Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury news

Comments

• Options
    We are literally fucking cursed with injuries!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Although disappointed, I’m really not surprised, the sooner the old scroat is gone the better.
  • Options
    Our season is cursed on the injury front - threadbare resources at present.
  • Options
    It's feels like a curse. 

• Options
    Leko in a knee brace then :(
  • Options
    Just unbelievable this season 
  • Options
    It’s just impossible luck. I can’t understand how it can keep on happening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need the Roland curse lifted!
  • Options
    Sounds like our players need to play in a knee armour. Unbelievable last two seasons.

something am doesn’t see quite right but I’m sure ibborg is looking into it as per. 
  • Options
    After 2 shoulder injuries in a game last season, now 4 knee injuries in less than 3 months
  • Options
    I don't believe in coincidences and this is beyond ridiculous now.  Something wrong with the way they are training.
  • Options
    It seems insane to get yet another knee injury, but it seemed like he injured himself colliding with some shite angled advertising hoarding which is too close to the playing area at that shithole. 

I think it's just bad luck. Less sure that the Williams setback is. And is it 100% fact that Field did himself in at West Brom, and not back with us?

At least Lyle lasted the full 95.
  • Options
    It seems insane to get yet another knee injury, but it seemed like he injured himself colliding with some shite angled advertising hoarding which is too close to the playing area at that shithole. 

I think it's just bad luck. Less sure that the Williams setback is. And is it 100% fact that Field did himself in at West Brom, and not back with us?

97 with the 2 added from the first half.  ;)
  • Options

As 100 % as we can know. Bowyer said that it was his last session before he was released by WBA to come down to us.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Bowyer pre QPR/Leko injury:

“I just hope we don’t pick up any more. If we started losing more then we’re in real trouble.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we have an idea on when others will be back: Oztumer, JFC, Chuks (ever?), Hemed, Cullen
  • Options
    At what point do we need to inform the Football League that we no longer have enough players to fulfill our fixtures and can we postpone matches?
  • Options
    At what point do we need to inform the Football League that we no longer have enough players to fulfill our fixtures and can we postpone matches?
    When we are down to just 7 players.......
  • Options
    I don't believe in coincidences and this is beyond ridiculous now.  Something wrong with the way they are training.
    Was starting to think about this the other day. Shortly before Robinson left we had a similar injury crisis, and everyone put it down to training and conditioning. We had a much smaller squad that season. 

Talal said:
    Leko has been fine for ages though, even twisted his ankle last week but carried on. Players are being overused at the moment which probably doesn't help. 
    Without a doubt I think this plays a role, at least for some. Leko would be a prime candidate. I was surprised he was started with Bonne and Taylor. Given how much he and Bonne have played of late, they both must be huge injury risks. 

But when you look at some of the others, Amos hadn't played. Williams was playing once a week. Field about the same. Ozzie had barely been playing. 

It's hard to find a through line. Some of it is definitely bad luck. Some of it contact injuries. But a long of tendon and long muscle injuries as well. 
  • Options
    Do we have an idea on when others will be back: Oztumer, JFC, Chuks (ever?), Hemed, Cullen
    JFC: weeks, I think like two months. Cullen, would be surprised if we see him again this season, but my guess would be March/Aprile. Oztumer, no clue. Chuks, no clue. Hemed it sounded like he was a couple weeks away a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since. Think Bowyer said he was outside running. Also, no idea on Kayal, who has gone back to Brighton. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    JFC: weeks, I think like two months. Cullen, would be surprised if we see him again this season, but my guess would be March/Aprile. Oztumer, no clue. Chuks, no clue. Hemed it sounded like he was a couple weeks away a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since. Think Bowyer said he was outside running. Also, no idea on Kayal, who has gone back to Brighton. 
    Saw a photo online a couple of days ago with someone who'd gone to the training session at the Valley. Aneke and Hemed were both in the photo, so can't be far off a return.

Kayal i'm sure we'll terminate his loan and look to get someone else in. Can't gamble on him ever being fully fit and at the salary he must be on it's a waste.
  • Options
    So if they are as bad as they sound, then can we assume that we'll never see Leko or Field for us again? If they're going to be out for 2-3 months (just guessing here) then we may as well terminate their loans and get someone else in. Are we allowed to do that?
  • Options
    So if they are as bad as they sound, then can we assume that we'll never see Leko or Field for us again? If they're going to be out for 2-3 months (just guessing here) then we may as well terminate their loans and get someone else in. Are we allowed to do that?
    Theres no point us keeping another team's injured players on loan. If we can send back 3 of the current loans and get replacements in I'd be happy. Shame as on paper Kayal, Field and Leko could have all been decent if fit.