Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎬 CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2019 🎄

Comments

• Options
    Love actually a turkey? Cheesy as fook but it’s definitely my favourite Christmas romcom! 
    Sorry but I detest this film . 
  • Options
    Love actually a turkey? Cheesy as fook but it’s definitely my favourite Christmas romcom! 
    The bit were the bloke talks to the women in the bar in the US, the gorgeous women who are so poor they can't afford pyjamas and have to share a bed, and would he like to come home with them?, is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a film.
  • Options
    Ah, so you're not actually recommending films, or not, on whether they're any good or not, but on whether you like them or not?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Oh c’mon, you must have coal in your heart. 
    Sure it’s not gonna win any oscars but it makes me fall in love with Tiffany from Eastenders once a year and my wife’s sister-in-law is playing a kid in the band near the end...

edit: and Alan Rickmans in it ffs
  • Options
    Ah, so you're not actually recommending films, or not, on whether they're any good or not, but on whether you like them or not?
    That makes no sense . 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Oh c’mon, you must have coal in your heart. 
    Sure it’s not gonna win any oscars but it makes me fall in love with Tiffany from Eastenders once a year and my wife’s sister-in-law is playing a kid in the band near the end...

edit: and Alan Rickmans in it ffs
    I’ve got coal in my heart . It’s bloody awful 😉
  • Options
    edited December 2019

28TH of DECEMBER   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.00PM           -          BBC1           -                 INSIDE OUT  

6.15PM           -          FILM4         -                  BRIDGE OF SPIES 

8.30PM           -           ITV             -                  GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol 2 

11.15PM         -           ITV            -                   CAPE FEAR (1991)

11.20PM          -          CHANNEL 4           -          THE GREEN MILE

12 MIDNIGHT        -          BBC2             -           DAVID BRENT: LIFE ON THE ROAD  (Recommended Film Of The Day)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🦃 TODAY'S TURKEY TO AVOID 🦃

9.00PM            -               CHANNEL 4        -         BAYWATCH
  • Options
    Should be renamed, "Oh look let's Love Ourselves Acually are we not so groovy and luvey and all that shite"!
  • Options
    Beds
    You've not got stand by me down for tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Beds
    You've not got stand by me down for tonight
    No . I’ve already recommended it just before Christmas.
  • Options
    I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Baywatch the movie.  It does not take itself seriously and is just a daft, feel good film for me.
  • Options
    Bridge of Spies well worth a watch 
  • Options
    Cape fear.
    A truly scary performance there 
  • Options
    I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Baywatch the movie.  It does not take itself seriously and is just a daft, feel good film for me.
    I’m with Beds on this. No young Pamela so it’s a no from me. 
  • Options

SUNDAY 29TH of DECEMBER 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.45PM              -                 SONY MOVIES             -              LAWRENCE OF ARABIA 

3.00PM               -                BBC2                            -               SAVING MR BANKS

9.00PM               -                ITV 2                             -               FAST AND FURIOUS 8 

11.15PM             -                 PARAMOUNT NETWORK          -           DEAD CALM

11.40PM             -                 SONY MOVIES             -               LAYER CAKE  
    (Recommended Film Of The Day)

1.40AM               -                 FILM4             -                            UNDER THE SKIN 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM               -                   FILM4              -               GHOSTBUSTERS     (2016)
  • Options
    Thought you'd taken leave of your senses when I saw tomorrow's turkey.
    Then realised it was the 2016 version and agreed whole heartedly.
  • Options
    Layer Cake is another brilliant choice 
  • Options
    Conversely, this looks like it could be just what we've always wanted... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

That’s more like it ! That looks really good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't have a problem with the female Ghostbusters film, whereas I do with the second of the originals.

Having said that, the Afterlife one looks well worth waiting for.
  • Options
    Some goodies there but Lawrence of Arabia is a classic 
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a film on Netflix.  This is one of my favorite threads and I have come across many a good film by following Beds tips over the years but I have seen Fast and Furious too many times and can't stay up for an 11.30 film after two park runs this weekend!
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a film on Netflix.  This is one of my favorite threads and I have come across many a good film by following Beds tips over the years but I have seen Fast and Furious too many times and can't stay up for an 11.30 film after two park runs this weekend!
    The obvious choice is “The Irishman” which is my second favourite film of 2019 . The only downside (maybe ) is that is three and a half hours long but it’s well worth it .

Dolemite is my name is a really good Netflix film as is The Balad of Buster Scruggs. 
  • Options
    12th man. True war story about a Norwegian resistance fighter. Truth really is stranger than fiction.
  • Options
    12th man. True war story about a Norwegian resistance fighter. Truth really is stranger than fiction.
    Agreed . A superb film 
  • Options
    Rush or Lion are both really good if you've not seen them. 
  • Options
    Thanks all.  Will keep me going for a few days.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I had no idea this was being made but I now need to see it
  • Options

MONDAY   30TH of DECEMBER 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.00PM         -              BBC2             -                 THE APARTMENT 

3.00PM          -             BBC2             -                 SOME LIKE IT HOT

9.00PM          -              5STAR          -                 THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY (Recommended Film Of The Day)

10.00PM         -           TALKING PICTURES      -        THE COTTON CLUB

11.30PM         -             SONY MOVIES        -            21 GRAMS 

02.00AM         -              SONY MOVIES        -         A SINGLE MAN 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10.15PM         -                 ITV                 -              THE HOLIDAY