Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull City POST MATCH THREAD | 13/12/19

edited December 2019 in General Charlton
This is getting silly now. Soo pissed off!!! We can't even win a game when we deserve to. Pierce had to clear for the first, why leave it!? Dillon dropped the second. 

Comments

• Options
    Time after fucking time I try and defend this team.
    That's the 5th time this season we have conceded after 90 minutes. 
    More than any other side in this division. 
    Massive bottlers. 

• Options
    I'm billing the club when I inevitably have a heart attack. I'm shaking I'm so pissed off so probably shouldnt comment further 
  • Options
    We played really well and much better than I expected. I think these last minute goals are partly due to having no attacking outlets late in the game.
  • Options
    I would blame Friday 13th - except its happening every fucking week.

Need some better quality players, and with the fighting spirit of Lockyer, Pratley, Gallagher. 

Just hope these new owners are the real deal, and not some dodgy shysters who are going to short change Bowyer on contracts and transfers.
  • Options
    Much better than the last 2 outings. Defensively we are a mess. Pearce and Purrington at fault for the goals. The one I feel sorry for is Phillips - he keeps us in games and senior players in front of him defend like a pub team.  

Leko, Pratley and Phillips were the pick of the players. Sarr also deserves a mention, thought he was solid and scored a great goal.

• Options
    Anger that it was another late goal but in reality we created nothing in the second half. Draw probably a fair result but 3 points were very much there for the taking as they are not a good side.
  • Options
    More gutted than on Tuesday as we put a real shift in tonight. We must be setting new records for injury time goals.

More performances like that with players back and far more confident of staying up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Thrown in with 30 seconds to go an every team in the world goes right down the touchline and get another throw or try to protect the ball.
    We try to go infield and lose possession and then a non-foul and 2-2.
    No thought to try to get a 3rd goal to make things safe, just do exactly what we've done in the last 10 games and try to defend and expect a different outcome.
    Fucking pathetic. Massive bottlers.
  • Options
    I suspect Sunderland are loving watching us on the box lately.
  • Options
    Wankers 
  • Options
    The defence is so bad. I really don’t see what everyone else does in Lockyer. Looks lost everytime I’ve seen him play. 

Leko and Sarr had good games today. 
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    One question - with a sub to go - why not bring on Ledley in injury time to shore up the defence but mainly to waste time?
    Really good point 
  • Options
    Sorry but both their goals its bollocks defending carry on defending like that we are going down.

First one Pearce should have cleared, second Purrington beaten in the air by a midget, then Phillips let's it slip in, pathetic.

Pity because much better than Tuesday but still nowhere near enough attacking football.

Also thought Bowyer should have made another sub one to give more legs in last 5 two to waste a bit of time.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    One question - with a sub to go - why not bring on Ledley in injury time to shore up the defence but mainly to waste time?
    Didnt see him warm up once either today or Tuesday

Something dont sit right - Why not utilise him when Morgan went off; i.e. Use a proper midfield - Fully expect Bowyer to have his reasons!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we scored 2 goals
    we were far more competitive than recently
    we didn't loose
    a far better team performance
  • Options
    Although we were better we got 1 point more than we deserved
    Time after time we invited them to run at us corner after corner they threatened 
    Sorry to say it was coming
  • Options
    Unbelievable. Deserved all 3 there.
  • Options
    I suspect Sunderland are loving watching us on the box lately.
    Well they have been pretty average in League One so probably feel a bit low themselves!

Unlucky - maybe just sums how its going atm!?
  • Options
    One point more than this morning. Should have been three but better than none. 

COYR
  • Options
    Wish people would fuck off using the term bottlers

They're fucking low on confidence because they're being shafted by referees and injuries every week - Or can someone even fucking well explain how they werent bottling it against Brentford or Leeds!!!
    The team are a massive bunch of bottlers.
  • Options
    Like I said on Tuesday, Purrington’s consistent 7/10s are now 3/10s. We need a new left back in January