Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull City POST MATCH THREAD | 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    Really odd vibes from Bowyer in the interview.... was pushed on the ‘strange things’ comment and did his upmost not to snap at the interviewer who was trying to get an answer out of him 
    He said strange meant different. 
  • Options
    Lee was so visibly boiling, definitely getting a ban but fuck it he needed to vent somehow!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Of course because you know about the mindset of a pro athlete!!!
    So you are happy with the mindset of a team that concedes 5 goals in added time?
    You don't believe there is a problem there? It's all just back luck is it?
    You HAVE to make the right decisions when it counts. That is bottle in professional sport - when the pressure is really on.

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Massively miss Cullen

Cullen wasn't the problem tonight, midfield competed just fine. Defensive errors were the problem tonight.

We actually played pretty well overall, but we can't buy a break.
  • Options
    If you sit back and defend for 20 minutes that’s what happens. Yet again.  Ref about to blow, Leko gets a dumb booking, ref adds on 30!secs for it, they score after 95.25. Only ourselves to blame. Much better effort tonight though.
  • Options
    How long is Cullen out for? I may factor this in to any post takeover euphoria related 1/2 season ticket purchase....
  • Options
    Opppps Bows was not a happy bunny after the game. This run alongside new owners will lead to some pressure.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Dizzle said:
    Bows gonna get another ban here for his comments about the ref
    He’s right though 
    Sadly that's unlikely to make a lot of difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you sit back and defend for 20 minutes that’s what happens. Yet again.  Ref about to blow, Leko gets a dumb booking, ref adds on 30!secs for it, they score after 95.25. Only ourselves to blame. Much better effort tonight though.
    Did think at the time it was pointless from Leko, they were always going to be allowed to put it in the box so no point trying to waste time there.
  • Options
    Driesen did us a favour. Eaves is a duffer. 
  • Options
    Leko and Sarr excellent. Unbelievable how we keep conceding late on - can't see a game out. Shouldn't keep happening.
  • Options
    Was Bows accurate with the refs timings in his interview? 
  • Options
    Much better performance than the pile of shit served up recently and it gives me hope we can stay up .

Sickening to let one in that late but as I said once we beat Sunderland on penalties in the play off final that we can lose every penalty shoot out forever cos we won the one that mattered 
    We also can't complain about last minute goals , we scored that one against Sunderland the one that matters more than any of the ones we've conceded since .

10 points from 16 games is beyond abysmal but there's a slither of hope .

Ben Purrington , I've never rated , I feel he is slow motion and this league is too sharp for him but hes got to want that ball more in the last few seconds and Phillips wont sleep after letting that in which prolly was the easier of the 3 he had to save .

3%    7th-12th ............................ 76%    13th-21st ..........................21%  Relegation
  • Options
    So frustrating but if you had offered me a point at the start of the game I'd probably have taken it
    But we were 2-1 up with -1 minute left of injury time!
  • Options
    WHY AM I GETTING CAR FINANCE ADVERTS?

THIS IS NOT TARGETED ADVERTISING.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The defence is so bad. I really don’t see what everyone else does in Lockyer. Looks lost everytime I’ve seen him play. 

Leko and Sarr had good games today. 
    Thought Lockyer was excellent today, got in several vital tackles and didn’t do anything wrong.
    Also cleared several balls that Matthews misjudged.

Lockyer and Sarr only defenders to take credit for defending today. Pearce not that bad but should have smashed that through ball into row Z.

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Phillips fault for the goal. Made some saves yeah but that’s what he’s paid to do. Can’t kick for shit and doesn’t control his 6 yard box. If he comes out and claims the ball we win. Players give everything but not having people stick up for him tonight . Cost us the 3 points 
    That’s bollocks. If it wasn’t for Dills we would have lost that game about twenty minutes earlier. If no-one made mistakes every game would end 0-0, every goal comes from a mistake somewhere. We had a throw just before they got the free kick they scored from. We gave the ball away. Blame that player eh. Just as much at fault as Dills.
    Rubbish . He only needed to come out and claim the ball and failed to do so. Don’t matter how many good saves he made previously, he still cost us the 3 points 
  • Options
    such an improved performance after Tuesday. played how i know they can play which was why tuesday pissed me off so much.

apart from the odd defensive error we completely deserved the three points today. gutted. 
  • Options
    WHY AM I GETTING CAR FINANCE ADVERTS?

THIS IS NOT TARGETED ADVERTISING.
    FUCK OFF 
    Apologies for mistakenly trying to bring a modicum of humour to a dark day.

I shall retreat in to the hole from whence I came.
    Apology accepted  I'm in a bad mood. 

Nah bollox 

FUCK OFF 
    I'd expect nothing less.

In the words of Ali G, restecp.
  • Options
    Boro was sh*t. Wednesday tough. Cardiff disappointing, Miiill and Huddersfield predictable. But tonight is truly difficult to take. Gutted. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Was Bows accurate with the refs timings in his interview? 
    Taylor gets injured (Hull throw on ) 88.39 throw on taken 90.17 after the 5 mins go up
    Purrington gives away foul on 94.41 free kick taken 95.08 and ball goes in 95.18 
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the replay of their equalizer yet but if all accounts true the ball in should have been dealt with ,What ever happened to the old Charlie Wright saying “if in doubt punch it out” you hardly see keepers doing that these days.