Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

André Gomes injury

13»

Comments

• Options
    Reported today that he has indeed sustained a dislocated ankle alongside at least one fracture, being the ankle itself too.

Had surgery today. Let’s hope for a speedy recovery for him.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed.

Doesn't sound as bad as it could have been.
  • Options
    Sons red card has been overturned.

• Options
    I think as nasty as it looked it'll probably be better than doing an ACL for example, at least I hope so!
  • Options

Which makes the statement originally issued by the Premier League that “The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge” complete and utter nonsense. The Ref issued it because of the injury and the possible backlash from the crowd but the PL are never going to admit that are they? 
  • Options
    Is there some way a ref can "send a player off" without issuing a red card?

For instance, if a badly injured player insists on playing on. There is no way Son was in a fit state to continue and I think it was right for the ref to stop him playing. But a red card was not the right way to it and could even have enflamed the crowd.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

For instance, if a badly injured player insists on playing on. There is no way Son was in a fit state to continue and I think it was right for the ref to stop him playing. But a red card was not the right way to it and could even have enflamed the crowd.

Yes. The ref can speak to the bench and ask them to substitute the player.
  • Options

In GAA, they have a black card, where the player has to be subbed.
  • Options

In GAA, they have a black card, where the player has to be subbed.
    For instances whee the player has been smashed in the face with that plank of wood thing but still refuses to leave the field of play...
  • Options
    Ross said:

Yes. The ref can speak to the bench and ask them to substitute the player.
    Spurs subbed Aurier after the incident as he was too upset, so probably would have done the same with Son as well (they still had 2 subs left to make at the time)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Funny  Ibthought we had VAR for all this. How can a 'wrong' card be issued in the first place. Rhetorical question obviously.

Just shows that VAR is a joke. Spurs could quite easily had hung on for a win if they have had all 11 players on the pitch for the final 15 mins.
  • Options
    Back on the bench today at Arsenal

Been impressive from him to return to First Team action so soon after that injury
  • Options
    Back on the bench today at Arsenal

Been impressive from him to return to First Team action so soon after that injury
    Starts today... Great return from him!!