Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bryan Hughes Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• He'd still be useful, if he can still run.

Sure, a bit lightweight.

But good football intelligence and movement, good first touch - and always knows where the back of the net is.
    Surprisingly useful in the air too.
  • Disco boots.....one of the first to wear white boots for us.

Total cack. Two bob etc etc.
  • The "Shadow" we called him as he was always chasing them and never getting in a tackle - Bailey & Semedo are worth 10 times him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He'd still be useful, if he can still run.

Sure, a bit lightweight.

But good football intelligence and movement, good first touch - and always knows where the back of the net is.

Oh really Oggy....in that case I must have had really dodgy eyesight a few years back.
  • Hughes like Holland was one of those players that would have looked ok in whatever league we were in but never stand out. Put him in our team now no one would call him our best player, but he'd still do a job in the Championship.
  • If we could afford to pay the likes of Christensen £5k plus a week or Moo2 £8k we could have afforded to keep Bryan Hughes who was proven at that level and would have been better than the dross Pardew ended up playing in the Championship.

Probably past it now though and not an improvement on what we presently have although he could do a job on the left I suppose.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He'd still be useful, if he can still run.

Sure, a bit lightweight.

Oh really Oggy....in that case I must have had really dodgy eyesight a few years back.

SoundAs, you were judging Hughes on performances against top Premier League players - I'm merely suggesting he may well still be able to do a job in the Third Division.
  • edited February 2010
    Might be signing for Walsall on a free. Would be a good signing for them.
    Former Hull midfielder Bryan Hughes, meanwhile, looks to be heading to Walsall on a free transfer after having his Tigers contract paid up a few days ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]He'd still be useful, if he can still run.

Sure, a bit lightweight.

SoundAs, you were judging Hughes on performances against top Premier League players - I'm merely suggesting he may well still be able to do a job in the Third Division.

Ah........... ok Oggy.
  • Hughes/Spring....one and the same
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Hughes/Spring....one and the same

But Hughes has spent about 5 years playing in the top flight compared to a few months for Spring
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]compared to a few months for Spring

Spring is always only a few months