Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Clearance?

13»

Comments

• Options
    If Matt Southall is an active football agent, isn't that a conflict of interest?
    Yes but that stops once he takes over as Chairman. 
    Roland seemed to act as an agent for Michy Batshuayi went he had the 2 transfers after leaving Standard Liège, when he trousered 10 million according to European Journalists.
  • Options
    The only hold up might be just how many fingers Nimer and the other directors have in so many pies.

Declaring all their directorships, agent roles etc etc and those then being checked will take time but it's not as if the potential owners can't afford to pay someone competent to do that.

The EFL on the other hand.....

My prediction: it will be announced on Thursday. Check the date if you're wondering why.
    As said on first page.
  • Options
    Seth plum said:
    I have no problems with fit and proper persons checks, provided the checks are fit and proper.
    We have waited long enough and a bit longer is something we can handle.

Speak for yourself, it's not something I can handle!!!
  • Options
    We need a new protest movement, if they frustrate the deal in any way

Any ideas for a name?

• Options
    Why was Murray sat next to them on Saturday?

Is he involved?

Better not be.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    No. It's all on the official site.
  • Options
    I must admit I have wondered about the announcement being made prior to the EFL approval. Because nothing can actually get done before that happens (contract extensions etc which they have spoken about). They must be pretty confident about it.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    Bump.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    Bump.
    Can't you just tell us rather than have endless hours of teasing?
  • Options
    I posed the question recently regarding RM's involvement in this current maelstrom , asking if we are ignoring his presence at our peril . 

If one person has been a constant in our troubles over the past decade or so, it's this formerly popular and even lauded man.

So, I ask again ....

Should we be informing  him in some way that we are concerned he may be working against the best interests of OUR club and its fans at this crucial time ?
    If I recall, once before a league game at The Valley CARD called out Richard Murray I can't remember which game it was but I think it was to be a protest outside the West Stand with Murray the target instead of Roland.

If memory serves me right Murray got wind of this and agreed to have a Q&A with the Supporters Trust and the protest was subsequently cancelled.

Not saying CARD or anyone need to be doing this or that but it's clear from the past that a loud enough voice concerned about his actions (or lack of them) may well smoke him out again.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    Bump.
    So we saying some focus needs to now be on Murray? Not just Elliott/Farnell et al.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Markg2004 said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    Bump.
    So we saying some focus needs to now be on Murray? Not just Elliott/Farnell et al.
    That's my interpretation, BD.

Maybe we should keep bumping this to bring it to others' attention again.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Markg2004 said:
    BigDiddy said:

Is he involved?

Better not be.
    Bump.
    That's my interpretation, BD.

Maybe we should keep bumping this to bring it to others' attention again.
    Well, that's what Airman wants.
  • Options
    Murray has been poison for a long time.

Do we know if he has involvement in the Sandgaard bid?
  • Options
    BUMP in light of Airman's latest VOTV online piece.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no land on the Penisula for a football ground, it's too expensive, if the club does ever leave the Valley we'll be moving east along the Thames
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    There is no land on the Penisula for a football ground, it's too expensive, if the club does ever leave the Valley we'll be moving east along the Thames
    So should we ignore the fact that he could still be "plotting" behind the scenes to influence a sale for his own benefit in some way ? 

My original post regarding him suggested that fans might find a pertinent way to advise him to butt out unless his actions are for the benefit of our club and its fans .

But it's easier to ignore him and hope he just goes away, I guess .....
  • Options
    I'd like to know that the infamous ex-Directors were part of negotiations too. That 7m or some of it could disappear if they felt the right owner were taking over. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    So should we ignore the fact that he could still be "plotting" behind the scenes to influence a sale for his own benefit in some way ? 

My original post regarding him suggested that fans might find a pertinent way to advise him to butt out unless his actions are for the benefit of our club and its fans .

But it's easier to ignore him and hope he just goes away, I guess .....
    I think he's a self serving arsehole who's been at the heart of nearly all bad decisions since Curbs left. I want him out of the club
    Indeed.

So, should we be seeking a way to tell him ?
  • Options
    I would imagine he knows. He seems reluctant to come out and say anything.