Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL Clearance?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure I read on the EFL site regarding the fit & proper test that once someone applies to be a relevant person the football league will notify the club within 5 days of how long the process will take.
    Word is they approached the EFL a couple of weeks ago so should be aware of when or if this will be tied up.
  • Options
    I also don't think the new Chairman would've  been been there if the EFL process had only just started. I think they were being sensible in saying pending EFL approvable, because they are just waiting official confirmation as opposed to waiting for the full process to take place.

Finger crossed
    the Australians were wearing scarfs and shaking fans hands and a deal hadn't even been agreed
  • Options
    I'm sure I read on the EFL site regarding the fit & proper test that once someone applies to be a relevant person the football league will notify the club within 5 days of how long the process will take.
    Word is they approached the EFL a couple of weeks ago so should be aware of when or if this will be tied up.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

2.3 b):
    within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person;

• Options
    I also don't think the new Chairman would've  been been there if the EFL process had only just started. I think they were being sensible in saying pending EFL approvable, because they are just waiting official confirmation as opposed to waiting for the full process to take place.

Finger crossed
    the Australians were wearing scarfs and shaking fans hands and a deal hadn't even been agreed
    Exactly one of the reasons I wasn't a great fan of the Aussies. I've got a feeling though, that what happened on Saturday was the genuine,  "turn up to a game as the new Chairman" that usually goes before an imminent take over. Who knows how many games Matt Southall had attended before the announcement? No one, because it was probably done on the low so as not to prematurely get fans hopes up.

That's what I hope anyway
  • Options

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-3---owners-and-directors-test/

2.3 b):
    within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person;
    So if the deal was done just 2 weeks ago, it's not unreasonable to expect the EFL to be done this week
  • Options
    To be honest, I would have thought that the nature of Roland would help speed up the process as much as anything else. I would have thought that the EFL would be as keen to get rid of him as anyone else.
  • Options
    To be honest, I would have thought that the nature of Roland would help speed up the process as much as anything else. I would have thought that the EFL would be as keen to get rid of him as anyone else.
    Yes - it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes (it is the EFL of course) to determine that our new owners have satisfied the fit and proper test. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No updates on the Companies House Register as yet.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Looked earlier funnily enough, still RD
  • Options
    ....tab still on me phone - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01788466/officers

Not that it means anything as this is what we're waiting for EFL to sanction
  • Options

Finger crossed
    Exactly one of the reasons I wasn't a great fan of the Aussies. I've got a feeling though, that what happened on Saturday was the genuine,  "turn up to a game as the new Chairman" that usually goes before an imminent take over. Who knows how many games Matt Southall had attended before the announcement? No one, because it was probably done on the low so as not to prematurely get fans hopes up.

It would have been funny if he had been sitting 2 rows back from Peter Kenyon or Andrew Muir at previous matches, and completely ignored!
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Finger crossed

It would have been funny if he had been sitting 2 rows back from Peter Kenyon or Andrew Muir at previous matches, and completely ignored!
    Undercover Boss. Potman I'm Crossbars or shop assistant in club shop, He was the one responsible for the issuing of free merch to any perspective new owners
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The EFL look at East Street Investments Portfolio and the kudos that all involved in this takeover have in the business world.
    They look at Roland Duchâtelet's 6 year tenure at Cafc and his eccentric tyrannical shit pokery crass douchebag bellendesque weasel ways of  running a football club.

A tough decision for the EFL.
  • Options
    EFL Clearance?
    of course there is, it's Cyber Monday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This excitment all getting too much for me, already the double whammy of grandchild due on Election Day and now this!!!!
    If it all happens in the same day please can they call the baby Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan?

Even if it's a girl. 
    To be honest the name sounds quite attractive when compared to either Boris or Jeremy. (Apologies to any Charlton supporters called Jeremy or, very unlikely, any called Boris).
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I have no problems with fit and proper persons checks, provided the checks are fit and proper.
    We have waited long enough and a bit longer is something we can handle.
  • Options
    If the EFL take too long or prove difficult we can argue that they are not fit and proper to do the F&P test based on their questionable impartiality considering that have previously been linked to buying us!!
  • Options
    If Roly got through efl clearance then surely anyone can.

He had other teams which were surely a conflict or risk.

Fingers crossed

• Options
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    LenGlover said:
    Why do I feel as if this could be another Osei Sankofa situation?

We are Charlton. The only Premiership club to appeal a booking and get that ban increased.

We've been critical of the EFL fit and proper person protest so who better than Charlton for them to lodge their first ever refusal?

You read it here first.
    Others in the past have failed the test.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fit-and-proper-person_test

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/nov/18/chester-city-fit-proper-person-test

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17302801

Others have failed the test because:

At Chester, the prospective new owner had been involved in major VAT fraud.

Rangers, because of serious HMRC and VAT issues.

The EFL said the Doncaster takeover was refused because the prospective purchaser didn't have a viable business plan and added:
    "In any club takeover it is a requirement for the prospective purchaser to provide a business plan and to demonstrate that the funding is in place to deliver on that plan," they said."

We've got to trust that the directors of East Street Investments have full funding and no record of business irregularities.
    And that there is no conflict of interest in football matters.

Can't see anything else that would get in the way.

• Options
    I would think that the EFL want to see the end of Roland's tenure, as much as we do
  • Options
    If Matt Southall is an active football agent, isn't that a conflict of interest?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Looked earlier funnily enough, still RD
    I should imagine Roland Rat wants it done quickly now.
    Belgian tax year ends 31 December.

• Options
    If Matt Southall is an active football agent, isn't that a conflict of interest?
    Maybe he won't be an active agent once he takes over the Chairman?