind me never to accept a job in the UAE
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I am the one. 
    The one who is uncomfortable with money from oil. 
    Like coal there’s blood and abuse all over it.
    I hope I’m wrong but I’m uncomfortable with this takeover.
    That’s all for now.
    Not true. My salary was paid by it for 39 years. 
    I don’t understand.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    iainment said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Can someone please show me proof where Nimer's money has come from oil? Seems like most of his money comes from commercial development?

So if you live and work in Abu Dhabi, all your money comes back to oil and you are therefore guilty of dirty business? Christ remind me never to accept a job in the UAE
    Every industrialised nation in the world started with fossil fuels ... therefore you cannot work anywhere  ;)
  • Options
    Ah it's all kicking off
  • Options
    Come on let's all be nice it's a new year
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Only on Charlton Life can a thread move from discussing ‘oil money’ behind a 2nd division football club seamlessly into the ethics and bioligical reasons behind why a cat needs meat in its diet. And we aren’t even on 2 full pages yet.
    I've just come here to find out more about his 6 week road trip
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Rossman92 said:
    iainment said:
    Rossman92 said:

Every industrialised nation in the world started with fossil fuels ... therefore you cannot work anywhere  ;)
    Well my fuckwit country just made itself a Space Force so I'll be taking my talents to the moon!
  • Options
    Does a cat really need meat?
  • Options
    Does a cat really need meat?
    Yes, they’re obligate carnivores.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I don’t know the OP of this thread or why he’s getting a kicking (I assume it’s called for), but I would like to know more about our owners. I’m keen to find out what their motives are and where their money comes from. Not saying there’s anything to worry about, I would just like to know. 
    I have said all along, can we sit back and give them 12 months?

Please.
    I’m not allowed to wonder who they are for 12 months? That... makes no sense whatsoever. 
    I was not disagreeing with you, I even gave a like to your post previous to mine.
  • Options
    Anagram of Never Protest Against East Street Investments anyone?
  • Options
    What about the oil industry makes you uneasy @iainment?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I am the one. 
    The one who is uncomfortable with money from oil. 
    Like coal there’s blood and abuse all over it.
    I hope I’m wrong but I’m uncomfortable with this takeover.
    That’s all for now.
    Oh Ian. I agree with 99% of the things you say but really? 

Can we afford to look this gift horse in the mouth?!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Can we merge this with the “Rise of the Vegans” thread?
  • Options
    @iainment - Would like to ask you what is an acceptable and ethical industry for your billionaire to come from?

And remember they have to be in to football and happy to pay over the market value, assuming the reported price is correct, for what is now a struggling 2nd tier side
  • Options
    Um well done fella,

Totally in line with your veggie and part vegan beliefs while feeding a cat meat. Top work again. 

Well thought through analysis of world issues and your approach to them and your analysis of how to solve them all is second to none. 

For goodness sake. 

Hey, don't tar us all with the same brush!

I'm 90% vegan and I think this could potentially be the best thing to have ever happenned to our club!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Um well done fella,

Totally in line with your veggie and part vegan beliefs while feeding a cat meat. Top work again. 

Well thought through analysis of world issues and your approach to them and your analysis of how to solve them all is second to none. 

For goodness sake. 

Hey, don't tar us all with the same brush!

I'm 90% vegan and I think this could potentially be the best thing to have ever happenned to our club!
    Well anyway..........10% of you does, which is good enough for me.
  • Options
    So glad I opened this thread.
  • Options
    Oil money -------- love it.Paid me the big shilling for a good few years.

I hear ESI are to start fracking in the car park at The Valley.They weren't pot holes they were test pits.

• Options
    Iain can I call you Mr Ment ?

You are entitled to your views but you are the Party Pooper.
    If there was a Gold medal for being a Party pooper you would be standing at the top of the rostrum.

This doesn't make you a bad person BUT like the Extinction rebellion activists who got on top of trains in East London and stopped many folk get to work including zero hour contracted workers it seems ill  timed and out of kilter with the real world.

The world must keep looking to ways of being greener and birth control world wide would help as the demand would then lower for fossil fuels.

ESI are innocent OK.
  • Options
    The money and it's origin isn't so much of an issue.  I'm sure it's nowhere near as dubious as Chelsea's Abramovich money.

I do wonder how certain aspects of Charlton's community work are going to square with the new owners though.  How does it work with things like Charlton vs Homophobia, Proud Valiants and Charlton Invicta etc, when being gay in the UAE can land you in jail?  Do the ultimate owners of Charlton believe in the core message of inclusion through football, or does it end up being a mere hypocritical toleration for them, just a cost of doing business in the west?
  • Options
    I bet you're fun at parties, fun sucker if there ever was one.
  • Options
    I love the oil & gas industry. Your road trip would be short without it. Even an electric car relies on this industry through renewables that would not be developed without them.

A lot of bad things go on,  it's the same in many other industries, but oil & gas is high profile.

Saying the UAE has blood on it's hands because of oil is a stupid comment. Would you feel the same if a Scottish billionaire took us over? All Scottish money is oil tainted?
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    I love the oil & gas industry. Your road trip would be short without it. Even an electric car relies on this industry through renewables that would not be developed without them.

A lot of bad things go on,  it's the same in many other industries, but oil & gas is high profile.

Saying the UAE has blood on it's hands because of oil is a stupid comment. Would you feel the same if a Scottish billionaire took us over? All Scottish money is oil tainted?
    I'd be devastated and nothing to do with oil money

😉