Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help! Placement of TV in living room

2»

Comments

• Options
    Danepak said:
    Talal said:
    Danepak said:
    put i on the wall with an extending bracket so that you can reposition when you need to
    I hear you, but I don’t like the look of those kind of brackets.
    We've got one that holds a 65 incher and it's great.
    Isn’t it pushing the TV quite far away from the wall, when when it’s not turned in an angle?
    This is how we leave ours, at an angle facing the main sofa unless people are round then it gets put square. Of course wires are on show (could no doubt be made neater than ours) but they don't really get seen because of the room layout. 
    For you I could only see it working for option B, no one would see the behind in that case either.

• Options
    Option A for me.  You will be making the room feel smaller with Option B and wasting the space by the doors.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Talal said:
    Danepak said:
    put i on the wall with an extending bracket so that you can reposition when you need to
    I hear you, but I don’t like the look of those kind of brackets.
    We've got one that holds a 65 incher and it's great.
    Isn’t it pushing the TV quite far away from the wall, when when it’s not turned in an angle?
    Think I misread your comment. When it's pushed as far back as it can be against the wall then yes it's not fully flat and protrudes. If you're after that clean flat to the wall look then it's probably not the way to go.
  • Options
    Whatever, A or B, the sofa is much too far away from the TV if it is a UHD model.  https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eMSLnlUgBWs/learn/learningcenter/home/TV_placement.html  And if it's a smart TV where your router is may also be important.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Whatever, A or B, the sofa is much too far away from the TV if it is a UHD model.  https://www.crutchfield.com/S-eMSLnlUgBWs/learn/learningcenter/home/TV_placement.html  And if it's a smart TV where your router is may also be important.
    Good to see you back young man...
  • Options
    Symmetry is paramount in my opinion, if that’s the final decision on how your sofas are going to go then you want your tv central to that rather than centre of the wall. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    are there doors on the bottom wall, are they vital? If it were me, and of course it depends how into film you are, I'd be configuring for a drop down projection screen as big as you can get. It looks from your set up though that the TV isn't that important, if so I'd go option B.

Kinda agree about symmetry but for me it should be the bottom wall, and or a TV 'area' hence B

Can the heat pump go somewhere else seems intrusive?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    And if it's a smart TV where your router is may also be important.
    It will be hardwired (there will be a network connection on the wall).
  • Options
    Whichever one your wife prefers.