Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs sack Pochettino / Mourinho appointed

Comments

• Options
    He said all the right things at the press conference yesterday and he seemed to have got that twinkle back in his eye.

He looks like the break after Utd has done him the world of good.  Time will tell.

Dont think I've ever heard Mourinho talk about the academy before at any club.  Its almost as if he had his speech written by our Director of Comms Donna Cullen but hey.

Here's hoping this doesnt go badly wrong :)
  • Options
    Bale loves his life in Madrid. He has a close knit bunch of friends who he plays golf with and relaxes in the sun. He doesn’t give a shit what the fans or press think. He’ll stay there as long as they pay him to stay there, and I can only see him moving if it means a similar lifestyle elsewhere. So Probably not London! 

He’s got an impressive enough trophy haul (most successful British export even? Not sure) so he won’t be motivated to come back here to win trophies either! I’d love to see him in the PL again but I doubt it’ll happen. 
  • Options
    Bale is far to gung ho for Mourinho, he didn't like Mo Salah and Kev de Bruyne, probably cos they didn't track back and help out in defence
    Salah was terrible when he played for Chelsea, specifically remember him taking a shot that went out for a throw-in. Chelsea went on to win the league without him.

Off the top of my head, KDB was sold to Wolfsburg the season Mourinho re-joined Chelsea. Di Matteo didn't like him, he was the manager that sent him out on loan to Germany if i remember rightly. Chelsea went on to win the league without him.

Apart from when he was at United, who had a shocking squad, i think Mourinho's teams have finished in the top 2 scoring sides in the league every season bar 1 in 11. (Chelsea, Inter, Madrid, Chelsea).

The blokes not perfect by any means, but he's not the only manager to let go of future talent. He's also not as negative and you seem to make out.
    He's very negative, moaning and whining after every game at Man United, having sarcastic digs at other managers.  It became rather tedious after a while.

I think he thought he could be the King at Old Trafford like Fergie thinking he had the same aura, when it dawned on him he wasn't he just became petulant and arrogant and with him things become toxic

I see Spurs has already become the Jose Mourinho show
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Bale loves his life in Madrid. He has a close knit bunch of friends who he plays golf with and relaxes in the sun. He doesn’t give a shit what the fans or press think. He’ll stay there as long as they pay him to stay there, and I can only see him moving if it means a similar lifestyle elsewhere. So Probably not London! 

He’s got an impressive enough trophy haul (most successful British export even? Not sure) so he won’t be motivated to come back here to win trophies either! I’d love to see him in the PL again but I doubt it’ll happen. 
    Yeah agreed, he's not coming back to England to play. He's built himself a golf course in his house I think, he won't leave that for the rain of England 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He's become the opposite of Giggs. Giggs lived for his club and never seemed bothered about playing for Wales, whereas for Bale Wales seems far more important than his club now
  • Options
    That's the modern footballer, happy to let his career go down the khazi as long as his bank balance is bulging

What difference does it make whether you get paid 100k or 500k ?  If it were me i'd rather play at a club where the fans adore you and have a great career.  Respect and honours are worth more than pound notes
  • Options
    Stay humble José 😂 
  • Options
    snowinberlin said:
    That's the modern footballer, happy to let his career go down the khazi as long as his bank balance is bulging

What difference does it make whether you get paid 100k or 500k ?  If it were me i'd rather play at a club where the fans adore you and have a great career.  Respect and honours are worth more than pound notes
    About £20 million a year and as his current contract runs out when he's 33 so his earning power will deteriorate rather rapidly from that point onwards. Although he's made more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life, as Liverpool and City wouldn't want him, the chances of him winning the big two trophies (the PL and CL) for an English club are negligible.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bale has won plenty of trophies, it's hardly been a wasted career. I don't think he gives a shit about proving anything to anyone, or that not winning the CL with an English team bothers him in the least.
  • Options

Stu is right, you’re a WUM. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jose has dropped Sissoko

Playing Winks and Dier together and has bought Lucas back into the starting lineup for 
  • Options
    Dele Alli has looked like a new man in that first 45 mins.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Mourinho will do wonders for Alli and rejuvenate a career that had gone stale.

Alli playing just off Kane will be lethal and back to how he was 2-3 years ago.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    And that certainly isn't just down to Mourinho or Poch's fault either.

Someone like Vardy certainly doesn't play well every game but the one thing he always does is put a shift in. And it's probably the "shifts" working in a factory that stops him from ever being in the comfort zone that Alli has previously found himself in.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Why do you think Mourinho will do wonders for Dele?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:
    And that certainly isn't just down to Mourinho or Poch's fault either.

Someone like Vardy certainly doesn't play well every game but the one thing he always does is put a shift in. And it's probably the "shifts" working in a factory that stops him from ever being in the comfort zone that Alli has previously found himself in.
    Good point, no coincidence vardy gave up international football to concentrate on club football, now he's on fire, he will be a legend for Leicester.  Bale could learn a thing or two, more interested in his bank balance

Money, Wales, golf, madrid
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:

Why do you think Mourinho will do wonders for Dele?
    New manager, fresh ideas, playing him in his proper position.

It's pretty clear Alli's career was stagnating. Three seasons ago he scored 22 goals, then 14 goals then last year just 7. 

Alli probably did more and worked harder yesterday that he's done all season. 
  • Options
    Did I really hear the Special One say “It’s not about me” in his post match interview??
  • Options
    Alli is at his best when Spurs press, that what he's good at 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went back to 4231 with Dele in his favourite No 10 position yesterday, and he played well. Indeed a problem for him getting back into the England team, as he doesn't really fit in the 433 formation we play as he's not a wide attacker, and he's not one of the midfield 3 
  • Options
    Went back to 4231 with Dele in his favourite No 10 position yesterday, and he played well. Indeed a problem for him getting back into the England team, as he doesn't really fit in the 433 formation we play as he's not a wide attacker, and he's not one of the midfield 3 
    Which is a similar reason why I believe James Maddison keeps getting overlooked as a starter for England. Unfortunately for him his club position doesn’t fit into the national team formation. 
    Maddison fits better than Dele in the midfield 3 but I do believe it’s a contributing factor.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    WTF has happened to Mourinho?  Juat watching MOTD catch up.  He looks at death's door.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thought the same, seems to have aged about ten years even since leaving United.
  • Options
    He isnt ill or anything. Apparently his barber done a crap job cutting his hair so he asked for a number 1 all over
  • Options
    He isnt ill or anything. Apparently his barber done a crap job cutting his hair so he asked for a number 1 all over
    Image result for tired old bald man
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Just reading about what happened in Hadley common yesterday, Mourinho saying that it doesn't matter because social distancing was applied.

I'm sorry thats bollocks, the rules are you can only go out in public with people who live in your home.

I haven't seen @kellycafc for over 2 weeks now because we dont live together, but Jose thinks its ok to hold a training session with Ndombele

If Ndombele cant stick to a training plan himself like every otjer footballer is doing atm, then he needs to look at himself 
  • Options
    Absolute tossers.....typical of the football mentality.  

The MP they interviewed on BBC1 and questioned about it wouldn't even condemn their actions.  He was quick to condemn the public a few days ago though as you would expect. 
  • Options
    This is one of the big issues. It is the culture in football to take every advantage by fair means or foul. So some will see this as an opportunity to be more ready for when the season restarts (if it does) than others. I think the authorities need to be stronger and say that any club flouting what they are permitted to do will be docked points.